Windows 10: changing a hard drive

Discus and support changing a hard drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; i have an hp probook 6467b 64 bit and i have win 10 enterprise running now. last dec. i had win 10 pro running, it ran perfect. then i tried to get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by bobpalmer1, May 16, 2020.

1. changing a hard drive

i have an hp probook 6467b 64 bit and i have win 10 enterprise running now.

last dec. i had win 10 pro running, it ran perfect. then i tried to get the fingerprint scanner to work, i was instructed on other forums to add tons of files. i did that and my pc locked up. so i created a media tool on a thumb drive and booted to that drive and did a complete reinstall of the os. after doing that i got the enterprise version, i had pro. then all hell broke lose. the pc would run slo, lockup, and the worst was the chrome browser would not do the spell check good after that reinstall. if i have misspelled words i have a time fixing them.

before that reinstall i never had issues with spelling. even now writing this the bad words so up and then go away. so your going to see misspelled words as i fix them and they will show up after i post. so now i have uninstalled the chrome browser about 10 times and it still doe it. and like i said it never did that before i had to do the reinstall.

so what i want to do is just get another hard drive with the pro on it already and run with that. or can you tell me how to reinstall the pro version on this pc. the winten forums so not seem to have any idea, and give me tons of fixes that i try and do not work.

i went to the bios today and i do not see any choices for changing the hard drive to or from uefi to legacy and or back.

now i changed hard drives in the wifes pc and she has the same machine the hp probook 6764b 64 bit and she got the home version form ebay. i installed it and after 2 or 3 boots it just ran and runs perfect.

i thing i got a bad reinstall the last time so i just want to get a hard drive with win10 pro on it already and run with it.

i just did the memory test and hard drive test in the bios and they passed. so that again makes me think i got a corrupted os int he last reinstall.

thanks

:)

bobpalmer1, May 16, 2020

2. Overclock your hard drive!!!

Heres a much easier hack that I realized quite a few years ago that really does work!

REQUIREMENTS:
    • Hard drive with molex power connection.
    • PSU with more than 1 strand that has molex plugs on it.
    • Wire strippers, soldering iron if you're fancy, electrical tape if you're not.
    STEPS:
    • Take the strand of connectors from your PSU, and decide which one will be the donator for this overclocking adventure.
    • Cut the yellow and orange cables, then twist them together.
    • Find the power connector you've chosen as the overclocking connector, and release the orange cable from the connector. Now use your preferred method to bind them together, then place it back together.
    • Plug in a drive and feel the speed!
    Congratulations! You've just overclocked your hard drive!

Sir B. Fannybottom, May 16, 2020
  3. little cat, May 16, 2020
  4. Mathragh Win User

changing a hard drive

Overclock your hard drive!!!

Wut =D

what is that supposed to accomplish?

Mathragh, May 16, 2020
Thema:

changing a hard drive

1. changing a hard drive - Similar Threads - changing hard drive

2. hard drive changing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hard drive changing: I have windows 10 running on my system on HDD. Upgradation to Windows 11 is available but I want to change my drive to SSD. I want to keep the license. What do I need to do first?...
  3. hard drive changing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    hard drive changing: I have windows 10 running on my system on HDD. Upgradation to Windows 11 is available but I want to change my drive to SSD. I want to keep the license. What do I need to do first?...
  4. Changing Hard Drives

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Changing Hard Drives: I would like to transfer my Win10 install from an old SATA 1tB drive to a 2tb SSD drive. Can anyone suggest the best way of doing this? Is there something in Win10 I can use, or do I need 3rd party software? Thanks in advance. 175803
  5. Hard drive change

Hard drive change: Hey i got a pre built pc 3 years ago and i want to buy a new hard drive and i would like to to know how to install windows on the new hard drive using my old windows 10 and not buying a new key plz explain how i need to do it....
  6. hard drive change

hard drive change: im changing my hard drive out today , i do not want to save anything . i want to start completely clean . i do however want to be able to retrieve my windows 10 . it came preinstalled on this pc. my understanding. is that i will have to have the product key . if so where do...
  7. Changing Hard Drives

Changing Hard Drives: My current Win10 C: drive is 2TB SATA and was wondering how hard would it be transfer the installation to a 1TB SSD drive. I am currently only using 161 GB of my 2TB, but was thinking about moving it to increase speed. 164367
  8. Hard Drive Change

Hard Drive Change: I had to replace the hard drive in my laptop since the last one was no good and wouldn't boot up. How can I reinstall windows 10 on my new hard drive without having a product key or disk?...
  9. changing hard drive help

in Windows 10 Support
    changing hard drive help: i have win 10 on my pc that i got and installed win 7 on. then window told me to upgrade to 10 so i did thru the internet, at that time i entered the code from my cd and sometime later that code changed, it is now not the same as on my cd. anyway i want to change the hard...
  10. hard drive change

hard drive change: im about to upgrade my hard drive in win 10 to a larger one what do i need to do if the change knocks my product key out assuming a hard drive is a major change like a motherboard...