Windows 10: Changes to LDAP-2020

Discus and support Changes to LDAP-2020 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, With the changes to LDAP announced in the link below, Will this update completely stop plain LDAP from functioning?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Microsofterr, Feb 18, 2020.

1. Changes to LDAP-2020

Microsofterr, Feb 18, 2020

2. Security update - 2020 LDAP channel binding and LDAP signing requirement for Windows

I have a question related to the security update (2020 LDAP channel binding and LDAP signing requirement for Windows) described

in https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...ding-and-ldap-signing-requirement-for-windows

Is there a way to configure the domain controller, so that even if secure binding becomes enabled by default, application servers (sending the windows credentials to domain controller) can override that in some way to support simple binding?

AntoniosIM, Feb 18, 2020
  3. Security update - 2020 LDAP channel binding and LDAP signing requirement for Windows

Hi AntoniosIM,

This will not be supported, please read the article below:

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/core-inf...

If LDAP Channel Binding is enabled, Simple Binding will not be allowed.

I hope this answers your question.

c12f15dc-7bff-4426-b6c1-6cd384eeb051, Feb 18, 2020
  4. Coxclan5 Win User

Changes to LDAP-2020

LDAP issue

Trying to sign on to a webmail, and I keep getting an LDAP error. Any suggestions?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Coxclan5, Feb 18, 2020
Thema:

Changes to LDAP-2020

1. Changes to LDAP-2020 - Similar Threads - Changes LDAP 2020

2. AD LDS Instance Issue LDAP

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    AD LDS Instance Issue LDAP: Have been setup LDAP using AD LDS Active Directory Lightweight Directory Services LDAP Port is 389 and LDAPS port is 636. However didn't mark all the required LDIF files to import when setup. Tried to re-built Instance used LDAP default port but failure. The messages said "...
  3. Secure Active Directory LDAP binding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Secure Active Directory LDAP binding: We have On-prem Active Directory, users and applications are authenticated to access network resources.Please advise if there is a way to secure or delegate AD LDAP bind only to specific admins or service accounts. Currently anyone with valid credentials can "bind" Active...
  4. ldaps doesn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ldaps doesn't work: Hi all, after restoring the C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Crypto directory, all services work fine except LDAPS. The ldp.exe test works fine from the DCs servers but not from a non domain server. Also tried with ldapsearch via linux without success. LDAP is ok. Any advice? Thanks...
  5. ldaps doesn't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ldaps doesn't work: Hi all, after restoring the C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Crypto directory, all services work fine except LDAPS. The ldp.exe test works fine from the DCs servers but not from a non domain server. Also tried with ldapsearch via linux without success. LDAP is ok. Any advice? Thanks...
  6. LDAP issue with powershell

in Windows 10 Customization
    LDAP issue with powershell: Hello, I have created one PowerShell script to get the Active directory data. In which I used Active Directory Domain Services to get the data. I am using the JSON file to provide the Input. The command is as below "$allGroups = Find-LdapObject -SearchFilter...
  7. 2020 LDAP channel binding and LDAP signing Impact on IIS Integrated windows authentication

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    2020 LDAP channel binding and LDAP signing Impact on IIS Integrated windows authentication: I have a question related to the security update 2020 LDAP channel binding and LDAP signing requirement for Windows described in https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4520412/2020-ldap-channel-binding-and-ldap-signing-requirement-for-windows. We are using IIS Integrated...
  8. Security update - 2020 LDAP channel binding and LDAP signing requirement for Windows

Security update - 2020 LDAP channel binding and LDAP signing requirement for Windows: I have a question related to the security update 2020 LDAP channel binding and LDAP signing requirement for Windows described in https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4520412/2020-ldap-channel-binding-and-ldap-signing-requirement-for-windows Is there a way to configure...
  9. Security Advisory ADV190023 | Microsoft Guidance for Enabling LDAP Channel Binding and LDAP...

Security Advisory ADV190023 | Microsoft Guidance for Enabling LDAP Channel Binding and LDAP...: I've been reviewing ADV190023 (which seems to indicate that insecure LDAP binds will no longer be permitted in Active Directory after January 2020). I made the changes to the Windows Registry on my Domain Controllers to get detailed logging information about...
  10. LDAP Client

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    LDAP Client: Hi everybody, whats options I have for connect and login authentification of multilples Windows 10 HOME Edition at my LDAP Server Linux ? Any different options to PGINA software? Best regards...