Windows 10: Changes to the contents of a VHD

Discus and support Changes to the contents of a VHD in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, Could you please explain this? Changes to the contents of a VHD (such as infection by a virus, or accidental deletion of critical files)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Dani_F1, Oct 5, 2019.

1. Dani_F1 Win User

Changes to the contents of a VHD

Hello,

Could you please explain this?

Changes to the contents of a VHD (such as infection by a virus, or accidental deletion of critical files) are easily undone.

Changes to the contents of a VHD 0438ed6b-4c2c-45d5-942e-f0a47af54260?upload=true.jpg

:)

Dani_F1, Oct 5, 2019
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Oct 5, 2019
  3. how to resize a vhd file?

so I was experimenting with vhd files and I wanted to resize a vhd file so that I could add in more partitions. basically, I just wanted to put two vhd files together as a partition but can't so I copied one of the vhd files using VirtualBox and then extend
    the copy and create a partition and copy the contents of the other vhd file.

information of the vhd files because I can't find the attachments button:

1. FreeBSD.VHD (the one I copied):

disk type: MBR

file system: I think either UFS, UFS2, or ZFS.

disk space: 16.00 GB

2. MS-DOS 6.22 with CD-ROM Support VHD.vhd

disk type: MBR

file system: FAT

disk space: 2.00 GB

edit: I found out! go to the disk you want to resize (on VirtualBox) open properties, and use the slider to change disk size.

papperboy3498, Oct 5, 2019
  4. meebers Win User

RetailDemo Offline Content?

Was cleaning up my 10162 install using cleanmgr. One option on the list was "RetailDemo Offline Content", it was 100MB. Not sure what this is, before I delete it. Suggestions?

meebers, Oct 5, 2019
Thema:

1. Changes to the contents of a VHD - Similar Threads - Changes contents VHD

2. Need help with VHD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help with VHD: Hey guys a while back i created a vhd out of d drive to keep games but now i require the 85 gb i put in it back to d drive pls list step by step method thx submitted by /u/LordPhant0m [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ulkopw/need_help_with_vhd/
  3. Vhd

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Vhd: How do I convert back from a vhd after I made it I realized I do not need it and it's taking up a lot of my storage space how do I flip it back into physical storage? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vhd/21a5eb1e-18bf-4f96-88c4-0d7a95ab3a73
  4. How to delete VHD

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    How to delete VHD: Hey everyone, this is my first post, but I want to get straight to the point. I created a VHD a few years back and it has grown in file size. However, these files are now useless to me and I would like to delete them. I unmounted the driver and when i try to delete it from...
  5. Folder changes contents

Folder changes contents: I was working on something and created a folder with .mp4 files inside. However, after shutting down my pc and turning it back on it, all the contents in the folder disappeared and there was just one .mp4 that i knew existed on my system, but i did not put it there. I use...
  6. Can’t explore vhd

Can’t explore vhd: Before I nuked windows off my asus rog. I create a system image back up. I just picked up the surface pro 7. There are some files in the iso that I need to get out. I have gone into disk management and attached the iso to vhd and it shows it’s listed in disk management....
  7. VHD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    VHD: just a small question. can i delete a vhd after i hv mounted it permanently? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vhd/deab598a-d7fe-4c5c-ace2-91003242d580
  8. change where content is saved

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    change where content is saved: I install a second hard drive that is recognize be the system, but under "change where content is saved" does not give me the option to choose this drive that is listed as D:. Is formatted as NTFS If I plug an external hard drive I will get the option to saved in it...
  9. Attaching a VHD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Attaching a VHD: I am running Windows 10, the latest build and created a Windows Image Backup image with Backup and Restore (Windows 7) from the control panel. To see if it works, I opened Disk Management and clicked on Action - Attach VHD and clicked on the VHD file, which is located on an...
  10. VHD issues on reboot

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    VHD issues on reboot: Hello I am trying to get the latest update of windows 10. The problem is my tablet does not have enough space. So I made a VHD. I told it to load automatically on reboot using these instructions https://www.eightforums.com/tutorial...tml#post545537 While it...