Windows 10: Changed The Username Located In Local Disk C: Users And Can't Go Back.

Discus and support Changed The Username Located In Local Disk C: Users And Can't Go Back. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So, I went and changed it, but that changed everything. My desktop looks different. All the stuff I had on the old user is still there and I can still... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by KellRuse, Sep 23, 2022.

1. KellRuse Win User

Changed The Username Located In Local Disk C: Users And Can't Go Back.

So, I went and changed it, but that changed everything. My desktop looks different. All the stuff I had on the old user is still there and I can still access it but not from the desktop like I used to. I don't like this change and want to go back to how it used to be. Problem is I don't have a System Restore Point to go back to.I've searched everywhere and haven't found a way to fix it and I'm at my wits end. Please help!

:)

KellRuse, Sep 23, 2022
  2. Lando455 Win User

how to change username on pc located in c:/users in windows 11

How to change username on pc located in c:/users in windows 11

I have tried the guide which was made for windows 10 but it did not work. I followed the steps correctly and I am using a Microsoft account not a local.

Lando455, Sep 23, 2022
  3. DaleMWebb Win User
    Change properties location of C:\users\username\ to D:\

What happens if I go into the C:\users\username\ folder properties and change the location of the folder to D:\? I have already changed the location of most (all?) the C:\users\username\ subfolders to D:\, but Win11 keeps adding subfolders back to the C:\users\username folder. I'd like, once and for all, to move all the C:\users\username subfolders to D:\. Is that possible/feasible?

Thanks in advance.

DaleMWebb, Sep 23, 2022
  4. Changed The Username Located In Local Disk C: Users And Can't Go Back.

Unable to change default user folders location from OneDrive to local disk.

Hi, I want to change the location of my user folders(Documents, Pictures etc...) from OneDrive to my local disk. It is now currently set to C:\Users\<username>\OneDrive\<user folder> and I want it to be at C:\Users\<username>\<user folder> . I moved my files
    from the OneDrive folder to my corresponding user folders but the default location still points to the OneDrive folder.

Any help is appreciated.

Anant Narayan, Sep 23, 2022
Thema:

Changed The Username Located In Local Disk C: Users And Can't Go Back.

1. Changed The Username Located In Local Disk C: Users And Can't Go Back. - Similar Threads - Changed Username Located

2. Changed The Username Located In Local Disk C: Users And Can't Go Back.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Changed The Username Located In Local Disk C: Users And Can't Go Back.: So, I went and changed it, but that changed everything. My desktop looks different. All the stuff I had on the old user is still there and I can still access it but not from the desktop like I used to. I don't like this change and want to go back to how it used to be. Problem...
  3. Changed The Username Located In Local Disk C: Users And Can't Go Back.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changed The Username Located In Local Disk C: Users And Can't Go Back.: So, I went and changed it, but that changed everything. My desktop looks different. All the stuff I had on the old user is still there and I can still access it but not from the desktop like I used to. I don't like this change and want to go back to how it used to be. Problem...
  4. Change properties location of C:\users\username\ to D:\

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change properties location of C:\users\username\ to D:\: What happens if I go into the C:\users\username\ folder properties and change the location of the folder to D:\? I have already changed the location of most all? the C:\users\username\ subfolders to D:\, but Win11 keeps adding subfolders back to the C:\users\username folder....
  5. Change properties location of C:\users\username\ to D:\

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change properties location of C:\users\username\ to D:\: What happens if I go into the C:\users\username\ folder properties and change the location of the folder to D:\? I have already changed the location of most all? the C:\users\username\ subfolders to D:\, but Win11 keeps adding subfolders back to the C:\users\username folder....
  6. C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\BY-COMBO2

C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\BY-COMBO2: Hi,I recently stumbled over the folder "BY-COMBO2" inside AppData an I am not quite sure where this folder comes from or why it was created. It only contains two DCT files. Searching for it online hasn´t really brought about any awnser. Does anybody here know what is is?...
  7. Changed username but "C:\Users\UserName" is not reflecting change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changed username but "C:\Users\UserName" is not reflecting change: Hello all,I am having an issue where my username is causing errors in other software. The reason is because my username has a space in it, and certain engineering software I use cannot reach files in that folder or any subfolders.To remedy this I changed my username by...
  8. Changed username but "C:\Users\UserName" is not reflecting change

Changed username but "C:\Users\UserName" is not reflecting change: Hello all,I am having an issue where my username is causing errors in other software. The reason is because my username has a space in it, and certain engineering software I use cannot reach files in that folder or any subfolders.To remedy this I changed my username by...
  9. Changed username but "C:\Users\UserName" is not reflecting change

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  10. Changing C:\Users\USERNAME

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing C:\Users\USERNAME: When setting up a computer, you are initially prompted to create a username. Once this name is created, how can it be changed? To be clear, you can change your personal account name (found under Settings>Account>Your Info), but this does not change C:\Users\USERNAME (or...