Windows 10: Changes to the way volume adjusts?

Discus and support Changes to the way volume adjusts? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have noticed lately that when I raise or lower the system volume in windows, it does so by twos, i.e. 2, 4, 6, 8....and so on. Wasn't a problem... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/cheesercorby, Aug 3, 2020.

1. Changes to the way volume adjusts?

I have noticed lately that when I raise or lower the system volume in windows, it does so by twos, i.e. 2, 4, 6, 8....and so on. Wasn't a problem before because my old speakers had a physical dial for volume adjustment so I kept system volume at 100 all the time. However, I have a new speaker setup, and the volume knob is on the speaker itself, which is on a shelf above and behind my monitor, which I cannot reach without standing on a chair. So, I turn the speaker up and use system volume, for which I have controls on my keyboard. However, the speaker is a bit louder than my old setup and I have noticed that sometimes, turning it up or down by one(remember its actually 2) is too much. So I want to make it so that when I adjust the system volume using my keyboard buttons, it does so by single increments instead of double. Can this be done?

submitted by /u/cheesercorby
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/cheesercorby, Aug 3, 2020
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Aug 3, 2020
  3. Disk management console view is not up-to-date

whoops i missed a step lol.

type in list volume..... your array volume should come up.... if so

type in Select volume 7
    assign

let me know if your volume is not there.

slyfox2151, Aug 3, 2020
  4. Changes to the way volume adjusts?

Windows 10 volume is always defaulted to 36 and I can't change it

Hi Ajinc,

It could be some outdated sound drivers or some audio enhancements that caused the issue you are experiencing with controlling your system volume. To narrow down such concern, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Which version and build of Windows 10 is currently installed on your computer? To check, click on the
      Start > Settings > System >
      About
    • What are the troubleshooting steps that you've tried so far?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer settings prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the steps listed here. Those are troubleshooting steps suitable for sound problems.

Update us if the steps above helped you in resolving your concern.

Angela Pun, Aug 3, 2020
Thema:

Changes to the way volume adjusts?

1. Changes to the way volume adjusts? - Similar Threads - Changes volume adjusts

2. No changes even I adjust volume

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No changes even I adjust volume: I updated driver and now there is no changes even I slide the volume slider. For example, I tried to lower down the volume it will stays the same. I restarted the computer at all and nothings change its like it is stuck on certain percentage. I need help since I use the...
  3. No changes even I adjust volume

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No changes even I adjust volume: I updated driver and now there is no changes even I slide the volume slider. For example, I tried to lower down the volume it will stays the same. I restarted the computer at all and nothings change its like it is stuck on certain percentage. I need help since I use the...
  4. No changes even I adjust volume

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. volume adjustment malfunction

volume adjustment malfunction: My computer's volume adjustment malfunctionAfter a update at end of ferburay my volume adjustment malfuntion, no matter how i move it the sound is fixed.windows 11 homeversion 21h2 22000.527realtek sound alc 887MSI GTX 1660 superI tried: switch Windows Audio and Windows Audio...
  6. Is There a Way to Fix the Volume Adjustement procedure that Windows 11 Broke?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is There a Way to Fix the Volume Adjustement procedure that Windows 11 Broke?: I just switched to Windows 11 today, and while some of my minor irritations with it are likely down to familiarization, there is one GLARING issue that I will never be able to get over, and will only become more irritating with time. Why in the world to I have to click on the...
  7. Is There a Way to Fix the Volume Adjustement procedure that Windows 11 Broke?

Is There a Way to Fix the Volume Adjustement procedure that Windows 11 Broke?: I just switched to Windows 11 today, and while some of my minor irritations with it are likely down to familiarization, there is one GLARING issue that I will never be able to get over, and will only become more irritating with time. Why in the world to I have to click on the...
  8. Can't adjust the volume

Can't adjust the volume: Hi, I have a computer with external speakers. My issue is that I can only adjust on those speakers. Adjusting the volume in windows has no effect, it only cut off the sound if I put it at zero. It's really annoying, it's much more easy for me to control the volume directly...
  9. Volume adjustment

in Windows 10 Customization
    Volume adjustment: Volume adjustment low during video playback https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/volume-adjustment/01b4e1d8-bf79-40f2-8fc5-863b8063706c
  10. Adjusting headphone volume

Adjusting headphone volume: I hope this is the correct forum...for the first time I used headphones in Windows 10 Pro, and I found the normal Fn-F6 and Fn-F7 that adjust speaker volume do not work to adjust headphone volume - nor does the slider in the task tray. I can go into Control Panel and find the...