Windows 10: Changes to Microsoft Services Agreement

Discus and support Changes to Microsoft Services Agreement in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Your Services Agreement made clearer You’re receiving this email because we are updating the Microsoft Services Agreement, which applies to one or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Mar 17, 2018.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Changes to Microsoft Services Agreement

Source: Email from Microsoft

See also: Updates

Brink, Mar 17, 2018
  2. Faith Win User

Does anyone actually read these service agreements and any supplementary articles sent to you? I'm yawning by just looking at them. They should have explosions, bears wrestling, volcanoes erupting and tacos to make them more appealing, just sayin'.

:)

Faith, Mar 18, 2018
  3. Taffy087 Win User
    Microsoft Services agreement

If this is what you see in the email, it's genuine. Your options are (1) do nothing = you accept the new terms or (2) reject them - the consequences are shown.

Hoping this helps.

Changes to Microsoft Services Agreement [​IMG]

Taffy087, Mar 18, 2018
  4. Changes to Microsoft Services Agreement

Microsoft Services agreement

Thanks Taffy087!!

the demon barber, Mar 18, 2018
  5. Kari Win User
    Most of us geeks have a motto "real professionals don't read manuals". Same applies to EULAs and service agreements.

Of course, that often leads to another widely used motto: "When fire department has left the building and smoke's gone, I'll rewire and try again".

My point is, it's basically irrelevant if we read manuals and in this case new service agreement or terms and conditions or not; if not, and something happens or we "accidentally" violate them, it's our own fault. Saying "... but I didn't know it was against EULA" is not a valid defense.

6. ICIT2LOL Win User
    Hmm well I got this through my mail and I wonder why they put stuff out like this because I don't know about anyone else but it immediately makes me think what are they changing and how is it going to affect me and reading though it left me wondering why did they bother after initially thinking that it was going to be against the rules by not signing into those accounts. I use the Microsoft one because of the email but the One Drive I have now interest but yet all of my gear was listed including some documents and I thought that a bit rude to say the least.

In any case I thought to myself how would they police anyone not signing in every so often doesn't make much sense. Strikes me that soemone somewhere has got nothing else better to do*sarc

ICIT2LOL, Mar 19, 2018
  7. In light of the recent Analytica / Facebook farrago I can see that these fishing exercises could have real meaning for them. For me? maybe not.

muymalestado, Mar 24, 2018
  8. Ghost82 Win User

And moreover... what if you don't agree with them? Stop using Windows?

Ghost82, Mar 25, 2018
  9. OilerNut Win User
    Pretty much, by using Windows you are agreeing to the terms laid out.

OilerNut, Mar 25, 2018
  10. So. For the next ten years (two PC lifetimes) it'll be Android will it?

muymalestado, Mar 25, 2018
  11. Clintlgm Win User
    Here I was hoping someone had read the darn thing a comment on any changes that might effect us. Silly me

Clintlgm, Mar 25, 2018
  12. OilerNut Win User
    I don't have any issues with the terms, so no?

OilerNut, Mar 25, 2018
  13. Cr00zng Win User

The short answer is yes...

The code of conduct, that pretty much reads like criminal charges, also includes enforcement clause, quote:

What happens to people, who log on to their Windows with Microsoft account and it's closed? How about the local accounts? Windows 10 is offered as a "Service" and at first glance, even local accounts could be nuked by MS, if and when Microsoft finds the end user's activity offensive. I doubt that MS will go that far, but the proposed SA opens the door for that.

Blocking communication "(like email, file sharing or instant message)" sort of implies real-time monitoring of these services.

Quote from the link:

Telemetry is a service in Windows, don't touch... *ROFLMAO2

One more...

So, no more "I hate the Orange Headed Monster"? *sarc

Practically, all of the rules listed in the code of conduct breaking the law in one form or another. The question is, should a private, non-governmental entity enforce these laws as they please?

Cr00zng, Mar 27, 2018
  14. OilerNut Win User
    It is just so that if someone does something on Skype or anything else Microsoft can say, "see look it's against the terms of our agreement! It's not our fault!"

OilerNut, Mar 27, 2018
  15. yu gnomi Win User
    I think Bleeping Computer has done fair coverage of this. Also recommend reading comment section after article.

yu gnomi, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Changes to Microsoft Services Agreement - Similar Threads - Changes Microsoft Services

2. Microsoft Service Agreement !

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Service Agreement !: I am just wondering ! I am running Windows 10 21H2 and I am trying to digest the new Microsoft service agreement. I use my own Microsoft office 2019 and use most apps out of the "store". Like a lot of people I use CCLEANER AND MALWAREBYTES and one or two third party apps, so...
  3. Microsoft Service Agreement !

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Service Agreement !: I am just wondering ! I am running Windows 10 21H2 and I am trying to digest the new Microsoft service agreement. I use my own Microsoft office 2019 and use most apps out of the "store". Like a lot of people I use CCLEANER AND MALWAREBYTES and one or two third party apps, so...
  4. Microsoft Service Agreement !

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Changes to Microsoft Services Agreement effective June 15, 2021

in Windows 10 News
    Changes to Microsoft Services Agreement effective June 15, 2021: Summary of Changes to the Microsoft Services Agreement We have provided a summary of the most notable changes to the Microsoft Services Agreement. To see all of the changes, please read the full Microsoft Services Agreement here. In the header, we’ve updated...
  6. Microsoft Services Agreement October 2020

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Microsoft Services Agreement October 2020: I would like a succinct & very easy-to-understand explanation of the updated Microsoft Services Agreement - which applies from 1st October 2020. Including which Microsoft software will continue to be free to use. Does such a thing exist? If so what is the URL?...
  7. Summary of Changes to Microsoft Services Agreement from October 2020

in Windows 10 News
    Summary of Changes to Microsoft Services Agreement from October 2020: We have provided a summary of the most notable changes to the Microsoft Services Agreement. To see all of the changes, please read the full Microsoft Services Agreement here. In the header, we’ve updated the publication date to August 1, 2020 and the effective...
  8. Service agreement

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Service agreement: I received an email today from an anonymous address which says i need to log in to update the microsoft service agreement. It has arrives in my inbox, not junk. There is a link in it which i have not followed. Is this likely to be genuine? Thanks...
  9. Microsoft service agreement

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft service agreement: Just had the email from MS re the service agreement. What they don't clearly state is what they support free and what do I have to pay for. For example a recent windows update trashed my PC and I contacted MS support to resolve this, they said I would have to pay! It was...
  10. Read Microsoft Services Agreement Terms

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Read Microsoft Services Agreement Terms: How to: Read Microsoft Services Agreement Terms How to Read Microsoft Services Agreement Terms The Microsoft Services Agreement is an agreement between you and Microsoft (or one of its affiliates) that governs your use of Microsoft consumer online products and services....