Windows 10: Changed Notification sound, now the notification doesn't work

Discus and support Changed Notification sound, now the notification doesn't work in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have changed the notification custom and when I tested it, it worked fine. So I applied it. This is the route that I went through when changing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by haeunie, Apr 22, 2020.

1. haeunie Win User

Changed Notification sound, now the notification doesn't work

I have changed the notification custom and when I tested it, it worked fine.

So I applied it.

This is the route that I went through when changing the notification sound

[control panel -> sound -> change sound system ->notification]

But after changing it, whenever the notification pops up, it makes no sound.

I am so confused right now. I tried to update my driver but still doesn't work.

:)

haeunie, Apr 22, 2020

2. (SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

Yeah, thats not a solution she is interested in......I've suggested that course of action. Thanks though.

Just to clarify, I feel that there MUST be a step, or series of steps to turn off JUST the wireless notification sound. Thats what Im driving @ here.

jboydgolfer, Apr 22, 2020
  3. appl notification sounds have stopped working

Hi

Thanks for posting!

To change notification sounds

• In the App list, tap Settings > Notifications + actions, then tap an app from the list.

• Tap Notification sound, and then do one of the following:
      • Tap Play to preview a sound, and then tap the name of the sound you want to use.
      • If you don’t want to hear a sound for a notification, tap None.
    Please visit sites below and make sure that all has been setup accordingly to steps provided and settings available;

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-US/h...-personalization/change-notification-settings

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/h...d-personalization/ringtones-sounds-and-volume

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-US/h...rsonalization/notifications-and-quick-actions

Kind Regards,

Karolina M, Apr 22, 2020
  4. Changed Notification sound, now the notification doesn't work

Notification sounds are missing!!!!

Hello Nyan,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please provide some additional information, so that we can assist you better.

1. What is the make and model number of your computer?
    2. Have you made any changes on your computer?

However, I suggest you to follow the below mentioned step:

1. Go to “Control panel”.
    2. Select ‘Sound’.
    3. Under sounds tab select ‘Program event’.
    4. Under program event, select ‘Notification’.
    5. Make sure you select ‘Notification’ sound for startup application and system notification.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes or No’.

Harish

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Harish_kum, Apr 22, 2020
Thema:

Changed Notification sound, now the notification doesn't work

1. Changed Notification sound, now the notification doesn't work - Similar Threads - Changed Notification sound

2. Changing notification sounds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing notification sounds: Hi,I downloaded the old windows 10 sounds, and tried to change the notification, email, and messaging sounds in the control panel and when I do none of the notifications make sound, they are .wav files so I'm not sure what is going on here. All i want are a few of the...
  3. Changing notification sounds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing notification sounds: Hi,I downloaded the old windows 10 sounds, and tried to change the notification, email, and messaging sounds in the control panel and when I do none of the notifications make sound, they are .wav files so I'm not sure what is going on here. All i want are a few of the...
  4. Notification Sound Doesn't Play

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Notification Sound Doesn't Play: Over the past year I checked a half a dozen times to see if the Mail app notification sound triggers when I get no mail but I see it still doesn't work. I have set a sound for 'New Mail Notification.' Mail is set to 'Get notifications from these senders.' Still no...
  5. Change Notification Sounds?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change Notification Sounds?: Hello -- I suck at the Future. Once Upon a Time... (early 00's) in Windows (whatever revision) one had the option to personally choose what sound was made for various types of notifications. (This seemed like fun, but ultimately was tedious and got dull super fast) In 2021,...
  6. New Email Notification sound changed but not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    New Email Notification sound changed but not working: In Windows 10, I've gone into the Settings panel > Sounds > New Email Notification section and changed the default sound to a custom sound file. The sound file works fine when you test it after uploading it. But, all new emails continue to play the old, default sound file....
  7. The Notification Cente doesn't work

The Notification Cente doesn't work: After a upgrade to version 2004 Notification Centre stopped work on every accounts on my PC. When i try to click on icon nothing appears. The same when i try Win+P shortcut. The Microsoft technical tried to fix this by PowerShell command and cmd commands but this didn't help....
  8. Can't change the notification sounds.

Can't change the notification sounds.: Hi. Currently I'm having a problem when I tried to change the notification sounds. Yesterday was fine, I can change a few of them. But today when I tried to open up the file, my dialog box is stuck. I can't expand the dialog box, or scroll it down. It seems some text also...
  9. Changing sound volume notification

Changing sound volume notification: [ATTACH] Hi, basically whenever I change the sound these boxes come up, the box one never used to. It was always the small box but not the bigger one which says chrome.exe. Its super annoying as the box stays up for ages and you can't see anything behind it. Is there any...
  10. Mail notification sound doesn't play

in Browsers and Email
    Mail notification sound doesn't play: I'm running Wn10 and I would like to change some sounds. I'm running a background theme. I have downloaded a Wav file (thefreesite.com), added this file in a sound scheme (mail notification), tested it, saved it as modified scheme, but the sound doesn't play at all (when mail...