Windows 10: Changing Admin account on Windows 10 device

Discus and support Changing Admin account on Windows 10 device in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hello, We have a family laptop which had one user profile which we all used, i bought a game for my daughter and to install it I had to log on to the... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by RobertLyne1, Jul 12, 2020.

1. Changing Admin account on Windows 10 device

Hello,

We have a family laptop which had one user profile which we all used, i bought a game for my daughter and to install it I had to log on to the laptop with my Microsoft account. I did this and it set me as an administrator and took our family profile and made it mine.

I then added my wife to the users group but she gets new desktop and file structure etc. The thing is she uses this laptop more than me, so how do I swap our profiles over so she sees what she is used to.

Or can I remove the Microsoft account log ins and go back to our old family log in.

Please help

:)

RobertLyne1, Jul 12, 2020
  2. C0zzie Win User

How to change admin user account name?

ah so main admin account is 'wizzle' which is what I am currently on
    I make another account called 'wizzle2' (with admin rights)
    I sign out of 'wizzle' and sign into 'wizzle2'.
    And once signed into 'wizzle2', then I do the command prompt step and find the SID for 'wizzle' that is listed and go from there?

C0zzie, Jul 12, 2020
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Jul 12, 2020
  4. Zakin Win User

Changing Admin account on Windows 10 device

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Changing Admin account on Windows 10 device :(

Zakin, Jul 12, 2020
Thema:

Changing Admin account on Windows 10 device

1. Changing Admin account on Windows 10 device - Similar Threads - Changing Admin account

2. PC admin account change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC admin account change: When I purchased my pc they set up the Adminstrator email account using the email I placed the order under, a gmail account. Is there a simple method of changing this admin email accoun on my pc without losing my the connection to my MS account and Windows 11 installation....
  3. Changed admin account to device owner, now it doesnt work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changed admin account to device owner, now it doesnt work: Recently I tried making guest account and also changed mine to device owner and when I logged into the guest account I wasnt able to switch back to the admin device owner account, it just vanished. I need help on how to switch back because I when I try to run cmd as...
  4. Changed admin account to device owner, now it doesnt work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changed admin account to device owner, now it doesnt work: Recently I tried making guest account and also changed mine to device owner and when I logged into the guest account I wasnt able to switch back to the admin device owner account, it just vanished. I need help on how to switch back because I when I try to run cmd as...
  5. Can't Change Account to Admin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Change Account to Admin: I just bought my computer 2 weeks ago and it came with Windows 11 already installed. My wife was the first one to log in and I guess she became the Administrator account. I got annoyed of having to use her Gmail password to sign in so I found a way to log in without using a...
  6. changing admin while the admin account is locked

in Windows 10 Customization
    changing admin while the admin account is locked: need help changing my pc to this account for admin as its the second time my account has been locked for no reason i dont play on xbox products anymore nor will i again after this has been done. and it seems i cant even manage my computer without it telling me that im account...
  7. Change Microsoft Admin Account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Change Microsoft Admin Account: I am the admin on my family's laptop, and want to switch it to my mother. My microsoft account was compromised awhile ago, so I changed the email and password on my Microsoft account and the previous email is no longer usable. The problem is that I am not able to sign in to...
  8. Root Admin Account - change Windows Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Root Admin Account - change Windows Account: Not sure how, but prior to my setting my Windows account on my root Admin account, a member of my family attached their windows account. Is there any way to change that? Everything in my searches says I have to setup another Admin account and delete the problem one. I will...
  9. Change admin account password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Change admin account password: I am running WIN10 build 18362. I have the admin PW (not my MS account PW) so can login. I wish to change the admin PW. There are no other accounts on the machine. How can I make the change?...
  10. Windows 10 changed my Admin account to local

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 changed my Admin account to local: I have been using Windows 10 for months with only minor issues. I log in today and try to make a change and was unable to do so. I rebooted and when I logged in, it said I had a local account. Between yesterday and today, somehow my admin account was changed to local by...