Windows 10: Changed password now can't receive emails

Discus and support Changed password now can't receive emails in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, I recently received several requests to approve access to microsoft through Authenticator, but it wasn't me. So, I changed my password. Now, I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by PPH_2020, Mar 3, 2020.

1. PPH_2020 Win User

Changed password now can't receive emails

Hi,

I recently received several requests to approve access to microsoft through Authenticator, but it wasn't me. So, I changed my password. Now, I can send emails from my hotmail account, but I can't receive any emails. I tried using several sources gmail and other hotmail accounts as well as mobile and web. Can anyone help me?

Thanks!

:)

PPH_2020, Mar 3, 2020
  2. 7.62 Win User

Email clients not remembering passwords

Hi all

A friends computer will not remember his gmail password. He used to use outlook, and seeing that I use thunderbird and it would be easier to troubleshoot I installed that for him. Now that was working for a few weeks, and now the same problem is occuring.

We are 100% sure the password is correct, as we can access the email account through webmail, but the local clients will not remember the correct password. Of course the 'Remember password' button is checked, but still no good.

It returns with incorrect password.

Any suggestions?

7.62, Mar 3, 2020
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, Mar 3, 2020
  4. Changed password now can't receive emails

Unauthorized Emails from my account?

1. Change your password.
    2. Change to Gmail.

TheMailMan78, Mar 3, 2020
Thema:

Changed password now can't receive emails

1. Changed password now can't receive emails - Similar Threads - Changed password can't

2. Can't receive emails

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't receive emails: I am not able to receive emails. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-receive-emails/3de89661-5f85-43e4-b3ae-f737a5c3be54
  3. Can't receive emails

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't receive emails: I am not able to receive emails. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-receive-emails/3de89661-5f85-43e4-b3ae-f737a5c3be54
  4. Changed primary email, now can't receive verification codes and have lost access to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changed primary email, now can't receive verification codes and have lost access to...: As above. My work email address changed, so I:Logged into my MS account,Added my correct email addressMade it primaryThen removed the old email addressNow, whenever I try to log in, I get asked for an email verification code. This never arrives. It feels like the primary...
  5. Changed primary email, now can't receive verification codes and have lost access to...

Changed primary email, now can't receive verification codes and have lost access to...: As above. My work email address changed, so I:Logged into my MS account,Added my correct email addressMade it primaryThen removed the old email addressNow, whenever I try to log in, I get asked for an email verification code. This never arrives. It feels like the primary...
  6. Can't receive emails

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't receive emails: I realized that I haven't been receiving emails for the past month, nothing in my inbox and spam/junk folders. I tried sending myself an email but it says "Please make sure that you have added at least one valid email and try again." I believe my email is still valid as I'm...
  7. Can't receive emails

Can't receive emails: I realized that I haven't been receiving emails for the past month, nothing in my inbox and spam/junk folders. I tried sending myself an email but it says "Please make sure that you have added at least one valid email and try again." I believe my email is still valid as I'm...
  8. Can't receive or send emails

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't receive or send emails: Ever since an "Update" on August 7, 2020, I cannot receive or send emails on my Windows 10 computer with Windows Live Email. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-receive-or-send-emails/b785d8d0-8379-4d7c-908f-4e3b8832b64a
  9. Can't Receive Emails in Outlook

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't Receive Emails in Outlook: Yesterday I noticed that I was able to receive emails in Outlook but they will not send. I went into my webmail account and was able to send emails from there - even to myself. When I try to send them from Outlook I receive the following error message: Task *** Email...
  10. Can't change email password

in Browsers and Email
    Can't change email password: Windows 10 automatically attempted to sync my email information when I initially setup my computer. The problem is that is has an incorrect password (I have no idea what it is or where it came from). I've changed the password every way I can think of, I've deleted the account...