Windows 10: Changes to File Types Blocked in Outlook on the web

Discus and support Changes to File Types Blocked in Outlook on the web in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; We will soon be adding several additional file extensions to the BlockedFileTypes property of existing OwaMailboxPolicy objects. This change will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Sep 26, 2019.

1. Brink Win User

Changes to File Types Blocked in Outlook on the web

Source: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/...eb/ba-p/874451

:)

Brink, Sep 26, 2019

2. Changing the File Type on an Outlook *.OST file.

I did a stupid thing and inadvertently changed the file type of an Outlook 2016 OST file to a PDF file. I have tried to change the type of file that *.OST is used by to Outlook but Windows 10 does not let me. Does anyone have any suggestions.

Thanks

CliveChambers1, Sep 26, 2019
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Outlook PST File Problem

That is exactly what I was going to suggest. Export everything to another PST file, delete the old(or rather move it out of the default folder) and replace it with the new PST file that you exported.

newtekie1, Sep 26, 2019
  4. Munki Win User

GUIDE:How to transfer contacts from Microsoft Outlook to Gmail

I'm sitting here in the office, its the end of the year in the school system, and several employees transferring to alternative counties. With this it brings loads of transferring contacts to take with them from their company phone. Well, this one in particular sparked a guide idea. So here it is, How to transfer Outlook contacts to your Gmail account.

Step 1: Sign in to your outlook account.
    step 2 In the top left hand corner click File > Import/Export > Export to file > Browse to desired place to save your file > export. Be sure you export the file as .csv (comma separated values)
    Step 3 Log into your Gmail account
    Step 4 Select 'Contacts' In the subsection you will see a 'Import' button on the right-hand side. Click it.
    Step 5 Browse to the location where you saved it > Open it > Click Import.

I would have provided pictures, but I use neither Outlook or Gmail. Hope someone somewhere gets some use from this. *Toast :toast:

=Munki=

Munki, Sep 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Changes to File Types Blocked in Outlook on the web - Similar Threads - Changes File Types

2. Outlook 2019 changes year as I'm typing

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 2019 changes year as I'm typing: I use Outlook 2019, the full application and not the subscription 365 version. When I type emails, I'm finding that outlook is changing the dates I typed meticulously from 2021 to 2012. I can't see why this is happening, but it is on every email I write. Do others have this...
  3. Changing 'File Save As Type' in outlook or windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Changing 'File Save As Type' in outlook or windows 10: I just upgraded Microsoft Edge and have now lost my ability to change any images sent to my outlook address from Jpeg to BitMap in the Save File As drop down box. The only options I have now to Save File Type As is now either Jpeg or All Files BitMap has disappeared So now I...
  4. Web Page Blocked...?!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Web Page Blocked...?!: For days I cannot open this page as it belongs to my insurance in Portland Oregon as seen below and I really need urgently to be able to open it up ...?! Please...anyone familiar with this situations and expertise can help me out to restore and have access to this...
  5. Blocking Standard user from changing file type associations

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blocking Standard user from changing file type associations: Is there a way to block standard users from changing file type associations when asked? in GPO or what ever way 149207
  6. Blocking Standard user from changing file type associations

in Windows 10 Support
    Blocking Standard user from changing file type associations: Is there a way to block standard users from changing file type associations when asked? in GPO or what ever way 149207
  7. Block Web Browsers Executing downloaded files

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Block Web Browsers Executing downloaded files: hi guys, im looking for a way to stop a user downloading a exe and Opening it from the web browser. We are already using software security policies to stop execution from the temp folders etc but is there any other steps we could put in place?...
  8. File Block changes

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    File Block changes: I just started using this Windows 10 laptop. I transferred my WORD files from my old laptop but they open as "read only" and I can't save them- error message comes up asking me to make changes in the Trust Center File Block settings. Ive tried this repeatedly and I still...
  9. Updates to Outlook on the web

in Windows 10 News
    Updates to Outlook on the web: We recently rolled out changes to Outlook on the web to improve your Calendar and sign-in experiences. Simplifying your sign-in to Outlook on the web We’ve heard your feedback that you want an easier way to find where to sign in to Outlook, so we’re making it easier for...
  10. change file type

in Windows 10 Support
    change file type: I was looking through a file within the file called" Windows8 OS". The file was called "Microsoft.SqlServer.Compact.400.32" and it was a "LFL" file type. In trying to open it I inadvertently changed it to a "BC" file type. Question, how do I change it back to it's...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. OwaMailboxPolicy blocked file types