Windows 10: changing a childs age

Discus and support changing a childs age in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; how can i change the age of my child so they can access things like Xbox insiders hub?... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by KellyHogan2, Apr 24, 2021.

1. changing a childs age

how can i change the age of my child so they can access things like Xbox insiders hub?

:)

KellyHogan2, Apr 24, 2021
  2. Ar Rom Win User

Changing a child's age

Hi Jeff,

Creating a child account allows you to block adult websites or specify which sites you want your kids to see. You can also set screen time limits to make sure they're not spending too much time in the virtual world. To change the age of a child account, kindly
    click this
    link
    and follow the steps provided.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Ar Rom, Apr 24, 2021
  3. Changing a child's age

my youngest child accidentally set up our eldest childs account and entered their age incorrectly. When i log into our family account as me (adult) i can see my child's account. When i select "manage profile" for our child it takes me to a site that tells
    me about privacy changes in the US and South Korea (we are in Australia...). There is no option to change anything. It does give me an option to change restrictions which simply takes me back to the overview screen on me and my children.... loops. Any ideas?

thanks

JeffLewis1, Apr 24, 2021
  4. DenisNJH Win User

changing a childs age

Change my child's age

On my family page, clicking on "Manage my child's profile info" brings me to a random "Manage permissions" page explaining rules in countries other than my own (Canada). After looking online, it seems that I would have to log into my child's account to
    change his age... That makes no sense, he would just be able to change it back.

Microsoft, please fix the link.

Thank you.

DenisNJH, Apr 24, 2021
Thema:

changing a childs age

1. changing a childs age - Similar Threads - changing childs age

2. Where can I change the age of a child account in a family?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where can I change the age of a child account in a family?: I have been trying to update the age of a child account in my family however there is no option to do so. According to another previous help article there should be an option on this page to update the childs details.These are all the options which are avalible to me however...
  3. Why can't I change my child's age?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I change my child's age?: I need to change my child's age, and I can't. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-i-change-my-childs-age/98a4818e-0bdc-4f83-b20a-fbd1aaabd60e
  4. Why can't I change my child's age?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why can't I change my child's age?: I need to change my child's age, and I can't. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-i-change-my-childs-age/98a4818e-0bdc-4f83-b20a-fbd1aaabd60e
  5. Why can't I change my child's age?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
  6. Change age of "child" back to adult

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change age of "child" back to adult: My email account which has existed for literally decades recently spontaneously changed to have its age birth date be that of a 4-year old i.e., child, and as a result I am now locked out of my ability to do certain things due to the family/parental controls. I would like to...
  7. Change age of "child" back to adult

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change age of "child" back to adult: My email account which has existed for literally decades recently spontaneously changed to have its age birth date be that of a 4-year old i.e., child, and as a result I am now locked out of my ability to do certain things due to the family/parental controls. I would like to...
  8. Change age of "child" back to adult

9. Microsoft Account set up with child’s age. How to change?

Microsoft Account set up with child’s age. How to change?: I set up a Microsoft account in my name and purchased Minecraft for my son. I used his age on the Microsoft account in error and now can’t change it as it thinks I’m not an adult. How on earth do I get it changed to the correct age?If I delete the account then he can’t access...
  10. Child’s age for activity report?

Child’s age for activity report?: I just set up activity reports on my sons laptop but have now received an email that he has turned it off and had access to do this based on his age. What age gives him this authorisation? He’s15!...