Windows 10: Changing a user account from standard to administration

Discus and support Changing a user account from standard to administration in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Yesterday as I was going through my laptop I happened to change my user account from administrator to standard and now i cant reverse it back to admin... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by KevinKimani98, Nov 15, 2018.

1. Changing a user account from standard to administration

Yesterday as I was going through my laptop I happened to change my user account from administrator to standard and now i cant reverse it back to admin as it does not allow me to make the change. Please i really need help as i cannot install anything on my laptop.

:)

KevinKimani98, Nov 15, 2018
  2. Edgar Pan Win User

changing standard account to administrative account

Hi Kiran,

These changes cannot be made with a standard account. Since you changed the administrator account to a standard one, you will not be able to make any changes that affect other users on the computer.

If there is another administrator account on the computer, we suggest to login using that account and change your account to administrative account.

Follow the steps below on how to change your standard account to administrative account:

1. On the desktop, press Windows key + X and select Control Panel.

2. Click on User Accounts in Large Icons View.

3. Click on Manage another account.

4. Click on the standard account.

5. Click on Change Account Type and select Administrator.

6. Click on Change Account Type button and restart the computer.

Let us know how it goes.

Edgar Pan, Nov 15, 2018
  3. Account user mode changing issues.(Administrator/ standard)

Hi,

The User Account Control is a type of security that restricts unauthorized installation of apps and settings modification. You will normally encounter this notification if you are using a standard account. Since this is the issue that you have encountered
    on your PC, we would like to ask for additional information to help us provide you the appropriate solution. Please answer the following:

• What command did you run when you changed the administrator account to standard?
    • Do you still have another administrator account that you can log into?
    • What build and version of Windows 10 are you using?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

We look forward to your response.

Jennifer Cha, Nov 15, 2018
  4. Changing a user account from standard to administration

Standard user account created shows Administrator on Windows 10

Hello,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and will assist you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Are you logging in using a Microsoft account on any of the created two user accounts?
    • Have you created 2 local account with administrative privileges on the computer?

Please be informed that Local user account as well as
    Microsoft user account
    can be considered as Standard user account. A
    Standard user account is the user account which do not have any administrative privileges.

It is possible to create two or more accounts with administrative privileges on computers running with Windows 10 operating system.

If you want to convert one of the user account as a standard account, I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type Control panel in the search box and select the top most search result.
    • Select User Accounts and click on Change account type
      from the window.
    • Click on the user account and select Change the Account type option.
    • Select Standard and click on Change account type
      button from the window.
    • Close the window and check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Nov 15, 2018
Thema:

Changing a user account from standard to administration

1. Changing a user account from standard to administration - Similar Threads - Changing user account

2. How to change from standard account to an administrator account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change from standard account to an administrator account: Hi, I accidentally changed my one and only admin account on windows 8.1 to a regular account guest. Now, I can't make any changes to user accounts, only admin account users can do that. How do I fix this?...
  3. How to change from standard account to an administrator account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change from standard account to an administrator account: Hi, I accidentally changed my one and only admin account on windows 8.1 to a regular account guest. Now, I can't make any changes to user accounts, only admin account users can do that. How do I fix this?...
  4. how to change from administrator account to standard account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to change from administrator account to standard account: I would like to change from an administrator account to a standard account. Is there a way to do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-from-administrator-account-to/429d068f-5f2e-484e-a2f1-c37592200845
  5. how to change from administrator account to standard account

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to change from administrator account to standard account: I would like to change from an administrator account to a standard account. Is there a way to do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-from-administrator-account-to/429d068f-5f2e-484e-a2f1-c37592200845
  6. Change Account type from Administrator to Standard

Change Account type from Administrator to Standard: How do I change Account type from Administrator to Standard? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-account-type-from-administrator-to-standard/0bb78dea-dd6e-4e42-b949-ff40def4d648
  7. Changing Standard user account to Administrator account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Changing Standard user account to Administrator account: Split from this thread. how do I change administrator on this ProBook s series. administrator passed away gave this laptop to me but cannot change from owner guest to administrator? ***Original title: How do I change administrator on this laptop?***...
  8. Unable to change the user account to standard user from administrator on Windows 10.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to change the user account to standard user from administrator on Windows 10.: Hi - While trying to trouble shoot a new cable modem I was directed to an IT service tech by what I thought was the real cable modem support. Stupidly I allowed this I tech remote access to my computer, stupid I know. He tried to get to pay to remove "malware" after showing...
  9. Change from standard account to administrator account

Change from standard account to administrator account: I was setting on my admin account to stardard account. Now I cannot install any program.. I don't have full control to my pc. Please tell me how to change back to orginal setting....
  10. administrator user changed to standard user

administrator user changed to standard user: I have changed my administrator user to standard user. Know i need to login with admin user. I am using windows 10. There was only administrator user which i have changed to standard user. How can i get back admin user. I also can't open cmd "run as administrator". Showing...