Windows 10: Changes made to my computer on 5/22/20 without my permission. I do not like what has been...

Discus and support Changes made to my computer on 5/22/20 without my permission. I do not like what has been... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Whoever changed the way my computer display was prior to the latest update, is now in control of my computer instead of me. The background photo is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by nancyeisnaugle, May 23, 2020.

1. Changes made to my computer on 5/22/20 without my permission. I do not like what has been...

Whoever changed the way my computer display was prior to the latest update, is now in control of my computer instead of me. The background photo is now overlaid with "fog", the icons in the tray have been changed, added-to, and difficult. The size of games is so large they fill the page and I am unable to reduce them to normal. There is no "x" to turn off a page I am through with, and more. If this is permanent, I will be unable to enjoy the use of my own computer. Please revert to previous.

:)

nancyeisnaugle, May 23, 2020
  2. tom acito Win User

how to change folder and file permissions in windows 10

this is for a file... how for a folder and ALL subfolders and files

thanks.

tom acito, May 23, 2020
  3. how to change folder and file permissions in windows 10

Hi David,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

• Are you trying to give permission to particular files and folders?
    I suggest you to follow the below step and check if it helps.

• Once you choose the file that you want to give permission, right click on it.
    • Click on properties and go to security tab, check whether any permission have been set.
    • After you have viewed the permissions that are already set, you can now click on the Advanced Button that is right below the "Permissions for Authenticated Users"
    • Once you have clicked Advanced, a box like this should appear, the "Permission Entries" box, which shows all the permissions that are set for the users. Now, after you have spotted the user whose permissions you wish to change, click "Change Permissions.
    • Click on the user you would like to edit, and then click the option that says "Change Permissions" which is right below the box.
    • Once that is clicked, you are going to get the same box pop up, but this time, you can actually edit the options. You do that by clicking the "Administrators" user again, and this time, you are going to click the "Edit" option.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, May 23, 2020
  4. Changes made to my computer on 5/22/20 without my permission. I do not like what has been...

Unable to open documents due to permission error

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I would like to know whether you have signed in to the Administrators account.

I suggest you to sign out from the current account, restart the computer and log in with Administrators account and

check if it helps to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to refer to the steps below and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

• Press and hold or right-click the file or folder, and then click
      Properties.
    • Tap or click the Security tab.
    • Under Group or user names, tap or click your name to see the permissions that you have.
    To open a file, you have to have the Read permission. To change the permissions of a file or folder, follow these steps.

Important You must be logged on as an administrator to change permissions on files and folders.

• Press and hold or right-click the file or folder, and then tap or click
      Properties.
    • Tap or click the Security tab.
    • Under Group or user names, tap or click your name to see the permissions that you have.
    • Tap or click Edit, tap or click your name, select the check boxes for the permissions that you must have, and then click
      OK.
    For the Printer issue: I suggest you to run printer troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Printer.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, May 23, 2020
Thema:

Changes made to my computer on 5/22/20 without my permission. I do not like what has been...

1. Changes made to my computer on 5/22/20 without my permission. I do not like what has been... - Similar Threads - Changes made computer

2. My computer has been having issues with freezing. What do I do?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My computer has been having issues with freezing. What do I do?: The CPU runs really hard for just about every application. Wondering why that is. Took a look at event viewer. I am suspicious of Nahimic as it runs a ton of instances in my task manager for no reason....
  3. My computer has been having issues with freezing. What do I do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer has been having issues with freezing. What do I do?: The CPU runs really hard for just about every application. Wondering why that is. Took a look at event viewer. I am suspicious of Nahimic as it runs a ton of instances in my task manager for no reason....
  4. My computer has been having issues with freezing. What do I do?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My PC has been acting up, what do i do ?

My PC has been acting up, what do i do ?: I installed a software AutoCAD and ever since my laptop has been malfunctioningsome apps that previously would open gave an error message that said the version of the app was not compatible with my pc, my pc became slower and Microsoft Word had an issue and would crash each...
  6. Build 22504 has made both my computers unusable - what do i do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Build 22504 has made both my computers unusable - what do i do?: I have found that on both my laptop and desktop, windows explorer keeps continuously restarting. This means that I can't open anything and I keep getting a flashing screen every 4 or so seconds. Anything I open through task manager or command line closes instantly. I've tried...
  7. Build 22504 has made both my computers unusable - what do i do?

Build 22504 has made both my computers unusable - what do i do?: I have found that on both my laptop and desktop, windows explorer keeps continuously restarting. This means that I can't open anything and I keep getting a flashing screen every 4 or so seconds. Anything I open through task manager or command line closes instantly. I've tried...
  8. money has been taken from my account without my authorization/permission

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    money has been taken from my account without my authorization/permission: Dear Sir or Madam, Money has been taken from my account without my authorization/permission. When I purchased this new computer a few weeks ago, Microsoft allowed for a "Free Trial Period of Office 365". Not once in the agreement did it say that money would be taken from...
  9. Undoing changes made to your computer has been running forever.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Undoing changes made to your computer has been running forever.: Yesterday on my Lenovo PC windows 10 updates started and after few minutes blue screen came and it said "There was a problem running updates". We are re starting your PC to fix this since then message is toggling between "Undoing changes made to your computer" and...
  10. My computer has been like this for a few hours. Is this normal and what can I do?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My computer has been like this for a few hours. Is this normal and what can I do?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/DaLegend27k [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fiq2qm/my_computer_has_been_like_this_for_a_few_hours_is/