Windows 10: Changed password online now windows logon doesn't recognise it

Discus and support Changed password online now windows logon doesn't recognise it in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, I log in to my surface using face ID which is great, but I now need to know my password to update some settings (I can still log in using face ID,... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Aalps, Jul 9, 2019.

1. Aalps Win User

Changed password online now windows logon doesn't recognise it

Hi, I log in to my surface using face ID which is great, but I now need to know my password to update some settings (I can still log in using face ID, that is not a problem). It has been a while and I couldn't remember the password so I reset it at Microsoft online, no problem (this worked obviously as I am posting this message).

The problem is my surface doesn't recognise the new password to log in or change settings. I have tried logging out and back in again, turning the surface off and restarting, the internet connection is permanently on but it still doesn't recognise the new password. I am stuck now unable to change my settings even though I have the password! Any suggestions what to try?

:)

Aalps, Jul 9, 2019
  2. RobGaal Win User

Upgrade to windows 10. Current password doesn t work

Current password doesn t work incorrect. Reset password requirs some usb stick which is not in my posession. Any ideas ? Try to access microsoft account but non of my email adress is recognised so cannot try this option.

RobGaal, Jul 9, 2019
  3. BetoLP Win User
    Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Changed password online now windows logon doesn't recognise it [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Jul 9, 2019
  4. Ngavmot Win User

Cant change windows Logon password

Sorry this is not helping me

I dont want to change my Microsoft account

I want to change my Logon Password

I have fallowed the steps and all i did was sign out and sign in again

I dont Understand this

also I dont want to use my Microsoft account password for my log in password

I think there is no Solution for me

I will Just stay with this Password

Ngavmot, Jul 9, 2019
Thema:

1. Changed password online now windows logon doesn't recognise it - Similar Threads - Changed password online

2. Changing the microsoft account password doesn't change the windows login password?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Changing the microsoft account password doesn't change the windows login password?: Hi, Here is the case, I use RD Client all the time and accidentally I signed in using a someone else's computer yesterday and I strongly believe that I stored my credentials to connect to my computer. But today I wanted to change the account password so what I went...
  3. Changing windows 10 password - current password not recognised

Changing windows 10 password - current password not recognised: At the moment I cannot change my Windows 10 password because when entered in the 'Settings' box for changing it is stated to be 'incorrect'. Yet i can open up my computer using this password. Help would be much appreciated - I am 75 years old . And not particularly tech...
  4. Windows 10 logon password

Windows 10 logon password: How do I change the logon password for logging on to my Windows 10 computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-logon-password/5026193f-f557-4354-ae34-0b4a8daf97a9"
  5. device doesn't recognise Microsoft account password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    device doesn't recognise Microsoft account password: Hello! My Windows 10 laptop, which is linked to my Microsoft account, stopped recognising my password. I tried resetting password but it did not help. What steps should I take to sign in?...
  6. Logon password issue

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Logon password issue: I have windows 10 pro on my pc, it is not on a domain, and logon password is done via the PC its self, The login is not connected to a Microsoft account. There is only one login account on the PC. The problem is this, I reboot my PC, the login window comes up, I login no...
  7. Logon password issue

Logon password issue: I have windows 10 pro on my pc, it is not on a domain, and logon password is done via the PC its self, The login is not connected to a Microsoft account. There is only one login account on the PC. The problem is this, I reboot my PC, the login window comes up, I login no...
  8. Error in changing password. Doesn't Password Policy Requirement

Error in changing password. Doesn't Password Policy Requirement: Hi, I am having problems changing the password of the local administrator in Windows 10 Home. Before, I can use a simple password without any complexity. I noticed the changes the first time I used Microsoft Outlook and added my email in the company I am working with....
  9. Cant change windows Logon password

Cant change windows Logon password: Good Day ladies and gentlemen I have been Happy with windows 10 But I would Like to change my window Logon password through the user account it wont let me Any Advice Thank you 56738
  10. windows 10 update changed my logon password

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows 10 update changed my logon password: windows 10 did an automatic update last night. When I booted up this morning, my pc would not recognize my password. tried login.live.com. to no avail. What is going on? 64499