Windows 10: Changes after logging in as administrator

Discus and support Changes after logging in as administrator in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; In order to access device manager, I logged in as Administrator. When I restarted my computer, my display settings had changed, I have 2 monitors. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PenneyRyan, Feb 14, 2019.

1. Changes after logging in as administrator

In order to access device manager, I logged in as Administrator. When I restarted my computer, my display settings had changed, I have 2 monitors. I corrected the display but icons, web pages, everything is still abnormally large. The appearance makes me think Windows is running in safe mode. Is this possible? I can't find any way to change it back to normal.

:)

PenneyRyan, Feb 14, 2019

2. changing administrator

Hi,

Share this information to assist you better.

• What are the steps you have tried to change the Admin rights?
    • How many accounts have you configured in your computer?
    Try the below steps if you have not tried:

• Open Control Panel (Move the cursor to the lower/left corner of the screen and
      Right Click, select Control Panel on the menu.
    • In Control Panel, select User Accounts.
    • Select Manage another account.

This will show all of the user accounts on the computer. If there is an Administrator account it will show that designation.

• Sign Out and log on with any Administrator Account.
    • Go back to Control Panel/User Accounts.
    • Select Manage another account and then select the Standard account you wish to change.
    • Select the Change Account Type option.
    • Select the Administrator option to change the account and click the
      Change Account Type button.
    If there are no other Administrator Accounts, let us know and we can try another recovery method.

Let us know what you find.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Feb 14, 2019
  3. Paola Gar Win User
    Trying to change administrator in Windows 10

To change the Administrator on your PC, follow the steps below:

• Go to Control Panel.
    • Click User Accounts.
    • Select Manage other accounts.
    • Select your user account.
    • Change the account type.
    • Choose Administrator.

Before doing this, make sure that you are logged in to an administrator account. Once you've applied these settings, your user account will also have administrative privilege from them on.

Tell us what would be the result.

Paola Gar, Feb 14, 2019
  4. Changes after logging in as administrator

Hello,

I request you to enable built-in admin account and create a new account with all admin rights.

Steps to Enable Built-In Administrator account.

• Press Windows key + X.

• Select Command prompt (Admin).

• Type “net user administrator /active:yes”.

• Once you’re done, you can access your built-in administrator account by logging off your current account anytime.

Refer to the steps below to create a new User Account:

• Go to Start menu and then click on Settings.
    • Choose Accounts and then select Other User Accounts towards the left.
    • Select Add an Account.
    • Enter a user name and press Next.
    • Click on Finish.
    • Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    • Check if issue persists.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further queries, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Feb 14, 2019
Thema:

Changes after logging in as administrator

1. Changes after logging in as administrator - Similar Threads - Changes logging administrator

2. Log in as an administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Log in as an administrator: Hello,couple of days ago i locked my computer using microsoft website as i thought i lost my lap top. I found it but now my lap top is locked and i need to sign in as administrator how do i do that ?...
  3. Log in as an administrator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Log in as an administrator: Hello,couple of days ago i locked my computer using microsoft website as i thought i lost my lap top. I found it but now my lap top is locked and i need to sign in as administrator how do i do that ?...
  4. Log in as an administrator

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Log in as Administrator

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Log in as Administrator: I am unble to make any changes to my own desktop PC because I keep getting a message to "Log in ad administrator" message. I do not know how this changed or what I can do to fix the situation. When I see my profile, it shows nothing about being an administrator below my...
  6. Change administrator and log in of Windows 10 computer

Change administrator and log in of Windows 10 computer: I realise that similar questions have been asked before but I have been a little uncertain of following advice in other threads. We have a single Windows10 computer that belongs to our not-for-profit organisation. It is used principally by the treasurer and contains some...
  7. Logging in as administrator

Logging in as administrator: I am trying to instal LibreOffice free office suite on my Windows 10 laptop. When it comes to installing, a message pops up when new files start to be installed which asks me to log in as administrator. I am the only person who uses the laptop and I enter my password each...
  8. Log in as Administrator

Log in as Administrator: My normal login user is set up as an Administrator type with no password, but when I launch Rosetta Stone it tells me I need to log in with administrator privileges. When I log in my screen comes up (no password needed) and I don't see any question asking me about logging in...
  9. log in as an administrator

log in as an administrator: how do I log in as an administrator https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/log-in-as-an-administrator/f8197b39-f4d1-4e5f-af7d-7f99592f8ce8"
  10. Administrator Log in

in Windows 10 Customization
    Administrator Log in: How to login administrator account, being a local user since I accidentally disabled it. Due to I can't give permissions on my PC. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/administrator-log-in/ce212fa6-aca6-4262-93d1-cf7c13e9ab08