Windows 10: Changes to my Computer Since Installing Narrator

Discus and support Changes to my Computer Since Installing Narrator in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I was exploring the Narrator and other Ease of Access applications in Windows a few days ago and placed/allowed a few simple macros like starting the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by EnrybJJ, Oct 5, 2020.

1. EnrybJJ Win User

Changes to my Computer Since Installing Narrator

I was exploring the Narrator and other Ease of Access applications in Windows a few days ago and placed/allowed a few simple macros like starting the Narrator Program into my software. The problem is, I have/had hundreds of other macros tied to the the Ctrl, Num-Lock, Caps Lock and the Insert Key all of which are activating with every other word I type for some reason btw, but there appears to be Administrative Privileges perhaps rightly given to Narrator where I'm just no longer sure whether it's me, Narrator, a virus or a combo of all of it now. The advice to just turn Narrator Off which someone found as a solution for them in another thread was tried and didn't help I then went through every link I could find in Narrator and every other display, keyboard, mouse and Xbox Applications which somehow found its way into this and seized my computer for a full 12 hours and wouldn't let go..

I just got done doing a full uninstall/ reinstall of my mouse and keyboard software and whatever seems to have taken control of my Control, Num-Lock, Cap-Lock and Insert Key is still here..

Last thing: I've run Malwarebytes, AVG Premium, ProcMon64, and a few other diagnostic programs and none of them see this as a virus...

Thank you in advance for any help

:)

EnrybJJ, Oct 5, 2020

2. Narrator

Hi,

Thank you for providing the information.

Based on the description, it appears that you are facing issues in getting the Read option in Adobe Reader to speak loud.

• Which version of Adobe Reader is installed on your computer?
    I would suggest you to refer and follow the steps under page 43 from the link which may help you in
    enabling the read loud options and check if it helps.

http://www.adobe.com/enterprise/accessibility/reader/pdfs/reader7_accessibility.pdf

Enable the Read out Loud option and turn on Narrator and check if it helps.

Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Oct 5, 2020
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Are there any other voices for Narrator in the Ease of Access in Windows 10?

Hi Melody,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Type narrator in the search bar and press enter.

• Click on voices

• And select find other voices that work with Narrator.
    Let us know if you need further assistance with Windows related issues. We will be happy to help.

Arul_D, Oct 5, 2020
  4. Changes to my Computer Since Installing Narrator

narrator

Hi,

To isolate the concern, please answer the following questions:

• Which version of operating system (OS) build is currently installed on your phone?
    • How long you've been having this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Can you send us a screenshot showing the icon or tiles that is circle while the Narrator is turn on and turn off?

For your reference, you may visit this link on how to use Narrator on Windows Mobile.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Dennis Zac, Oct 5, 2020
Thema:

Changes to my Computer Since Installing Narrator

1. Changes to my Computer Since Installing Narrator - Similar Threads - Changes Computer Since

2. Narrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Narrator: How do I get an audio manual for using narrator? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/narrator/76edb956-9640-40bb-90f8-384e5b509516
  3. Change Pronunciations in Narrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change Pronunciations in Narrator: Is there a way for customers like me who use screenreaders like Narrator to change the pronunciation of specific words and phrases? The reason why I ask is because whenever I write my family name, "Baradine", it seems to pronounce it as "Bar ah dine", when it's supposed to be...
  4. Change Pronunciations in Narrator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change Pronunciations in Narrator: Is there a way for customers like me who use screenreaders like Narrator to change the pronunciation of specific words and phrases? The reason why I ask is because whenever I write my family name, "Baradine", it seems to pronounce it as "Bar ah dine", when it's supposed to be...
  5. Narrator

in Windows 10 Customization
    Narrator: This is a bit of a strange query!I use Kindle for PC. I have a kindle e-textbook "Reading Koine Greek". This book uses "Text-to-Speech TTS with Kindle for PC". The book has both English and Greek text. The English text is converted to speech. The Greek text is not converted....
  6. Narrator.

Narrator.: i. cannot. disable. it. Its's annoying! when i formatted my ssd in order to reinstall windows, it activated on itself and whenever im trying to turn it off, it doesn't actually turn off....
  7. NARRATOR !!!!!!!!!!

NARRATOR !!!!!!!!!!: Is anybody able to tell me how I can stop the pesky narrator app for as long as I don't intentionally restart it or any related app (i.e. probably "text to speech", before I toss my innocent, brand new laptop out of the next available window, open or shut ! Many thank,...
  8. Narrator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Narrator: I'm surprised that searching for "narrator" returns no matches at all in this forum. So I guess I'm the first Windows 10 Home user to have the narrator come on when I don't want it. I eventually figured out how to turn it off that one time. It isn't easy to do. I'd like to...
  9. Narrator

in Windows 10 Support
    Narrator: All of a sudden, the "Narrator", auto-starts on boot-up while "Narrator" is turned off in 'Ease of Access'. I can exit Narrator but cannot find out why it is auto-starting? 31132
  10. Can't change Narrator settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't change Narrator settings: Hello, I'm trying to change the voice and other settings for the Narrator program in Windows 10 Ease of Use. My settings are grayed out even after I turn it on (which is supposed to make the settings available). I go out of the Ease of Use settings and back in to find the...