Windows 10: Changing a hdd with raid 5 to NTFS

Discus and support Changing a hdd with raid 5 to NTFS in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello! I have 4 hdd's that were used in a NAS storage unit with raid 5 array that is no longer being used old OS. I erased all the data, pulled out... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by WayneDT, Sep 12, 2020.

1. WayneDT Win User

Changing a hdd with raid 5 to NTFS

Hello!

I have 4 hdd's that were used in a NAS storage unit with raid 5 array that is no longer being used old OS. I erased all the data, pulled out two of them, disk management shows them with 5 partitions I want only 1 partition, used command prompt to clear and create a primary partition. Then, I used windows to reformat in NTFS. All went good! However, the other two remaining hdd's are not showing up in disk management with the 5 partitions as the other two did. Instead, they are showing up as "Disk 2 Removable No Media" though they are a CD drive that is empty. What can be done to correct this?

FYI - I have been using a USB to SATA adapter for this process on all 4 HDD's.

:)

WayneDT, Sep 12, 2020
  2. GaeDLLD Win User

RAID 0 NTFS partition unreadable

Hello there,

I created a internal RAID 0 NTFS partition (without 2x 1To HDD) on my Windows 10 computer with the native "Disk Management" tool of windows.

Other detail : Sometimes, I connect an external HDD macos formatted (to transfer some files), so I use the MacDrive10 software to use my disk.

Everything is working at this state...

Here is the problem : Now, if I uninstall the MacDrive software, my RAID 0 NTFS partition is unreadable...

Do you have any subjection to solve this issue, and why it's happening ?

Thanks,

Gaëtan

GaeDLLD, Sep 12, 2020
  3. help raid 0

so what is the step by step to set up raid 0?
    First, format both ssd to the same format: NTFS
    Second, change sata mode in bios from ahci to Raid
    Third, save bios and reboot, press Ctril+ I to enter Raid setup
    Fourth, make a raid disk

is it right?

mrthanhnguyen, Sep 12, 2020
  4. Kem Mon Win User

unlock hdd

Hi Johan,

It is possible that your
    HDD was unreadable
    causing the error message to appear. We recommend that you perform these troubleshooting steps and check if there are any changes:

• Shutdown
      your
      PC.

• Unhooked
      the
      HDD
      and
      turn on
      your
      PC.

• Reconnect
      your
      HDD
      and
      restart
      your
      PC.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you contact your
    laptop/computer's manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Sep 12, 2020
Thema:

1. Changing a hdd with raid 5 to NTFS - Similar Threads - Changing hdd raid

2. Confused About Raid 5

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Confused About Raid 5: Using the Raid Calculator, with 5 drives at 4tb each, I should be getting 16TB of storage, however when I create the raid in windows, it's creating a storage pool of 18.1tb and a maximum storage space of 12.1tb. Make it make sense. :...
  3. Confused About Raid 5

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Confused About Raid 5: Using the Raid Calculator, with 5 drives at 4tb each, I should be getting 16TB of storage, however when I create the raid in windows, it's creating a storage pool of 18.1tb and a maximum storage space of 12.1tb. Make it make sense. :...
  4. Confused About Raid 5

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. RAID 5 Across Hard Drives

RAID 5 Across Hard Drives: Hello,I am building a NAS and I have 1x 8TB HHD and 3x 3TB HHD. Can I set all 4 drives up in RAID 5 even though one drive is 8TB and not 3TB? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/raid-5-across-hard-drives/3639c094-b898-4d9e-9af3-bd322e4aa7cf
  6. RAID 5 Across Hard Drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RAID 5 Across Hard Drives: Hello,I am building a NAS and I have 1x 8TB HHD and 3x 3TB HHD. Can I set all 4 drives up in RAID 5 even though one drive is 8TB and not 3TB? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/raid-5-across-hard-drives/3639c094-b898-4d9e-9af3-bd322e4aa7cf
  7. RAID 5 Across Hard Drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. RAID 0 NTFS partition unreadable

RAID 0 NTFS partition unreadable: Hello there, I created a internal RAID 0 NTFS partition without 2x 1To HDD on my Windows 10 computer with the native "Disk Management" tool of windows. Other detail : Sometimes, I connect an external HDD macos formatted to transfer some files, so I use the MacDrive10...
  9. Windows 10 Pro, Raid 5

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Pro, Raid 5: I recently had the misfortune of letting a "repair shop" work on my PC, I have 3 500gb Samsung SSD's set up on my MSI MOBO to RAID 5, when I originally set this up, windows saw the raid and drive "c" was showing as 1TB, like it should, after letting this shop work on my pc it...
  10. Recreating RAID 5 Array AMD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Recreating RAID 5 Array AMD: I updated to Windows 10 Pro with a clean install and had issues with my RAID array showing up as raw format. I was able to take a backup of it from my W7 drive then rebooted into W10 deleted the array in Disk Management, deleted the array in the controller BIOS and then...