Windows 10: Changes on my MicroSD are not saving.

Discus and support Changes on my MicroSD are not saving. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a Surface Pro 6 Home Edition, and since it has only 128GB for memory I decided to put a MicroSD SanDisk ultra to extend it for another 128GB,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by CarlosTrejo2308, Apr 25, 2020.

1. Changes on my MicroSD are not saving.

I have a Surface Pro 6 Home Edition, and since it has only 128GB for memory I decided to put a MicroSD SanDisk ultra to extend it for another 128GB, with bitlock protection.

The thing is that I took a course in "forensic informatics" and I messed up with the computer a little bit. I installed some programs such as "FTK Imager" and "USB Write Blocker" as well as some "Images" from " https://www.cfreds.nist.gov/ "

When I tried to unzip some images from the cfreds link, I notice that changes on my MicroSD were not updating... I tried to restart my computer and I even check the registry of my computer, especially the " StorageDevicePolicies/WriteProtect”=dword:00000000 ", this one was all good, there was no such word with writeprotect, but I decided to delete the StorageDevicesPolices anyways since it only had an empty null registry.

But nothing, nada. Now when I try to even delete something from my MicroSD, or add just a simple folder or textile, when I restart my computer or eject-reinsert it, the changes are not reflecting. Everything is as just before.

What should I do to fix this? I cannot format the SD right now, because I have 55GB of it and I can't save them to another device at the moment.

Thanks in advance!

:)

CarlosTrejo2308, Apr 25, 2020
  2. Jerry8A Win User

Recent (Save Files) - Change Default Settings to OneDrive

Hello -
    Thanks for the return. Before I undertake changing the Registry, I have a question.
    The steps in my Registry, for my version of Windows 10, were a bit different, but I think I eventually got to the right spot.
    The last step is to change the number of places you want to list in Recent Places. In my case, the default Max Display listed 50 as the number. So, if I were to change that number, how do I know the Save As page will be one of those places? Or, a similar question, will this registry change delete the tab Recent from my Save As page? This is what I would like to happen.
    When I received my computer in Nov. 2016, the Recent tab was not listed in the Save As page. Something caused it to be added over time. Which brings me to this second question. Would there be any benefit in deleting the changed registry listing and reverting back to the default listing? See attachment.
    Jerry

Jerry8A, Apr 25, 2020
  3. Goran0713 Win User
    Change default save location to microSD Card

Hi everyone,

I have a Dell Venue 8 Pro with Windows 10. I have installed a microSD card which is recognized by Windows. I understand we cannot save apps to the microSD card by default. However, I get the option to set the microSD card as default for photos, music,
    documents, etc. My problem is:

I change each of these categories to the SD card, but when I exit from Settings and go back in they change back to the C:

How can I change the default save locations for the categories available and keep them that way?

Thanks!!

Goran0713, Apr 25, 2020
  4. Changes on my MicroSD are not saving.

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Apr 25, 2020
Thema:

Changes on my MicroSD are not saving.

1. Changes on my MicroSD are not saving. - Similar Threads - Changes MicroSD are

2. Format microSD card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Format microSD card: I tried to format a SanDisk microSD 64 GB card using File explorer without success.The card name could not be changed.The card could not be formatted regardless quick or full.All folders and files could be deleted except some files in 2 folders. However, about two dozen files...
  3. Format microSD card

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Format microSD card: I tried to format a SanDisk microSD 64 GB card using File explorer without success.The card name could not be changed.The card could not be formatted regardless quick or full.All folders and files could be deleted except some files in 2 folders. However, about two dozen files...
  4. Phone as MicroSD-Reader

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone as MicroSD-Reader: Guten Abend Microsoft-Tech Community,Mein Frage wäre, kann ich mein Handy als SD-Kartenleser verwenden. Ich möchte, meine SD-Karten verwenden, um auf meinen Raspberry Pi Zero W das Raspberry OS installieren kann und SSH aktivieren kann.Mit freundlichen Grüßen,Hamze Al Maliky!...
  5. Phone as MicroSD-Reader

Phone as MicroSD-Reader: Guten Abend Microsoft-Tech Community,Mein Frage wäre, kann ich mein Handy als SD-Kartenleser verwenden. Ich möchte, meine SD-Karten verwenden, um auf meinen Raspberry Pi Zero W das Raspberry OS installieren kann und SSH aktivieren kann.Mit freundlichen Grüßen,Hamze Al Maliky!...
  6. SanDisk microSD 1TB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SanDisk microSD 1TB: hello I have a new microSD 1TB from SanDiskmy PC recognized it when it was plugged in for the first time, there were problems with formatting.Now all of a sudden it is not recognized anymore windows 10Can someone help me please...
  7. SanDisk microSD 1TB

SanDisk microSD 1TB: hello I have a new microSD 1TB from SanDiskmy PC recognized it when it was plugged in for the first time, there were problems with formatting.Now all of a sudden it is not recognized anymore windows 10Can someone help me please...
  8. SanDisk microSD 1TB

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Boot from microSD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Boot from microSD: The only history I could find on this subject was about 18 months ago, and that’s was just in general asking ‘can you’ https://reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/9fbdi9/can_windows_10_boot_from_microsd/ I have my 256 gb microSD card formatted and ready to go, and I plan to use...
  10. How to disable Dropbox and save to MicroSD Card?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to disable Dropbox and save to MicroSD Card?: Hello, first let me say after dealing in-depth for years with Windows PC's I have to say for me Windows 10 is by far the worst OS software EVER!!! These folks are money mongers to say the least and aren't concerned about the customer but, only the money they will make them! I...