Windows 10: Changes to update policies

Discus and support Changes to update policies in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hmmm.. a slight step in the right direction: "Speaking to press this week Microsoft Corporate Vice President Jim Alkove said the company will stop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by danxmanly, Sep 1, 2015.

1. danxmanly Win User

Changes to update policies

Hmmm.. a slight step in the right direction:

"Speaking to press this week Microsoft Corporate Vice President Jim Alkove said the company will stop hiding the contents of Windows 10 updates and what changes they will make once installed."

http://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonke...rtner=yahootix

:)

danxmanly, Sep 1, 2015
  2. TommyZU Win User

Windows update does not work

This problem is fixed now. Changed the value of Windows Update Policy key from 1 to 0.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate

TommyZU, Sep 1, 2015
  3. microsoft edge home page

Thanks, but this is not what I was looking for. I don't particulary like the mail app the way it is set up, and I don't want to make outlook my homepage. What I wanted was to keep my homepage on edge, but to add the outlook or Hotmail tab or short cut

changes ??, Sep 1, 2015
  4. Joergi Win User

Yes, I also preferred knowing what an update does.

However, in most cases this did not influence my decision to install or to not install it - in order to make this decision it is enough for me to see the update title.

Ah, and there is another positive aspect about not knowing what will be released: You do no longer have all those "news websites", which basically only repeat what Microsoft wrote about the updates. No additional value and just plain superfluous, but obviously some pages live from such "news". It's good to no longer have such junk in the newsfeeds.

Joergi, Sep 1, 2015
  5. Ringel05 Win User
    It's for Enterprise only and it still doesn't allow users to selectively block updates.

Ringel05, Sep 1, 2015
  6. Joergi Win User
    No, they are only speaking about the few lines of text, which tell you, what an update does. Since in the last years Microsoft only used a few standard texts without telling what an upgrade really changed, you won't lose much, if this short text is no longer there.

Joergi, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Changes to update policies - Similar Threads - Changes update policies

2. Change Microsoft Edge Policy in GPEdit (Group Policy)

in Browsers and Email
    Change Microsoft Edge Policy in GPEdit (Group Policy): Hi forum I want to disable two Edge policies below, but I can't find anything in GPEdit (Group Policy)! Any help? (Current Edge version : 91.0.864.37 Stable x64) Microsoft Edge Browser Policy Documentation | Microsoft Docs Microsoft Edge Browser Policy Documentation |...
  3. School account changing policies

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    School account changing policies: During online learning, I downloaded MS Teams and used my email from our organization. This added a Microsoft account to my device. I believe that this account changed some policies like login with fingerprint (sorted) and it limits my access to Windows Defender settings...
  4. Windows Update Policy Changes not showing (Brother's Comp)

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Update Policy Changes not showing (Brother's Comp): My brother is running an alienware aurora r5 desktop with accompanying BIOS and windows 10 home 64-bit (latest stable update, so 1909 build 18363.900), dell tag 486hmd2. I'm running windows 10 pro 64 bit of the same build number, and I got my windows update policy settings...
  5. Windows update policies.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update policies.: Hi. I have some troubles with my computer. The below picture shows the "some settings are managed by your organization" and i want to remove it but i tried many different ways by watching youtube videos and googling but just not able to resolve this problem. In the second...
  6. When is windows going to change its update policies?

When is windows going to change its update policies?: I and many other users are extremely frustrated with the update policy of windows. I used to be a big supporter of Windows in the days of Windows 7 and Xp. I even used to defend Windows from Mac/Linux admirers. But Windows 10 has been terribly underwhelming. When is Microsoft...
  7. Configure Update Policies

Configure Update Policies: Windows Update displays this message *Some settings are managed by your organisation View configured update policies I have Windows 10 Home & am not enrolled in Windows Insider Programme Policies set by : Mobile Device Management - and these links to info...
  8. policy background disable change

in Windows 10 Customization
    policy background disable change: Hi, Is it possible to disable a change to themes,colors,background on a W10 pro(workgroup) for the default useraccount? The adminaccount should be able to change themes, background,color,... thanks in advance 106214
  9. Windows 10 group policy update settings changes automatically

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 group policy update settings changes automatically: Dear all I have windows 10 pro and I have edited the group policy for windows update and has set it to notify me to download. My problem is that after a few days windows automatically download updates and install them though I had set it to notify to download. It seems that...
  10. Local Group Policy Issue. Policy not changing. Glitch?

in Windows 10 Support
    Local Group Policy Issue. Policy not changing. Glitch?: Hello everyone. This is my first post to this forum. I hope someone can help me out. I am having a problem with Local Group Policy. I have been experimenting with this just for learning purposes and I am stumped by something. One of the first things I tried doing was removing...