Windows 10: Changing admin email

Discus and support Changing admin email in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am trying to fix the problem of a friend's email being used as my admin email. Under "my info" in my laptop settings, his email is right under my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by TJK3, Mar 21, 2020.

1. TJK3 Win User

Changing admin email

I am trying to fix the problem of a friend's email being used as my admin email. Under "my info" in my laptop settings, his email is right under my name and being used as administrator. I've gone into email and accounts, can't remove the email, we've gone into his account and removed my laptop from his devices, nothing, I've gone into control panel and tried to change admin statuses, his email isn't even in my system and only one account is said to be on this device. The only place this email is appearing is in "my info" and there is no way for me to switch it back to my own. I should also say that not even a few weeks ago, it was my email being used and I haven't done anything to change it. His email wasn't even used for anything other than signing into the store.

:)

2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Mar 21, 2020
  3. changing my admin from an old email to a new email

looking for step by step procedures on switching my admin from old email to the new email

MikeVoorhees, Mar 21, 2020
  4. Changing admin email

Admin email replaced with hackers email. How can I point admin role to new email?

1. You must be the Administrator on the computer to run the commands I listed earlier.

2. Change Admin Account in Settings

Have to change a user account type? Here's how on Windows 10.

3. There are utilities (free) that can locate passwords on the device. These are from NirSoft.

EncryptedRegView,

CredentialsFileView
    , and
    VaultPasswordView

EncryptedRegView will decrypt passwords found in Windows Registry

4. As Greg said, go to every site you do business with and change your passwords to secure your accounts.

5. If nothing works, Perform a clean install of Windows 10 which will wipe account information out on the system.

https://www.howtogeek.com/224342/how-to-clean-install-windows-10/

Scroll down to Erase Everything in this tutorial to see how to completely erase data on the pc so you can register your account on the unit. These are the steps one would do if selling or donating the pc. There are steps on how to backup your files in the
    beginning of the tutorial.

Here's what you need to do before selling a used PC

Smittychat., Mar 21, 2020
Thema:

Changing admin email

1. Changing admin email - Similar Threads - Changing admin email

2. changing admin email for my 365 account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    changing admin email for my 365 account: I wanted to change my main admin alias email.It says to delete the email and then add a new oneI went to do this and it said I wouldnt be able to login if I deleted the main email.I went to add a new one on hotmail but it said it was a "reserved domain" and wanted me to use...
  3. Unable to change admin email or password.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to change admin email or password.: I recently had to delete two email accounts and change my phone number due to a security concern. When updating all my accounts with my new info, I forgot about my Windows 11 account. I'm currently logged in under a deleted email but need to change my admin email and password...
  4. Unable to change admin email or password.

Unable to change admin email or password.: I recently had to delete two email accounts and change my phone number due to a security concern. When updating all my accounts with my new info, I forgot about my Windows 11 account. I'm currently logged in under a deleted email but need to change my admin email and password...
  5. Change admin email on Windows Security

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Change admin email on Windows Security: Trying to download software and up pops a window security box asking for my password. Problem is my windows security email address is a very old one no longer used. It seems difficult or even impossible to change the Admin email address? Any help would be appreciated.Anne...
  6. Change admin account email

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change admin account email: I just miss wrote email address in admin account.How can I change that email address. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-admin-account-email/598b6da2-30a0-42c7-b2b2-f2625d11c634
  7. Change admin account email

Change admin account email: I just miss wrote email address in admin account.How can I change that email address. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-admin-account-email/598b6da2-30a0-42c7-b2b2-f2625d11c634
  8. Change admin account email

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Not able to change admin Email id

Not able to change admin Email id: Hi, My admin microsoft account is deleted but it is still in my windows PC and I am not able to remove it Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-able-to-change-admin-email-id/7ff6fb1c-39e8-4fc4-a9d8-88216e097fcb
  10. changing my admin from an old email to a new email

changing my admin from an old email to a new email: looking for step by step procedures on switching my admin from old email to the new email https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-my-admin-from-an-old-email-to-a-new-email/f01033f6-18fe-416e-9aac-04e3d13b7a9e