Windows 10: Changing a DAT file back to jpeg.

Discus and support Changing a DAT file back to jpeg. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I hope I am in the forum for this question. Several yrs. ago I put some jpeg/jpg images on a CD-R disc., I wanted to view them and put them in my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jer1, Nov 22, 2020.

1. jer1 Win User

Changing a DAT file back to jpeg.

Hi,

I hope I am in the forum for this question. Several yrs. ago I put some jpeg/jpg images on a CD-R disc., I wanted to view them and put them in my pictures folder. When I put the disc in to view the pictures they open in a Power Media Player program and it has all of the images, but you can't see them it shows Item0001.DAT Item0002.DAT etc. If I click on one it will start showing all the images which I can see as long as it goes thru all images. I have transfered them to my pictures folder, but they are still DAT files, not jpeg. My question is, is there a free software program that will convert the DAT files to jpeg?
    I am running Windows 10 2004.

Thanks for your advice.

:)

2. 95Viper Win User

need some help opening a .dat file.....

I don't know if will help, but I noticed in a thread someone (@chefsuccess.com) mentioned, that, you need to use the restore to import the file.

I don't use the software, so, I have no idea on the steps/procedure.

Goodluck*Smile Changing a DAT file back to jpeg. :)

EDIT:

Dam* those how-to web sites have everything.

Hope this helps: How to Switch Pampered Chef Files From One Computer to Another

95Viper, Nov 22, 2020
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Associate .dat files to NotePad

Hi Rick

Right click a dat file, choose 'Open With' - Choose Another App

Important - Check the box marked 'Always use this app to open dat . . .'

If Notepad is not in the list, scroll to the bottom and click 'More Apps'

Again if Notepad is not in the list, at the bottom, click 'Look for another app on this PC', then navigate to find the Notepad application in C:\Windows\System32

DaveM121, Nov 22, 2020
  4. Changing a DAT file back to jpeg.

need some help opening a .dat file.....

Aight, I'll bite. What the hell is "her pampered chef"?

.dat = data file, which can be literally anything.

streetfighter 2, Nov 22, 2020
Thema:

Changing a DAT file back to jpeg.

1. Changing a DAT file back to jpeg. - Similar Threads - Changing DAT file

2. DAT file concerns

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DAT file concerns: Just now, I deleted a lot of temp files. I was going really fast and I ended up deleting some DAT files. I read about these just now and I learnt that they contained critical about programs used to create specific files. I also read that DAT files can have Windows registry....
  3. DAT file concerns

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DAT file concerns: Just now, I deleted a lot of temp files. I was going really fast and I ended up deleting some DAT files. I read about these just now and I learnt that they contained critical about programs used to create specific files. I also read that DAT files can have Windows registry....
  4. .dat file are appeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .dat file are appeared: hello Suddenly some files are appeared on my desktop which are of .dat extention .files names are : backup.dat and settings.dat so i want to know that this kinda file can harm the laptop or not ?thank you...
  5. .dat file are appeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    .dat file are appeared: hello Suddenly some files are appeared on my desktop which are of .dat extention .files names are : backup.dat and settings.dat so i want to know that this kinda file can harm the laptop or not ?thank you...
  6. Can't open ".jpeg/.JPEG" files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't open ".jpeg/.JPEG" files: Hello Windows 10 can't open ".jpeg/.JPEG" files in Photo viewer/Photos/Paint app. windows edition - Windows 10 Pro windows version - 2004 Installed on - 2020-07-16 OS build - 19041.388 Experience - Windows Feature Experience Pack...
  7. Delete a DAT file

Delete a DAT file: Hello, My program SuperAntiSpyware detected a malware file named "UsrClass.dat", because this is a Data file when I try to delete it an error message appears "this action can't be taken because the file is open in the system". How can I delete this file? Thanks,...
  8. Can't change default app for .dat file extesnsion.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't change default app for .dat file extesnsion.: Dear support team, I am trying to open .dat files but it is set to open with Power Media player for Dell. I tried to change it to notepad but it does not give me the option to choose it. I even uninstalled that application but when i try to set up the default app it ask me...
  9. every .dat file in my computer has changed

in Windows 10 Customization
    every .dat file in my computer has changed: i downloaded a video editor witch can covert the edited videos to dat files but i did not these dat to run the program files and any new dat files also open the video editor then to tries to convert it i would like them to return to the way they were before to the default...
  10. JPEG files -

JPEG files -: I photocopy files as JPEG files but when I come to open them in word i get a File Conversion window. This has only started in the last month or so. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/jpeg-files/c21b08d6-5e88-4a48-afa1-cf330adecc5c"