Windows 10: Changed PC

Discus and support Changed PC in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi there, I have just rebuilt my PC, changed everything, my digital license is attached to my account however Windows will not activate on my new PC.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by RobBarbour1, Jul 6, 2019.

1. Changed PC

Hi there, I have just rebuilt my PC, changed everything, my digital license is attached to my account however Windows will not activate on my new PC. Can any help be offered?

Thanks in advance,

Rob

:)

RobBarbour1, Jul 6, 2019

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jul 6, 2019
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jul 6, 2019
  4. Changed PC

PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Jul 6, 2019
Thema:

Changed PC

1. Changed PC - Similar Threads - Changed

2. Change keyboard language everytime logging in to Microsoft Remote Desktop Client

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change keyboard language everytime logging in to Microsoft Remote Desktop Client: Regarding the Microsoft Remote Desktop App from the Microsoft store. In order to be able to get my keyboard working correctly on the server I'm connecting to via the Microsoft Remote Desktop app I must set the language setting on the Client (running Microsoft Remote Dektop)...
  3. Changing back my signin option to a password on windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Changing back my signin option to a password on windows 10: So basically I had read the reply you had given to someone when they asked the same question but you had given them the option to remove the PIN which I do not have. Is there any other way I can change back to that without removing the PIN?...
  4. Can't change brightness on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't change brightness on Windows 10: I have had this dell laptop for about a year and an a half, I don't use it a whole lot but lately have had to. I can't seem to be able to change the brightness on it no matter how many updates I make. I have already tried updating both my display drivers, but they can never...
  5. Apps can't make changes to my device

Apps can't make changes to my device: I'm not entirely sure what happened, but I now have no access/ capability to allow apps to make changes on my windows 10 laptop. This means I can't download any new software because every time I try to, I'm prompted to allow the app access, which I can no longer do with no...
  6. Cursor stuck on arrow and will not change shape

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cursor stuck on arrow and will not change shape: Running windows 10 and office 2016, this morning the mouse decided to be stuck on the arrow shape and will not change shape when you're in office (esp excel when you need the cross hair or line) or even hovering over the internet bar, is stays as an arrow - I've done driver...
  7. My printer is not printing properly after changing ink toner

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My printer is not printing properly after changing ink toner: My printer is not printing properly after changing ink toner. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer/f8035551-a2e6-46f2-830f-09bc38d47940
  8. Lock Screen photo won't change

Lock Screen photo won't change: Just got a new Samsung laptop with Windows 10. The lock screen photo will not change to one of my photos. After browsing for & choosing the photo it just spins & spins. Tried a large file, tried a small file, tried a different photo. It won't change....
  9. Desktop Background Randomly changing

Desktop Background Randomly changing: My Desktop Background keeps changing from the Wallpapers file I choose to a desktop background where it only shows a few of my pictures. All of your previous answers were for older systems and it seems over 50 people have asked similar question. Can we provide a step by...
  10. Change type of view in Notepad

Change type of view in Notepad: How do I change the type from cascading to something I can actually use ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-type-of-view-in-notepad/2d2d0b45-2088-49a2-ad31-cd35b023ec84