Windows 10: Changed the location of Videos folder and mapped the folder to my user folder.

Discus and support Changed the location of Videos folder and mapped the folder to my user folder. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Greetings, i accidentaly changed the location of my Videos folder and mapped it to C:\Users\MyUserName. This changed the content of the C:\Users... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ΚώσταςΝτόλκος, Feb 11, 2020.

1. Changed the location of Videos folder and mapped the folder to my user folder.

Greetings, i accidentaly changed the location of my Videos folder and mapped it to C:\Users\MyUserName.

This changed the content of the C:\Users folder instead of my username to "Videos" and "Shared" folders.

Inside the folder "Videos" that was an empty folder i see my Desktop, Favorites, Search, my Contacts and everything that supposed to be included in my user's file.

Though when i press properties to any object inside the Videos folder it seems ok, that it exists in C:\Users\MyUserName. That's why the system still works and i can enter the user properly.

I tried this solution https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/2936105/operation-to-change-a-personal-folder-location-fails-in-windows but it didn't work.

The folder cannot be moved back to it's default location, or in another partition, or somewhere else in or out of the folder "users" even when i choose not to move it's contents.

I am looking forward for your reply.

:)

ΚώσταςΝτόλκος, Feb 11, 2020
  2. Nicrite Win User

Vista Ultimate - 'User' Folder Location

No tried that.

Can copy the entire folder to D; but Windows still points to C as the location. Can change personal folders location to a folder on D;, but this still leaves hidden files etc on C;. Thus meaning there are 2 Users folders. Have managed to change the Public folder location to D;, with some registry tweaks, but this doesnt seem to work for the entire folder.

any more suggestions

Nicrite, Feb 11, 2020
  3. Changed Video Personal Folder to User Folder Location cannot move back

Sorry I am not sure how this helps?

The problem I have is outlined in the article above: Assume that you changed the location of a personal folder in Windows, such as Documents or Downloads, and mapped the folder to another personal folder. When you try
    to change the location of the folder again, the operation fails.

Only with the difference that I did not use a personal folder but the parent folder (the user profile folder). Updating the registry like suggested in the article did not fix the issue the Video personal folder is still
    mapped with the user profile folder.

MichaelBrunner, Feb 11, 2020
  4. silkstone Win User

Changed the location of Videos folder and mapped the folder to my user folder.

Disappearing folder

I've encountered a strange problem in windows 10 where I tried to delete a file in a folder, but ended up deleting the whole directory. It did so without the usual pop-up to confirm delete or say it was too big for the recycle bin. It was my Videos folder, so pretty big, but the disk allocation has also remained the same.

I've always had a problem with 'double icons' for the different user folders, including videos, and so I'm thinking it could have something to do with the whole thing, especially as now one of the two video folders has disappeared from the users folders.

The first thing i tried was 'Undo delete', but it just bought the folder back with non of the contents. Then, I went straight to Recuva, but it came up blank (there must have been over 50 videos in the folder)

I'm at a little bit of a loss as where to start looking for this disappeared folder and was hoping someone might have some suggestions?

Screenshots below:

Changed the location of Videos folder and mapped the folder to my user folder. upload_2017-4-1_22-11-14-png.png

silkstone, Feb 11, 2020
Thema:

Changed the location of Videos folder and mapped the folder to my user folder.

1. Changed the location of Videos folder and mapped the folder to my user folder. - Similar Threads - Changed location Videos

2. Changing folder location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing folder location: Can I change the location of folders that I have made up in the default videos program to a drive that I have also made from a simple volume?Kenneth https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-folder-location/7c53fd1a-117d-4841-92ec-e3c8272430a7
  3. Changing folder location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing folder location: Can I change the location of folders that I have made up in the default videos program to a drive that I have also made from a simple volume?Kenneth https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-folder-location/7c53fd1a-117d-4841-92ec-e3c8272430a7
  4. Trying to change the location of Users folder or my personal user folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Trying to change the location of Users folder or my personal user folder: I am having an issue which is: by default, the user file location should be: C:\Users\<username>, but mine is C:\Users\Users\<username>.It's very annoying and I really want to fix it by moving the user folder or Users folder....
  5. Trying to change the location of Users folder or my personal user folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to change the location of Users folder or my personal user folder: I am having an issue which is: by default, the user file location should be: C:\Users\<username>, but mine is C:\Users\Users\<username>.It's very annoying and I really want to fix it by moving the user folder or Users folder....
  6. Trying to change the location of Users folder or my personal user folder

7. Changed the Video Folder Location to My User Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changed the Video Folder Location to My User Folder: Hi, I made a stupid mistake and changed the location of my Videos folder and mapped it to C:\Users\MyUserName. This changed the content of the C:\Users folder instead of my username to "Videos". Inside the folder "Videos" that was an empty folder i see my Desktop, Favorites,...
  8. Changed the Video Folder Location to My User Folder

Changed the Video Folder Location to My User Folder: Hi, I made a stupid mistake and changed the location of my Videos folder and mapped it to C:\Users\MyUserName. This changed the content of the C:\Users folder instead of my username to "Videos". Inside the folder "Videos" that was an empty folder i see my Desktop, Favorites,...
  9. USER FOLDER NAME CHANGED TO VIDEOS

USER FOLDER NAME CHANGED TO VIDEOS: I really messed up everything today while trying to change game dvr storage location. Now My username folder shows up as video. I have attached the images with the contents of the "videos" folder which has the content of my user folder. Game dvr seems to be storing files...
  10. Unable to change location of user folders

Unable to change location of user folders: To save my space on C drive (containing the OS), I always change the location of the default user folders (Desktop, Documents, Videos, Music, Downloads, Pictures) to a different drive from the Properties->Location tab->Move. I did a mistake in moving the 3D Objects folder, I...