Windows 10: Changed password on microsoft account, but Remote Desktop not accepting ANY password

Discus and support Changed password on microsoft account, but Remote Desktop not accepting ANY password in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So I have multiple devices on the same microsoft account. Because of the location of my media server, I usually log in to it via Remote Desktop from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Wotmate, Jan 1, 2019.

1. Wotmate Win User

Changed password on microsoft account, but Remote Desktop not accepting ANY password

So I have multiple devices on the same microsoft account. Because of the location of my media server, I usually log in to it via Remote Desktop from my main PC.

Since changing the password on my microsoft account, and going through the 5 devices that use the same account and putting the new password in, the media server doesn't accept the new password via Remote Desktop. Or the old one. I've searched multiple fixes, and nothing seems to work, and I'm now considering a format and re-install.

Are there any fixes for this?

Both of the PC's (media server and main PC) and my surface go are running full windows 10 pro (no S mode). This has been working flawlessly since I set it up a year ago, and it is only the password change that has caused problems.

:)

Wotmate, Jan 1, 2019

2. Remote Desktop

Okay guys need some help here before going crazy...
    I am trying to setup a remote desktop connection and see exactly what the logged on user is looking at with out going through Windows Remote Desktop.

Since its local network I don't have any password or want to setup a password.

Any suggestions are appreciated

kikicoco1334, Jan 1, 2019
  3. DarlaLake Win User
    changing remote desktop password

Hello,

I am trying to change my password for the remote desktop. When I click connect and put in the initial password a box comes up and indicates that I need to change my password before the desktop opens. My question is where do I change the password?

DarlaLake, Jan 1, 2019
  4. P4-630 Win User

Changed password on microsoft account, but Remote Desktop not accepting ANY password

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Jan 1, 2019
Thema:

1. Changed password on microsoft account, but Remote Desktop not accepting ANY password - Similar Threads - Changed password microsoft

2. Change Password: Password not accepted???

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change Password: Password not accepted???: Hail all:Safety is a thing, rite?So, I wanted to slightly update my password.Not too hard, right?Figured, I get me a somewhat safe password, like, oh, I dunno, maybe something like,...
  3. Change Password: Password not accepted???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change Password: Password not accepted???: Hail all:Safety is a thing, rite?So, I wanted to slightly update my password.Not too hard, right?Figured, I get me a somewhat safe password, like, oh, I dunno, maybe something like,...
  4. Microsoft Account password is never accepted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Account password is never accepted: I have a problem with my Microsoft account: The correct password is never recognized. The Windows operating system keeps telling me that there is a problem with my Microsoft Account. When I go to Settings, and click “Fix”, it asks me to log-in to my Microsoft account. When...
  5. Microsoft Account password is never accepted

Microsoft Account password is never accepted: I have a problem with my Microsoft account: The correct password is never recognized. The Windows operating system keeps telling me that there is a problem with my Microsoft Account. When I go to Settings, and click “Fix”, it asks me to log-in to my Microsoft account. When...
  6. Microsoft Account password is never accepted

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Remote-Desktop via Microsoft-Account with no password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote-Desktop via Microsoft-Account with no password: Hey guys,I'm just trying to use the "passwordless account"-feature of my Microsoft account, but when I tried to use RDP it seems not to work yet. I'm logged in with my Microsoft-account on both devices Windows 11 Pro but RDP is asking for a password instead of triggering to...
  8. Remote-Desktop via Microsoft-Account with no password

Remote-Desktop via Microsoft-Account with no password: Hey guys,I'm just trying to use the "passwordless account"-feature of my Microsoft account, but when I tried to use RDP it seems not to work yet. I'm logged in with my Microsoft-account on both devices Windows 11 Pro but RDP is asking for a password instead of triggering to...
  9. Microsoft Account not accepting password/Not syncing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Account not accepting password/Not syncing: I first got this problem after installing a game from the xbox app, loading it, and then seeing that it can't connect to my xbox account. Since this was strange, I tried logging into my microsoft account from the xbox app itself, which then gave me an error. The most...
  10. Microsoft password change does not sync to remote desktops

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft password change does not sync to remote desktops: When I change my Microsoft password it takes effect immediately on my local desktop, however I can still log in using remote desktop to other PCs using my old password. I have seen posts about remotely running cmd as a local admin user but a this does not solve the problem...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. changed password on Microsoft but it is not accepting it

2. microsoft remote desktop app not accepting password

3. microsoft account password changed remote desktop