Windows 10: Changed password online now windows logon doesn't recognise it

Discus and support Changed password online now windows logon doesn't recognise it in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, I log in to my surface using face ID which is great, but I now need to know my password to update some settings (I can still log in using face ID,... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Aalps, Jul 9, 2019.

1. Aalps Win User

Changed password online now windows logon doesn't recognise it

Hi, I log in to my surface using face ID which is great, but I now need to know my password to update some settings (I can still log in using face ID, that is not a problem). It has been a while and I couldn't remember the password so I reset it at Microsoft online, no problem (this worked obviously as I am posting this message).

The problem is my surface doesn't recognise the new password to log in or change settings. I have tried logging out and back in again, turning the surface off and restarting, the internet connection is permanently on but it still doesn't recognise the new password. I am stuck now unable to change my settings even though I have the password! Any suggestions what to try?

:)

Aalps, Jul 9, 2019
  2. RobGaal Win User

Upgrade to windows 10. Current password doesn t work

Current password doesn t work incorrect. Reset password requirs some usb stick which is not in my posession. Any ideas ? Try to access microsoft account but non of my email adress is recognised so cannot try this option.

RobGaal, Jul 9, 2019
  3. BetoLP Win User
    Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Changed password online now windows logon doesn't recognise it [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Jul 9, 2019
  4. Ngavmot Win User

Cant change windows Logon password

Sorry this is not helping me

I dont want to change my Microsoft account

I want to change my Logon Password

I have fallowed the steps and all i did was sign out and sign in again

I dont Understand this

also I dont want to use my Microsoft account password for my log in password

I think there is no Solution for me

I will Just stay with this Password

Ngavmot, Jul 9, 2019
Thema:

1. Changed password online now windows logon doesn't recognise it - Similar Threads - Changed password online

2. Windows 10 doesn't recognise my password only my PIN and doesn't let me change the way of...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 doesn't recognise my password only my PIN and doesn't let me change the way of...: Hey there, I've been having this very frustrating issue of me having to use my PIN to sign-in because my password doesn't work. I can use the password to sign onto my Microsoft account online but as soon as I want to sign onto my device it doesn't recognise it; thus me...
  3. Windows logon password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows logon password: I made sure the require password box was unchecked at netplwiz. Every time I reboot or start up the lock screen say's "the user name or password is incorrect, try again". When I hit enter the sign-in screen appears asking for the PIN. On the lower left there are two options...
  4. Booted into safe mode, but now win10 login screen doesn't recognise passwords (No internet)...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Booted into safe mode, but now win10 login screen doesn't recognise passwords (No internet)...: Been stuck in a safe boot loop since last night after tweaking msconfig to boot into safe mode for uninstalling GPU drivers w DDU. Now it's asking for my Microsoft "password", but won't recognise it, despite how many times i change it, and can't go back to pin login or even...
  5. Windows password doesn't change

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows password doesn't change: So I changed my Win10 password: Settings>Accounts>Sign-In options>Password>Change. It still takes my old password when logging into Windows though (and the new one doesn't work). Does anyone know what I have done wrong? submitted by /u/S4NKT3G [link] [comments]...
  6. windows logon password

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows logon password: I set my windows to not ask for password by using netplwiz command suddenly how come my pc asked for password at startup I have not changed anything https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-logon-password/2f1270ed-892f-4adb-8cfb-14170731817f
  7. Changing windows 10 password - current password not recognised

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Changing windows 10 password - current password not recognised: At the moment I cannot change my Windows 10 password because when entered in the 'Settings' box for changing it is stated to be 'incorrect'. Yet i can open up my computer using this password. Help would be much appreciated - I am 75 years old . And not particularly tech...
  8. device doesn't recognise Microsoft account password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    device doesn't recognise Microsoft account password: Hello! My Windows 10 laptop, which is linked to my Microsoft account, stopped recognising my password. I tried resetting password but it did not help. What steps should I take to sign in?...
  9. Cant change windows Logon password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cant change windows Logon password: Good Day ladies and gentlemen I have been Happy with windows 10 But I would Like to change my window Logon password through the user account it wont let me Any Advice Thank you 56738
  10. windows 10 update changed my logon password

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows 10 update changed my logon password: windows 10 did an automatic update last night. When I booted up this morning, my pc would not recognize my password. tried login.live.com. to no avail. What is going on? 64499