Windows 10: Changed user name, cant log in to windows with lokal account anymore!!

Discus and support Changed user name, cant log in to windows with lokal account anymore!! in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi, my problem is I changed the username name via the computermanager "datorhantering" in windows. After that there is no way to login to windows with... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by bnord111, Mar 22, 2021.

1. bnord111 Win User

Changed user name, cant log in to windows with lokal account anymore!!

Hi, my problem is I changed the username name via the computermanager "datorhantering" in windows. After that there is no way to login to windows with that account anymore. Im currently in another account but even after changing the name back to the original it doesnt work. The windows log in page does not allow me to login to this account beacuse there is no option to login to a account with only a user name and not a email address. The account is a lokal, administrator.

Pls help it would save my day

Thanks in advance

// Elias

:)

bnord111, Mar 22, 2021

2. Change log-on account name?

Hi,

Follow the steps below to change or edit Local user account.

• Select the keyboard shortcut Win+X and select
      Control panel
    • Click View by and select Large icons.
    • Click User accounts and select Manage another account.
    • Select your user account (the one to edit/rename) and click Change the account user name.
    • Type correct user name, click Apply and OK.
    Let us know how it goes.

Reymichael Ros, Mar 22, 2021
  3. Change local user account name in Windows 10

Hello!

I've just reinstalled Win10 and created a second account for my wife. Unfortunately, the login names is the mail she's registered to Microsoft.

How can I change the name.

I've read an answer to same question suggesting following:

"

Follow the steps provided below to change the username and check.

• Press Windows key + X key.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Under view, select large icons.
    • Go to User Account.
    • Click on Manage another account

"

I don't have that option in Win10.

Thanks for assistance

MichaelBar, Mar 22, 2021
  4. Jessen P Win User

Query about changing the User Accounts name

Hi Jerry,

Perform the steps mentioned below to change the user account name.

• Sign in to the Your info page on the Microsoft account website.

• Under your name, select Edit name.
      If there’s no name listed yet, select Add name.
    • Edit or add the name you want, then choose Save.
      Your Microsoft account name will start to appear or change everywhere you use it.

Please revert if you still cannot change the user account name.

Thank you.

Jessen P, Mar 22, 2021
Thema:

1. Changed user name, cant log in to windows with lokal account anymore!! - Similar Threads - Changed user name

2. Change user account name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change user account name: A long time ago, I named my user andre and signed-in with my microsoft account. there was a typo and it was suppose to be andrew. now my user folder is named andre on every new PC I buy as I have to sign in with a MSFT account. Anyway to fix this?...
  3. Change user account name

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change user account name: A long time ago, I named my user andre and signed-in with my microsoft account. there was a typo and it was suppose to be andrew. now my user folder is named andre on every new PC I buy as I have to sign in with a MSFT account. Anyway to fix this?...
  4. Changing names of user accounts

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Changing names of user accounts: Is it OK to change the name of a user in the ‘users’ section of File Explorer inside This PC/Windows? I have one listed as ‘new user’ and would rather give it a more meaningful name....
  5. Change name of user account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Change name of user account: I have an admin user account named "Admin". After I created it, I linked it with my Microsoft account which bears the name of "Shmuel". However, the system still calls the account "Admin". For instance, the path is C:\Users\Admin I want to change the name to "Shmuel", because...
  6. Cant log into Microsoft Account anymore

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cant log into Microsoft Account anymore: Hello, Even though I know my password and I already managed to log into that same account on other devices like my Smartphone, I just cant get login on my PC, even after resetting the password twice, trying it with WiFi. and with the Digital keyboard option Etc, but still,...
  7. Cant log on with user name

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cant log on with user name: I only have one user on my computer . while trying to make some changes I accendtial removed my user name. Help I cant' log in and I do not have a start up disk Is there a place where I can download one?...
  8. User Account Name Change

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    User Account Name Change: I just got this computer last week, and the last letter of my name is missing. I dont have an option to change it in the Control Panel, nor can I rename the folder through my drive. Is there another option?...
  9. User Account Name Change

User Account Name Change: Final result of this whole process: JUST CREATE A NEW USERNAME AND START ALL OVER. Weird/odd things keep popping up. The sound issue, random program errors, and random instability with Windows (I clicked the wifi button in notifications to turn it off the other day to move...
  10. Change user account name?

Change user account name?: Having created a Msoft admin account in form, say, def7936@...., I then created a local account with admin powers, which I called Forename. However I see that all my local account documents are in C:\users\def79, an abbreviation of the Msoft version, not Forename, as desired....