Windows 10: Changing Admin on new laptop

Discus and support Changing Admin on new laptop in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; So i just received a new laptop and when I was setting up the microsoft account for the new computer I created a new account thinking it would be no... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by KennyT1336, Jun 22, 2019.

1. Changing Admin on new laptop

So i just received a new laptop and when I was setting up the microsoft account for the new computer I created a new account thinking it would be no issue. However, now the new account is the admin account on the computer and I have no idea how to remove it even though I have another microsoft account that I can easily transfer admin status to.

:)

KennyT1336, Jun 22, 2019
  2. Arun B J Win User

Changing administrator for new windows 10 laptop

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

To change the Account type follow the steps.

• Press Windows + X, click on User Accounts.

• Click on change your account type.

• Select standard account.

To delete the account follow the steps.

• Click on Manage other Account.

• Select the user account.

• Click on Delete the account.

To create the new user account follow the steps.

• Click on Manage other Account.

• Click on Add A new user in PC setting.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Jun 26, 2019
  3. Namslas90 Win User
    admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Jun 26, 2019
  4. Changing Admin on new laptop

Changing Admin on new laptop

So i just received a new laptop and when I was setting up the microsoft account for the new computer I created a new account thinking it would be no issue. However, now the new account is the admin account on the computer and I have no idea how to remove
    it even though I have another microsoft account that I can easily transfer admin status to.

KennyT1336, Jun 26, 2019
Thema:

Changing Admin on new laptop

1. Changing Admin on new laptop - Similar Threads - Changing Admin laptop

2. change admin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    change admin: I downloaded microsift teams onto my partners laptop, i signed in using my email, but now when he turns his laptop on, the picture is mine associated to my email and my email is now the admin, how do i put it back to how it was and remove myself, i dont need mircosoft teams...
  3. Dell Laptop - Admin User Change Help.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dell Laptop - Admin User Change Help.: Hi all, I have a Dell Laptop, that was a works laptop, that I was given as part of my severance package, so out of work 2 weeks before Christmas. I want to use it to apply for jobs / spruce up my CV ! Ex work removed Office 365 from the laptop so I purchased a years...
  4. Change admin

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change admin: Ok so my dad gave me his laptop and it has windows 10 on it but I am trying to download something but it says I need admin password to continue how do I get the password or reset the admin, I would ask my dad for the password but he is never around for me to ask him....
  5. changing admin

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    changing admin: how do I switch back and forth between the 2 administrators on my account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-admin/97e72801-d95e-4c60-a54f-afe372d71c87
  6. Change Admin on new laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change Admin on new laptop: New laptop--I had someone else set it up and they misspelled my email account including using that account as administrator. I want to change the administrator of the laptop to my real email. How do I do that?...
  7. Change admin

Change admin: I am passing along my older laptop to a family member. How can I change the computer's admin status from my name, email and photo to hers? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-admin/d27437d4-5c8e-4f88-9b6c-265a4ddeb0dd"
  8. New Admin

New Admin: Hi. I just bought a new desktop today. Now my old desktop is still under my own Admin, Microsoft email account and everything. I want to delete all that I am connected to that old computer, because I am giving it to a new owner. How can I do that?...
  9. Need to change settings Admin on a laptop with windows 10 from my old admin info to her new...

Need to change settings Admin on a laptop with windows 10 from my old admin info to her new...: I have a laptop I gave to my girlfriend that is set up with my admin info and email and I want it set up to hers. How do I do this without fully wiping the system? I added her email and info but there is no way to remove an old admin and set up a new one. I see this question...
  10. New laptop no admin rights

New laptop no admin rights: I've just bought a new laptop and need administration rights however there doesn't seem to be a way to do this. When I go in to administrator, its a weird default man and there is not even the security and update or friends and family options. This was a display model. Have...