Windows 10: Changing a minors settings/ permissions

Discus and support Changing a minors settings/ permissions in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; My daughter has turned 17 and is looking for a job. unfortunately every site she visits requires my permission. What do I change on her account to stop... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by JR3326, Apr 6, 2021.

1. JR3326 Win User

Changing a minors settings/ permissions

My daughter has turned 17 and is looking for a job. unfortunately every site she visits requires my permission. What do I change on her account to stop the permission requirement.

:)

JR3326, Apr 6, 2021

2. how to change folder and file permissions in windows 10

Hi David,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

• Are you trying to give permission to particular files and folders?
    I suggest you to follow the below step and check if it helps.

• Once you choose the file that you want to give permission, right click on it.
    • Click on properties and go to security tab, check whether any permission have been set.
    • After you have viewed the permissions that are already set, you can now click on the Advanced Button that is right below the "Permissions for Authenticated Users"
    • Once you have clicked Advanced, a box like this should appear, the "Permission Entries" box, which shows all the permissions that are set for the users. Now, after you have spotted the user whose permissions you wish to change, click "Change Permissions.
    • Click on the user you would like to edit, and then click the option that says "Change Permissions" which is right below the box.
    • Once that is clicked, you are going to get the same box pop up, but this time, you can actually edit the options. You do that by clicking the "Administrators" user again, and this time, you are going to click the "Edit" option.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Apr 6, 2021
  3. tom acito Win User
    how to change folder and file permissions in windows 10

this is for a file... how for a folder and ALL subfolders and files

thanks.

tom acito, Apr 6, 2021
  4. Changing a minors settings/ permissions

System Specs minor revisions and suggestions

Change: Hard Disk(s) to Storage Device(s)
    Change: LCD/CRT Model: to Display Device(s):
    add an Audio Device(s) = for headsets and speaker set ups.

and as others have suggested before: The option to list more than one system spec

lyndonguitar, Apr 6, 2021
Thema:

Changing a minors settings/ permissions

1. Changing a minors settings/ permissions - Similar Threads - Changing minors settings

2. Changing Permissions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing Permissions: I have Windows 11 on my desktop computer. I'm the Owner, Administrator and the name that I log in under, Denise. No one else uses my computer. I've been trying to change permissions in order to update my GPS but the options for each "account" are grayed out except for Owner...
  3. Setting up LAPS - Changing Permission on a CN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setting up LAPS - Changing Permission on a CN: I am currently having an issue with changing permissions on our networks CN=Computers. When setting up LAPS you must run a command on the organizational units that have your workstations in them. Well our network has been setup where our Headquarter's Computers sit within the...
  4. Setting up LAPS - Changing Permission on a CN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Setting up LAPS - Changing Permission on a CN: I am currently having an issue with changing permissions on our networks CN=Computers. When setting up LAPS you must run a command on the organizational units that have your workstations in them. Well our network has been setup where our Headquarter's Computers sit within the...
  5. Setting up LAPS - Changing Permission on a CN

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. changing permissions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    changing permissions: I want to change my Minecraft permissions to be able to play multiplayer. how do I do that https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-permissions/1447eeff-ce1b-46bd-9152-c96e7109ca73
  7. Cortana for minors

in Cortana
    Cortana for minors: I'm thirteen years but can't sing into Cortana. Are thirteen-years old's under the age restriction? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-for-minors/63b5d36f-6e7f-476f-8319-95dba7566af1
  8. Minor, annoying change in last update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Minor, annoying change in last update: Hi, this is a small perhaps silly issue, but one that's really bugging me. It is about the internet connectivity icon on the taskbar. Before the last update, this icon was the standard wifi icon, which showed a yellow warning if wifi was on but unable to connect, and a red...
  9. Changing permission settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing permission settings: Hello there! I am having permission issues with this Windows 10. Whether as an administrator or user, I cannot change the permission to write on my $1200 laptop. This is really frustrating, especially during this COVID-19 shut down. Can someone please help? Thank you....
  10. Changes permissions

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Changes permissions: Ever time I check my permissions they are changed. Not all of them but almost. If I unplug my pc & unhook the network cable it isn't as bad. It gets to the point where I am not allowed to do anything but go online. I have scanned with several antivirus programs but nothing...