Windows 10: Changed only user from Admin to device owner, now my account is classified as a guest.

Discus and support Changed only user from Admin to device owner, now my account is classified as a guest. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I typed the command netplwiz, and changed my only user from admin to device owner. I figured this would give me more access to the computer, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Karitora, Dec 19, 2019.

1. Karitora Win User

Changed only user from Admin to device owner, now my account is classified as a guest.

I typed the command netplwiz, and changed my only user from admin to device owner. I figured this would give me more access to the computer, but instead, I'm now considered a guest user. I cannot perform anything that requires admin rights. Is there any way to fix this without reinstalling Windows 10? I have backups of both my system and files from easetodo us, but I cannot recover them because I'm not an admin. If I have to reinstall windows, can I do so without deleting my other files, and how do I do so? Thanks for any and all assistance.

:)

Karitora, Dec 19, 2019
  2. Vesao Win User

How to remove Guest account?

Try these steps and you should be able to delete the guest account:
    1. Press the WIN + X keys and select "Command Prompt (Admin)" from the Quick Access menu.
    2. At the Command Prompt, run this command: Code:
      Code:
      net user Guest /del

Vesao, Dec 19, 2019
  3. tsram90 Win User
    How to remove Guest account?

Try these steps and you should be able to disable the guest account:

1. Press the WIN + X keys and select "Command Prompt (Admin)" from the Quick Access menu.
    2. At the Command Prompt, run this command:

Code:

tsram90, Dec 19, 2019
  4. Changed only user from Admin to device owner, now my account is classified as a guest.

Guest account disappeared...

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you wish to enable the Guest account on your computer.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to enable the guest account.

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click on Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type the below command:

net user guest /active:yes
    Hope it helps.

Let us know if you have any further query Windows, we are glad to assist you.

Navneet Anand, Dec 19, 2019
Thema:

Changed only user from Admin to device owner, now my account is classified as a guest.

1. Changed only user from Admin to device owner, now my account is classified as a guest. - Similar Threads - Changed user Admin

2. Changed admin account to device owner, now it doesnt work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changed admin account to device owner, now it doesnt work: Recently I tried making guest account and also changed mine to device owner and when I logged into the guest account I wasnt able to switch back to the admin device owner account, it just vanished. I need help on how to switch back because I when I try to run cmd as...
  3. Changed admin account to device owner, now it doesnt work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changed admin account to device owner, now it doesnt work: Recently I tried making guest account and also changed mine to device owner and when I logged into the guest account I wasnt able to switch back to the admin device owner account, it just vanished. I need help on how to switch back because I when I try to run cmd as...
  4. I accidentally switched my only admin account to a guest account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidentally switched my only admin account to a guest account: I accidentally switched my admin account to a guest account so now I want to get it to an admin account but when I try to open the command promptadmin or change settings, my pc ask for administrator permission but I can't allow it because now my account is a guest. And also I...
  5. I accidentally switched my only admin account to a guest account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I accidentally switched my only admin account to a guest account: I accidentally switched my admin account to a guest account so now I want to get it to an admin account but when I try to open the command promptadmin or change settings, my pc ask for administrator permission but I can't allow it because now my account is a guest. And also I...
  6. Since my latest windows update my only account has changed from admin to guest

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Since my latest windows update my only account has changed from admin to guest: Hello,Since my latest windows update kb4023057 my only account has changed from admin to guest.I can't change anything anymore.I tried to use system restore, but it says that it can't be restored.I tried to remove the update, but that also did not solve it....
  7. Changed only user from Admin to device owner, now my account is classified as a guest.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Changed only user from Admin to device owner, now my account is classified as a guest.: I typed the command netplwiz, and changed my only user from admin to device owner. I figured this would give me more access to the computer, but instead, I'm now considered a guest user. I cannot perform anything that requires admin rights. Is there any way to fix this...
  8. My only admin account is now guest + What is the hidden admin account passoword.

in Windows 10 Customization
    My only admin account is now guest + What is the hidden admin account passoword.: I recently noticed somebody changed my account from admin to guest. Is there any way I could get my account back to admin? (Without resseting my PC?) And, what is the hidden Administrator account password?...
  9. My admin account changed to guest! WTH!!

in Windows 10 Customization
    My admin account changed to guest! WTH!!: Hi guys, need some help I haven't been able to find anything useful in the forums thus far. I was making some changed in my admin account (I'm the only user) so I didn't have to enter a password after every login and after some changes found my account to have been converted...
  10. User Account changed from Admin to Guest

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User Account changed from Admin to Guest: Dear people of the Tenforums, I could use your advice. On Saturday I decided to give new Windows 10 (it picked Home Edition by itself) a try. Previous version was Windows 7. After a flawless install I have seen that something on my C: partition is using a lot of...