Windows 10: Changed name in regedit and now everything is gone

Discus and support Changed name in regedit and now everything is gone in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I was trying to change the name of my computer and I typed in the command to the command prompt, but instead of clicking enter I just completed the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by RaymondJirsa, Mar 21, 2023.

1. Changed name in regedit and now everything is gone

I was trying to change the name of my computer and I typed in the command to the command prompt, but instead of clicking enter I just completed the next step which was to open regedit and change the name in hkey_local_machine/software/Microsoft/windowsnt/current version/profilelist and clicked on sid number, then clicked on profile image path value and then entered the new user name. Then restarted the computer and now I can only boot into a temp user account.

:)

RaymondJirsa, Mar 21, 2023

2. name changes??

If you desire a name change please do the following:

• Ask yourself if you really need a name change.
    • Make sure you have a good reason.
    • Know what you want your new name to be before you request a name change.
    • Send Urlyin a PM containing a decent explanation of your reason as well as your desired name.

Polaris573, Mar 21, 2023
  3. Kreij Win User
    name changes??

How about TPU_Moms_Rule.

Just a suggestion *Smile Changed name in regedit and now everything is gone :)

I agree with most people. Mod assisted name changes only.

Kreij, Mar 21, 2023
  4. Changed name in regedit and now everything is gone

change windows 10 pc name

We appreciate you getting back to us. To change the cmd name, we suggest that you follow this steps:

• Open a Command Prompt (Adimin) window: Win+X, A, Alt+Y
    • Then run the following command to change your computer name to Donner: WMIC ComputerSystem where Name=COMPUTER-NAME call Rename Name=NewName
    • Reboot your PC.
    • Try to run ipconfig / all command, you should find that the Host Name in Windows IP Configuration list has been changed to the new name.

Keep us posted with the result.

Marilou Ser, Mar 21, 2023
Thema:

Changed name in regedit and now everything is gone

1. Changed name in regedit and now everything is gone - Similar Threads - Changed name regedit

2. Changed name in regedit and now everything is gone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changed name in regedit and now everything is gone: I was trying to change the name of my computer and I typed in the command to the command prompt, but instead of clicking enter I just completed the next step which was to open regedit and change the name in hkey_local_machine/software/Microsoft/windowsnt/current...
  3. Deleted OneDrive folder, now everything is gone

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleted OneDrive folder, now everything is gone: I searched my computer and it looked like I did not have OneDrive installed, and I did not have it set to automatically save/store anything there. However, I had a folder titled "OneDrive" with lots of random things in it, with many of the folders completely empty. I searched...
  4. Deleted OneDrive folder, now everything is gone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted OneDrive folder, now everything is gone: I searched my computer and it looked like I did not have OneDrive installed, and I did not have it set to automatically save/store anything there. However, I had a folder titled "OneDrive" with lots of random things in it, with many of the folders completely empty. I searched...
  5. Deleted OneDrive folder, now everything is gone

6. regedit graphic card name change problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    regedit graphic card name change problem: I can change my graphics card name from the regedit records, but I have to restart the computer for the change to take effect.How should I make the change without having to restart the computer?What I want is that when I change my graphics card name from regedit and check...
  7. regedit graphic card name change problem

regedit graphic card name change problem: I can change my graphics card name from the regedit records, but I have to restart the computer for the change to take effect.How should I make the change without having to restart the computer?What I want is that when I change my graphics card name from regedit and check...
  8. regedit graphic card name change problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Everything is gone

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Everything is gone: I think I accidentally ended ‘explorer’ in task manager - all my programs exited. I restarted and then everything was missing - all my files gone, programs logged out like they’ve been newly installed, background has changed, etcTo try and fix I started up explorer again and...
  10. everything that was on my pc is now gone

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    everything that was on my pc is now gone: I was signed into my pc then it turned off and now nothing is on my pc, its like it got completely wiped, what do I do ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/everything-that-was-on-my-pc-is-now-gone/944a4e94-fbc4-46cb-86de-b5194bdc5a3e