Windows 10: Changed Windows store app location but still downloading to my C drive

Discus and support Changed Windows store app location but still downloading to my C drive in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I only have limited space on my ssd, I have changed the default location within the setting storage menu to another drive but yet it still downloads to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by thedevil5600, Feb 3, 2017.

1. Changed Windows store app location but still downloading to my C drive

I only have limited space on my ssd, I have changed the default location within the setting storage menu to another drive but yet it still downloads to the C drive?? anyhelp

Edit:
    Talking about downloading Windows store apps, specifically a game

:)

thedevil5600, Feb 3, 2017

2. Downloading from Windows App Store to a D: drive

I have only limited space on my C: drive and want to download apps from the Windows App store to my D: drive. I am running Windows 10. I have tried the following:

1. Changing the system storage download location for apps to D:.

2. Using regedit to change the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Appx "Package Root" to D:\WindowsApps

3. Using regedit to change the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion "ProgramFilesDir" to "D:\Program Files".

When I try to install from the app store it still comes back with error 0x80070070 (not enough space) because it is still trying to download to C:\Program Files\Winapps.

RichardB29YU, Feb 3, 2017
  3. Store offline maps to SD Card

This does not solve the problem. The maps are still downloaded and stored on the C Drive.

The windows setting screen has a option for "Storage Location" I am unable to change that to the SD Card.

Synckronize, Feb 3, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Changed Windows store app location but still downloading to my C drive

Hi, presumably you've followed this:
    Apps Save Location - Change in Windows 10

Please post a screenshot to illustrate your setting.

Can you advise how you know the program is on C:?

Notes:
    1. Installing universal apps on a different drive will give an error message if you need to do an in-place upgrade repair install. You will have to uninstall all such apps for that to proceed.
    2. To save space on your SSD consider (e.g.)
    - disabling hibernation
    - moving all personal data to your other drive(s)

I have a 256Gb SSD and a great many programs installed: I have some 150Gb or more free. I don't use the default library folders.

dalchina, Feb 4, 2017
Thema:

Changed Windows store app location but still downloading to my C drive

1. Changed Windows store app location but still downloading to my C drive - Similar Threads - Changed store app

2. Microsoft Store apps keep downloading into C: drive

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store apps keep downloading into C: drive: hello there, tried to install a game from microsoft store, it kept downloading it into C: drive.i tried changing the location in Settings>System>Storage>Change where new content is saved, and change "New apps will save to" option to D: drive.this didn't help,i found a...
  3. Microsoft Store apps keep downloading into C: drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store apps keep downloading into C: drive: hello there, tried to install a game from microsoft store, it kept downloading it into C: drive.i tried changing the location in Settings>System>Storage>Change where new content is saved, and change "New apps will save to" option to D: drive.this didn't help,i found a...
  4. Microsoft Store apps keep downloading into C: drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft store App download location

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft store App download location: Someone please tell me why Microsoft store on windows PC is NOT allowing me to choose where I download apps to. It’s like they’re forcing me to download on my Local drive for what? So I can crash my computer and pay another few 1000$ for a replacement?They need to fix this...
  6. Microsoft store App download location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store App download location: Someone please tell me why Microsoft store on windows PC is NOT allowing me to choose where I download apps to. It’s like they’re forcing me to download on my Local drive for what? So I can crash my computer and pay another few 1000$ for a replacement?They need to fix this...
  7. Microsoft store App download location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Microsoft store downloading everything to C drive - How to change it?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft store downloading everything to C drive - How to change it?: Hi there,So, I know this question has been asked before, but how on earth can I stop the Microsoft store from downloading every game to my C drive first BEFORE it actually moves it to my drive which I selected as the location for the game to be installed?I know there's a...
  9. Windows Store STILL downloading stuff to my C drive after I told it not to

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Store STILL downloading stuff to my C drive after I told it not to: I'm trying to download Forza Horizon 4, and despite setting its install location to my D drive, and changing the "new apps will save to:" setting to D:\, it's still downloading a small amount of shit to my C drive. Is there any way I can get it to download absolutely NOTHING...
  10. Change download folder location but still saves to original drive.

in Windows 10 Support
    Change download folder location but still saves to original drive.: Hey all. I changed the Download folder location from my OS Drive (C:\) to my (F:\) drive. However, even after making this change, items are still being downloaded into the C drive, and cannot be found on the folder assigned for the downloads in my F drive. Am I missing...