Windows 10: Changed registry settings, need advice

Discus and support Changed registry settings, need advice in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Split from this thread. Hi Davem121, I know this may not be the place to ask a question I am new here. I changed some registry settings and was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Stevepok, Mar 12, 2020.

1. Stevepok Win User

Changed registry settings, need advice

Stevepok, Mar 12, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User

Changes made in Registry, Services or Settings not saving

Hi, suggestions:
    1. Disable Fast startup.
    How do I enable or disable fast startup?

• Type Control Panel in the search box.
    • Click Control Panel.
    • Click Power Options.
    • Click Choose what the power buttons do.
    • Click Change settings that are currently unavailable.
    • Scroll down to Shutdown settings and uncheck Turn on fast startup.
    • Click Save changes.

2. There have been cases where an old version 3rd party program has caused settings to revert on rebooting. E.g. winzip, albeit when setting file type association defaults.
    3. Registry permissions problems.
    You could try Tweaking.com's free cautious repair tool, selecting only the relevant registry permissions repair.

You might also compare results when working in Safe Mode.

For more: Google search
    registry change revert on reboot
    gives many results.

dalchina, Mar 12, 2020
  3. Jerry8A Win User
    Recent (Save Files) - Change Default Settings to OneDrive

Hello -
    Thanks for the return. Before I undertake changing the Registry, I have a question.
    The steps in my Registry, for my version of Windows 10, were a bit different, but I think I eventually got to the right spot.
    The last step is to change the number of places you want to list in Recent Places. In my case, the default Max Display listed 50 as the number. So, if I were to change that number, how do I know the Save As page will be one of those places? Or, a similar question, will this registry change delete the tab Recent from my Save As page? This is what I would like to happen.
    When I received my computer in Nov. 2016, the Recent tab was not listed in the Save As page. Something caused it to be added over time. Which brings me to this second question. Would there be any benefit in deleting the changed registry listing and reverting back to the default listing? See attachment.
    Jerry

Jerry8A, Mar 12, 2020
  4. Changed registry settings, need advice

changing battery settings within windows (registry settings)

Hi Alex,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

It is unfortunate that you are facing this issue. I will be glad to assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Hardware Troubleshoot.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with power. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Power.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Power troubleshooter.
    Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Mar 12, 2020
Thema:

Changed registry settings, need advice

1. Changed registry settings, need advice - Similar Threads - Changed registry settings

2. Need urgent advice,.?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Need urgent advice,.?: Just open My PC with wins 10 _ and on the lowerright corner, where appears the "Notifications" Show this..I'm referring to the last icon. Which is the copilot icon.. when I hovered the mouse on it. Say - Copilot Preview never showed before. on the notifications area. Do am I...
  3. Need urgent advice,.?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need urgent advice,.?: Just open My PC with wins 10 _ and on the lowerright corner, where appears the "Notifications" Show this..I'm referring to the last icon. Which is the copilot icon.. when I hovered the mouse on it. Say - Copilot Preview never showed before. on the notifications area. Do am I...
  4. Purchase Advice Needed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Purchase Advice Needed: I was so disheartened when my computer was seriously corrupted during a Windows 10 update. With the help I received here everything is okay now.But my laptop is ten years old Windows 8 to Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 and should be retired.Would an S-Mode offer more protection...
  5. Advice Needed on Display Settings

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Advice Needed on Display Settings: I got my first 4k monitor and have never had a monitor above 2.5k in the past. Windows 10 automatically set the display scale to 200% after recognizing the new 4k monitor which I get because text is too small to be legible without scaling. However, I bought the new monitor...
  6. Advice Needed on Display Settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Advice Needed on Display Settings: I got my first 4k monitor and have never had a monitor above 2.5k in the past. Windows 10 automatically set the display scale to 200% after recognizing the new 4k monitor which I get because text is too small to be legible without scaling. However, I bought the new monitor...
  7. Need networking advice

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Need networking advice: I am trying to transfer files from my laptop (Windows 10 x64, ver 1909) to my desktop (Win 10 x64 ver 20H2. I have a lot of options, but can't seem to get any to work: 1) Google Drive--I appear to have two Google Drives, one talking to my phone and laptop, the other to my...
  8. need to change registry settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    need to change registry settings: I can't set my network as metered connection. I wanna know how to set registry I am using fresh install of Windows 10 pro. I wanna know from step 1. Sorry for wrong English....
  9. Need advice on a setting in Local Secuirty Policy and....

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Need advice on a setting in Local Secuirty Policy and....: In the Local Security Policy on Windows 10 Pro Anniversary version 1607 there are 2 settings that I was wondering if I could adjust so there no way someone could access my computer remotely. It's under Security Settings then Local Policies, and then Security Options. The...
  10. Help and or advice needed

in Windows 10 Support
    Help and or advice needed: I am running Windows 10. I currently attach a hdmi cable from laptop to tv. Is it possible to stream one thing from laptop onto tv screen and simultaneously surf the net using laptop monitor? Thanks 39170