Windows 10: Changes using the Registry Editor won't take effect

Discus and support Changes using the Registry Editor won't take effect in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Hey guys, I got a problem with the registry editor. I want to set my keyboard response rate really low. In the screenshot you can see what... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/razzorman123, Apr 9, 2021.

1. Changes using the Registry Editor won't take effect

Changes using the Registry Editor won't take effect wPDU4tiY-ODcUmoF0aOEnbMI-Ga93FH2BUlnSVOopzs.jpg

Hey guys,

I got a problem with the registry editor. I want to set my keyboard response rate really low. In the screenshot you can see what I've changed it to. I think the repeat delay was 1000 before or something. Anyway I don't get any notification that there was any issues regarding the changes, but the changes just don't take effect. My keyboard response rate hasn't changed at all, even after editing it. Doesn't work for my brother either. On my old PC it worked randomly after restarting the computer 5 times. Doesn't work now though and I am not quite sure as to what the reason is.

https://preview.redd.it/h8z5xzi9w5s...bp&s=ea045b26b031bef433881de58160eaced23a2b10

submitted by /u/razzorman123
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/razzorman123, Apr 9, 2021

2. Registry editor

Hi Ruben,

Changes made using the Registry Editor can greatly affect how your system works. Should you wish to undo those changes, we suggest that you restore your system to an earlier state. To do this, simply follow the steps in this

article

You can also find this
    article
    useful for backing up your files before making changes with your registry.

Should you have further questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Apr 9, 2021
  3. LemP Win User
    how to open registry editor?

The registry editor is not something to fool around with if you don't know what you're doing. You can easily render your installation of Windows inoperative.

There is no "undo" feature in the registry; changes may take immediate effect.

Before making any changes to the registry, you should back up the registry and/or create a System Restore Point and/or create a system image.

You can start the registry editor by clicking the Start button, typing regedit in the Search box, and pressing Enter.

LemP, Apr 9, 2021
  4. f14tomcat Win User

Changes using the Registry Editor won't take effect

Change Font for Registry Editor in Windows 10

@Brink

Thanks, Shawn! That's a good one! Works as advertised.

Suggestion-- Add a .reg download to the tut to add the Regedit key and default blank FontFace. It will have no effect until a value is added.

Code:
    Code:
    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00  [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Regedit] "FontFace"=""
    Changes using the Registry Editor won't take effect [​IMG]

Now, if I could only get the font size a bit larger, I wouldn't have to strain these old eyes!! *chuckle

Tip: Add the Regedit key to the Favorites (at top) to make it easy to get back to. Helpful if you experiment with different fonts.

f14tomcat, Apr 9, 2021
Thema:

Changes using the Registry Editor won't take effect

1. Changes using the Registry Editor won't take effect - Similar Threads - Changes using Registry

2. Changing Default Program Installation Directory Using Registry Editor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing Default Program Installation Directory Using Registry Editor: I'm trying to change the default program installation directory on my laptop to my D drive. Everything I've read online said to just change the ProgramFilesDir and ProgramFilesDir x86 to the new drive path, however, do I not need to change the other directories to the D drive...
  3. Changing Default Program Installation Directory Using Registry Editor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing Default Program Installation Directory Using Registry Editor: I'm trying to change the default program installation directory on my laptop to my D drive. Everything I've read online said to just change the ProgramFilesDir and ProgramFilesDir x86 to the new drive path, however, do I not need to change the other directories to the D drive...
  4. How to change display rotation via registry and force the new change takes effective...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change display rotation via registry and force the new change takes effective...: Hello:I would like to change the display rotation via registry, such as...
  5. How to change display rotation via registry and force the new change takes effective...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change display rotation via registry and force the new change takes effective...: Hello:I would like to change the display rotation via registry, such as...
  6. How to change display rotation via registry and force the new change takes effective...

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. registry editor menu has changed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    registry editor menu has changed: When I open 'regedit' in 'run' the usual HKEY>list does not appear. The left side pane shows only HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT followed by a long alphabetized list of coded words which is gibberish to me. This is not the way registry editor previously displayed when set to run'. What...
  8. Registry not taking effect?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Registry not taking effect?: I made some changes in the registry lately, but they still haven't taken effect. I rebooted my computer, changed permissions for the registry key, but they still don't work. I am very confused, this key has worked perfectly fine in the past, and I have no idea why it's not...
  9. How to make Registry changes take effect immediately without restart

in Windows 10 News
    How to make Registry changes take effect immediately without restart: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]The Registry Editor is an in-built utility that comes with the Windows 10 OS. It contains all the low-level hierarchical data configuration for the Windows 10 operating system, its kernel, drivers, the application programs installed on top of it and [...]...
  10. Apply taking effect to a registry editing and modification by script

in Windows 10 Customization
    Apply taking effect to a registry editing and modification by script: How to apply taking effect to a registry editing and modification by command line / script ? thanks in advance. 102387