Windows 10: Changed password on Windows 10 computer and now it says my password is invalid

Discus and support Changed password on Windows 10 computer and now it says my password is invalid in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Changed password on Windows 10 HP computer and now it says my password is invalid... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Wayne&&, Feb 14, 2020.

1. Wayne&& Win User

Changed password on Windows 10 computer and now it says my password is invalid

Changed password on Windows 10 HP computer and now it says my password is invalid

:)

Wayne&&, Feb 14, 2020

2. Forgot Windows 10 password...

If it's a Microsoft account, you should be able to change the password via another computer at live.com and the password should also change to match on the computer (obviously make sure it has internet access first). The password is verified online during login.

FordGT90Concept, Feb 14, 2020
  3. P4-630 Win User
    How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Feb 14, 2020
  4. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Feb 14, 2020
Thema:

1. Changed password on Windows 10 computer and now it says my password is invalid - Similar Threads - Changed password computer

2. Windows 10 Says Password is Incorrect

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 Says Password is Incorrect: My computer was dead for a couple days because of charging problems that I have since fixed. While it was dead, I changed the username on my account. Then, when it started charging it immediately updated. Since then, I have been unable to sign in. No matter what password...
  3. My Windows 10 laptop says my password is wrong but I'm entering the correct password

My Windows 10 laptop says my password is wrong but I'm entering the correct password: My Windows 10 laptop is telling me I'm entering the wrong password when I'm definitely entering the right password. I used it a day or two ago (although it was noticably - exceptionally - slower than normal) and left it in sleep mode. When it woke up I accidentally tried...
  4. Is there a current 'FIX' for my computer suddenly saying my Windows 10 password is wrong?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Is there a current 'FIX' for my computer suddenly saying my Windows 10 password is wrong?: I've done all the logical 'what ifs' - cap locks, num lock etc. and my password works on my other computer so I know it's correct. All the help I've found is from years ago! This computer was updated to Windows 10 at least a year ago and has been fine until now! Please...
  5. I signed into my Microsoft account and now the password on my computer changed

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I signed into my Microsoft account and now the password on my computer changed: I was signed in beforehand, however, my computer was refusing to recognise my name change. So, I signed out and logged back in, and now the password for my computer is the password for my Microsoft account. I don't like this and want to change the password without changing...
  6. windows saying my password is wrong

windows saying my password is wrong: hi i started my computer today and when the sign on screen comes up and i enter my password it says password is wrong, ive had the same password for a year and dont know how to get past the sign on screen, i tried to do a restore but when i get to the account information is...
  7. Windows says my password is wrong

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows says my password is wrong: I normally sign into windows 10 on my computer using a local account. I have been using the same password for years so I know that the password is correct. Last night I wanted to download and install a desktop theme and my computer asked me to login to my Microsoft live...
  8. Invalid password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Invalid password: Hi everyone, When my computer starts it's kind of slow. So i opened system configuration and services. And i did disabled all. Then I restored the pc guess what, my correct password did not work. And my account is not Microsoft account. Please help me! 88146
  9. Remote Desktop saying Invalid Username or Password

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote Desktop saying Invalid Username or Password: Just started out of the blue this morning. I can remote desktop to the same machine with any other PC an use the very same usernames and passwords. But on the Windows 10 machine it rejects them all. I was looking for a way to clear all history and login files but can only...
  10. Invalid Password

in Windows 10 Support
    Invalid Password: I apologize because this is a long-distance, 2nd party, problem. My daughter, a software professional for over 30 years (as am I, having been everything from a coder to a systems architect since the '60s) called last night and is at the point of smashing her new Dell....