Windows 10: Changing a Windows 10 user account

Discus and support Changing a Windows 10 user account in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I need to change user account in Windows to share my computer with my sister. How to change it to Administrador.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by TylerSmithZY, Oct 21, 2018.

1. Changing a Windows 10 user account

I need to change user account in Windows to share my computer with my sister. How to change it to Administrador.

:)

TylerSmithZY, Oct 21, 2018
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Changing a Windows 10 user account :(

Zakin, Oct 21, 2018
  3. 95Viper Win User
    95Viper, Oct 21, 2018
  4. Arul_D Win User

Changing a Windows 10 user account

How do you change a user account to an administrator account in Windows 10?

Hi Fiona,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to go to control panel and check your user account status. Right click on the start button and select control panel in the menu. In the control panel, click on the 'view by' option in the top right and select 'large icons'. Now, click
    on 'User accounts' and check if your account is listed as Administrator. If it is not displayed as Admin account, click on the option 'Change user account type' and select 'Administrator' and apply changes. Try these steps and let us know the results. If you
    have already tried, please let us know what all troubleshooting steps you have tried so far, so that we can provided you suggestion accordingly.

Arul_D, Oct 21, 2018
Thema:

Changing a Windows 10 user account

1. Changing a Windows 10 user account - Similar Threads - Changing user account

2. Duplicate User Account OR Change User Account email - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Duplicate User Account OR Change User Account email - Windows 10: Hi,I have a laptop with LOTS of customisations literally thousands that I need for the businesses I run.It is all running great, doing exactly as I want.Unfortunately, my Microsoft account was hacked and stolen. And in typical Microsoft fashion, they have "been able to...
  3. Duplicate User Account OR Change User Account email - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Duplicate User Account OR Change User Account email - Windows 10: Hi,I have a laptop with LOTS of customisations literally thousands that I need for the businesses I run.It is all running great, doing exactly as I want.Unfortunately, my Microsoft account was hacked and stolen. And in typical Microsoft fashion, they have "been able to...
  4. Duplicate User Account OR Change User Account email - Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. How to change window user account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to change window user account: I have 2 Microsoft accounts and I am using A account as window user account. I want to change the account i use to sign into my window. So if I want to change window user account from A account to B account, should I add B account to Family & other people? There is no way to...
  6. Windows Users Account Name Change

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Users Account Name Change: I recently added my microsoft to my pc and it has changed the Users folder to the beginning 5 letters of my email. It is really making me mad I have looked all over on how to fix and its just so ugly with 5 letters from the start of a dumb email address. How can I change it...
  7. Windows 10 themes changing for all user accounts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 themes changing for all user accounts: My husband and I each have our separate user accounts on the same computer. We have different themes because we have different preferences. Mine is pretty simple and his is high contrast. Whenever one of us signs out and the other signs in, the display settings carry over to...
  8. Change Microsoft User account in Windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Change Microsoft User account in Windows 10: email name beginning with my.....@outlook.com is displayed on on a new computer that I am trying to set up my old computer died and the only email address I have been using is the Hotmail address and the computerpicked up the outlook.com and won't accept the hotmail.com that...
  9. user account change

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    user account change: Ok, hoping someone can help me. i was in process of adding my kids to the pc so they can log into the school website for the homework. now, somehow, the account i am actually on (which is mine) changed the user log on as my sons, meaning his name now has all the software...
  10. Change User Name of Account in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change User Name of Account in Windows 10: How to: Change User Name of Account in Windows 10 How to Change User Name of an Account in Windows 10 The user name of an account is used to identify the account in Windows. For example, on the sign-in screen. This tutorial will show you how to change the name of any...