Windows 10: Changed the visibility properties of AppData folder... some applications stopped working

Discus and support Changed the visibility properties of AppData folder... some applications stopped working in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi everyone! I recently had to work using files in my folder C:\Users\<my_user>\AppData and since I had to open it and close it several times, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Joaquín Romero Prada, Feb 22, 2020.

1. Changed the visibility properties of AppData folder... some applications stopped working

Hi everyone!

I recently had to work using files in my folder C:\Users\<my_user>\AppData and since I had to open it and close it several times, I decided to changed it from "hidden" to "visible". After doing that, some applications stopped working on my device and now I can't get it all work again like before.

I've tried changing it back to hidden, but nothing happend.

I have Windows 10 and my device is a MSI P65 Creator 8SE.

:)

Joaquín Romero Prada, Feb 22, 2020

2. How to access appdata folder

Hi Jaden,

Thank you posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty with the problem.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Write in the search box the following: “%appdata%” .
    • After the search is finished left click or tap on the folder that the search feature found.
    • If it takes you to the following path: “C:\Users\The user that you are logged in with\AppData\Roaming”.
    • It means that your folders are still there but they are hidden.
    • Click on “View”.
    • Check the box “Hidden items”
    Also you refer to the below link.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/what-appdata-folder

Note: Above link also refers to the Windows 10.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Feb 22, 2020
  3. Photos / Edit Stopped Working

This seems to be a hiccup with the application's software. What you can try is to do the following steps which will reset the internal state of the Photo app:

• Press Windows button + R.
    • Type: %appdata%\..\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.Photos_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState
    • Delete all the contents of that folder

Let us know if this suggestion helped.

Regene Jos, Feb 22, 2020
  4. psbecker Win User

Changed the visibility properties of AppData folder... some applications stopped working

Change Folder Icon in Windows 10

I just acquired a new laptop running Windows 10 and am trying to change the icons of the folders in the StartUp "Program" folder so that they would stand out a little better. I used my admin account and followed all the steps listed above, but when I clicked on "Apply", nothing happened. The same basic windows folder icon remained attached to the folder. I also tried to go into Properties and capitalize some of the folder names, but that didn't work either. Looks like something is protecting them, but I cannot figure out what it is much less how to get around this blockage, Any suggestions?

psbecker, Feb 22, 2020
Thema:

Changed the visibility properties of AppData folder... some applications stopped working

1. Changed the visibility properties of AppData folder... some applications stopped working - Similar Threads - Changed visibility properties

2. microsoft stopped working after changing appdata folder location

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    microsoft stopped working after changing appdata folder location: after changing my appdata folder location my microsoft and some of default app like photo and groove music stopped working and after terminating and resetting the apps after closing the tab they no longer are in the apps listits like they got uninstalled and i can find them...
  3. microsoft stopped working after changing appdata folder location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft stopped working after changing appdata folder location: after changing my appdata folder location my microsoft and some of default app like photo and groove music stopped working and after terminating and resetting the apps after closing the tab they no longer are in the apps listits like they got uninstalled and i can find them...
  4. microsoft stopped working after changing appdata folder location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Taskbar and other applications not working due to AppData folder modifications.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar and other applications not working due to AppData folder modifications.: For the past 5 days I'm not able to access the taskbar properly and also I'm not able to install new apps on my system. I guess that is because I tried to modify the attributes of AppData folder and few other folders of the applications that were not working i.e. Google Drive...
  6. Taskbar and other applications not working due to AppData folder modifications.

Taskbar and other applications not working due to AppData folder modifications.: For the past 5 days I'm not able to access the taskbar properly and also I'm not able to install new apps on my system. I guess that is because I tried to modify the attributes of AppData folder and few other folders of the applications that were not working i.e. Google Drive...
  7. Taskbar and other applications not working due to AppData folder modifications.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. SOME pictures not visible in folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SOME pictures not visible in folders: RANDOM pictures not visible in folder.YES I have checked and unchecked EVERY box suggested in EVERY other thread.also MS, it's soooo helpful when every thread is closednew Lenovo flex, copied files from older Lenovo flex both windows 10SOMETIMES if I rename file it becomes...
  9. SOME pictures not visible in folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SOME pictures not visible in folders: RANDOM pictures not visible in folder.YES I have checked and unchecked EVERY box suggested in EVERY other thread.also MS, it's soooo helpful when every thread is closednew Lenovo flex, copied files from older Lenovo flex both windows 10SOMETIMES if I rename file it becomes...
  10. SOME pictures not visible in folders