Windows 10: Changed OneDrive Directory, now Windows 10 Search doesn't work (for OneDrive files)

Discus and support Changed OneDrive Directory, now Windows 10 Search doesn't work (for OneDrive files) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, my search used to work fine, but I was running out of SSD space so logged out of OneDrive and re-logged in, changing the directory to my secondary... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/LogicalLewis, Dec 19, 2019.

1. Changed OneDrive Directory, now Windows 10 Search doesn't work (for OneDrive files)

Hi, my search used to work fine, but I was running out of SSD space so logged out of OneDrive and re-logged in, changing the directory to my secondary drive, a 1TB hard drive. That went fine, and I can browse those files fine, also can double click the OneDrive icon fine, but when I open the start menu and search for a file or folder, it DOES show, but it won't open. Clicking it won't work, open won't work, nor does open as administrator work. To open the file I must now always click "Open File Location" and open it from Windows Explorer. How can I fix this? Thanks!

submitted by /u/LogicalLewis
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/LogicalLewis, Dec 19, 2019
  2. Freezer Win User

Windows 10 - OneDrive

[/quote] Click to expand... Sorry, but I think you're confused and keep referring to Onedrive. There is a big difference between the consumer version of Onedrive business O365 version. I do not have the consumer version of Onedrive installed... it is Onedrive for Business. Also, this script is for "Onedrive" .... not Onedrive for Business. Thanks anyway.

OneDrive (for Business) built-in Windows 10 differences?

No thanks for providing a non-rant version. I ought to recruit about 20 million people and walk down to Microsoft headquarters and do them in. Tired of Microsoft forcing their childish development skills on the masses.

Freezer, Dec 19, 2019
  3. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Dec 19, 2019
  4. Freezer Win User

Changed OneDrive Directory, now Windows 10 Search doesn't work (for OneDrive files)

Windows 10 - OneDrive

This is Windows 10 Pro... Enterprise is an entirely different deal and I'm sure I won't have problems that route, but I'm not forking over more $ to dipshit developers. The only thing I can think of is un-linking my Office 365 accounts within Office, but that defeats the purpose of accessing the files ONLINE and managing them from there. I have two alumni accounts, not a single problem in Windows 7/8 until M$shit devs decided to integrate Onedrive. I've deleted, renamed, set read-only to "msosync.exe," ... but windows continues to add it again and again, and NOW I just noticed it's now linking to groove.exe, instead of onedrive. Sooo fn annoying!

Onedrive on Windows 10 is not an 'app' it is integrated. Plus I don't fool around with the Windows Store thoughtless developer child bullshit. Windows Store ought to be completely removed from the Windows platform all together. Also I do not intend to completely remove Onedrive, it defeats the purpose... the purpose is to REMOVE it from Windows Explorer navigation and startup.

Freezer, Dec 19, 2019
Thema:

Changed OneDrive Directory, now Windows 10 Search doesn't work (for OneDrive files)

1. Changed OneDrive Directory, now Windows 10 Search doesn't work (for OneDrive files) - Similar Threads - Changed OneDrive Directory

2. Without any change on my part, files are now being saved to a OneDrive directory instead of...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Without any change on my part, files are now being saved to a OneDrive directory instead of...: I don't have anything to add. My questions sum up the problem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/without-any-change-on-my-part-files-are-now-being/032711b3-30f6-46c3-9d61-cd306f5cfaaa
  3. Where are the directories that are NOT on OneDrive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where are the directories that are NOT on OneDrive?: I've been working on this for days--everyone at Microsoft is completely stumped by this. Maybe someone here has the answer!I don't want to use OneDrive for a variety of reasons. However, on my new HP Envy laptop with Office 365 and Windows 11, that is my only option. The...
  4. Where are the directories that are NOT on OneDrive?

Where are the directories that are NOT on OneDrive?: I've been working on this for days--everyone at Microsoft is completely stumped by this. Maybe someone here has the answer!I don't want to use OneDrive for a variety of reasons. However, on my new HP Envy laptop with Office 365 and Windows 11, that is my only option. The...
  5. Onedrive backup changes directory location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive backup changes directory location: To ensure enough disk storage space I moved the location of Documents, Desktop, Pictures etc. ie all data directories to a larger drive D:. To my dismay when I executed a One Drive backup this caused the Documents, Desktop and Pictures directories to be moved back to C: drive...
  6. Onedrive backup changes directory location

Onedrive backup changes directory location: To ensure enough disk storage space I moved the location of Documents, Desktop, Pictures etc. ie all data directories to a larger drive D:. To my dismay when I executed a One Drive backup this caused the Documents, Desktop and Pictures directories to be moved back to C: drive...
  7. Onedrive for Win10 doesn't work

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive for Win10 doesn't work: When you start the desktop version of ODclient, this will not start. I tried to download 32 and 64bit version, reinstalled, no result. After the opening setup window, the installation ends without notice. How is it going to fix it? Thanks for any advice.Peter...
  8. Search function in OneDrive doesn't work

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Search function in OneDrive doesn't work: i've tried the troubleshooting and some recommended solutions but can't use the search bar on any OneDrive folder. Is this a common bug or is it an issue I can fix? submitted by /u/eavesdroppingyou [link] [comments]...
  9. OneDrive Files On Demand doesn't work

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive Files On Demand doesn't work: I have around 100 GB of pictures stored on Onedrive. This overfills my laptop so I have turned on the files on demand option to free up the space. I also clicked on the free up space option in the folder short menu. I even did this for all the sub folder. Onedrive starts...
  10. Windows 10 search is not searching for file contents in OneDrive folder

in Cortana
    Windows 10 search is not searching for file contents in OneDrive folder: Windows 10 search is not searching for file contents in OneDrive folder, despite setting that option in Advanced Options in Indexing Options. Rebuilding index doesn't help with that. It seems to me that OneDrive setting which might preventing searching for file contents is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. search doesnt work in onedrive

2. windows 10 doesnt seach in files in one drive