Windows 10: Changed system and user registry permissions in internet explorer and registry app and now...

Discus and support Changed system and user registry permissions in internet explorer and registry app and now... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I Changed system and user registry permissions in internet explorer and registry app and now can’t use any feature to access drives or commands. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by brent.nichols, May 30, 2020.

1. Changed system and user registry permissions in internet explorer and registry app and now...

I Changed system and user registry permissions in internet explorer and registry app and now can’t use any feature to access drives or commands. I have tried the search bar at the bottom and run commands and it gives error of not having access or has been deleted. Please help.

:)

brent.nichols, May 30, 2020
  2. Frogger Win User

Modded Registry. Want Old Back....

did you try this

To restore the registry
    Open Registry Editor.
    Click Options, and then click Print to print these instructions. (If you are using the Help and Support Center, click Print above the topic area.) They will not be available after you shut down your computer in step 2.
    Click Start, and then click Shut Down.
    In the list, click Restart, and then click OK.
    When you see the message Please select the operating system to start, press F8.
    Use the arrow keys to highlight Last Known Good Configuration, and then press ENTER.
    NUM LOCK must be off before the arrow keys on the numeric keypad will function.

Use the arrow keys to highlight an operating system, and then press ENTER.
    Caution

Incorrectly editing the registry may severely damage your system. Before making changes to the registry, you should back up any valued data on your computer.
    Notes

To open Registry Editor, click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
    Choosing Last Known Good Configuration provides a way to recover from problems such as a newly added driver that may be incorrect for your hardware. It does not solve problems caused by corrupted or missing drivers or files.
    When you choose Last Known Good Configuration, Windows restores information in registry key HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet only. Any changes you have made in other registry keys remain.

Frogger, May 30, 2020
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Any way to edit the registry without loading Windows?

You will need to find a way to grant yourself permissions for full control of that hive/key.
    Just as the "Trusted Installer" has.
    You may have to log on as admin to do this.

Grant Read Write (Full Control) Permissions on Registry Keys (Fix Cannot Import and Access Denied Error in RegEdit)
    How to change Registry Permissions with RegIni.exe (VBScript)

And, a search to start you on your quest.

I did it a long time ago, to get rid of & edit some hives, keys, etc.
    Goodluck.*Smile Changed system and user registry permissions in internet explorer and registry app and now... :)

95Viper, May 30, 2020
  4. Quitch Win User

Changed system and user registry permissions in internet explorer and registry app and now...

Startup from registry - erroring for users

I want ATI Tool to load on startup so that it can apply its settings as and when apps change. The problem is, ATI Tool is trying to do this with the permissions of the logged in user, and like any security conscious individual, I don't run under an admin account for gaming.

Are there any plans to rectify this through use of a service? I believe RadLinker could successfully change the card clock without admin permissions, though I understand why you'd want to lock down the user from doing anything through the program itself (and it's entirely possible to seperate the two).

Basically, are steps going to be taken in the future away from the assumption that everyone runs as an admin?

Quitch, May 30, 2020
Thema:

Changed system and user registry permissions in internet explorer and registry app and now...

1. Changed system and user registry permissions in internet explorer and registry app and now... - Similar Threads - Changed system user

2. Unable to Change Permission to Full Control on Registry Keys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Change Permission to Full Control on Registry Keys: I need to edit a registry key but before I do so, I need to be granted full control of the key. I am getting an error message when I try to do this. I am already listed as the owner of the key. I have tried changing both my administrator account as well as my use account to...
  3. Unable to Change Permission to Full Control on Registry Keys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to Change Permission to Full Control on Registry Keys: I need to edit a registry key but before I do so, I need to be granted full control of the key. I am getting an error message when I try to do this. I am already listed as the owner of the key. I have tried changing both my administrator account as well as my use account to...
  4. check the permission of a registry key

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    check the permission of a registry key: how to view the permissions of a registry key using CMD ? submitted by /u/oneto221 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lwv51c/check_the_permission_of_a_registry_key/
  5. Fixing permissions, how to change evaluation order in registry?

in Windows 10 Support
    Fixing permissions, how to change evaluation order in registry?: So ive gotten permissions set back to how they were on a particular key - the problem ive run up against is the fact theyre in about the opposite order they need to be now. is there a means of sorting them properly top to bottom without having to add back each one by one?...
  6. Registry permissions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Registry permissions: I edited registry HKEY_CURRENT _CONFIG permission but then it deleted all users automatically except the one i created recently. Now i can't access anything i tried to restart computer and reset it from advanced optionshift + restart but after 50 - 60 % it comes back to...
  7. Registry users don't give me permission to open any app

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Registry users don't give me permission to open any app: I edited registry HKEY_CURRENT _CONFIG permission but then it deleted all users automatically except the one i created recently. Now i can't access anything i tried to restart computer and reset it from advanced optionshift + restart but after 50 - 60 % it comes back to...
  8. Change registry values of user shell folders: Some folders are missing in registry...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Change registry values of user shell folders: Some folders are missing in registry...: I'm looking to change the directory paths of User Shell Folders ex: documents, favorites. I know I can do this easily by right clicking and going to properties. But I'd like to automate this process. I found that there are registry values to each that can be modified:...
  9. Recording changes to registry, system and programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recording changes to registry, system and programs: I'm trying to find a way or program to record changes any program installation make to system, registry and folders/files created or changed at that time. Reason: Just some examples for wanting that. I installed games WoT and WoW but after that had to Reset windows to...
  10. Registry PERMISSION changes don't persist across boots. No internet.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Registry PERMISSION changes don't persist across boots. No internet.: I reset my Windows 10 system using the built-in method. Everything ran fine, the 4GB update went fine, I installed some software... then the next time I went to start it up, I got "no internet connection" over WiFi. In order to run the netsh commands to get it back, I have...