Windows 10: changing admin while the admin account is locked

Discus and support changing admin while the admin account is locked in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; need help changing my pc to this account for admin as its the second time my account has been locked for no reason i dont play on xbox products anymore... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Nerdalee, Sep 29, 2020.

1. Nerdalee Win User

changing admin while the admin account is locked

need help changing my pc to this account for admin as its the second time my account has been locked for no reason i dont play on xbox products anymore nor will i again after this has been done. and it seems i cant even manage my computer without it telling me that im account locked. which i know of i changed phone providers so don't have my old phone number and i was game sharing with my nephew but hes unable to play the games i have when my account is unlocked so it is extremely a hassle that should just have been there originally.

:)

Nerdalee, Sep 29, 2020
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Sep 29, 2020
  3. PANDIT G. Win User
    Admin account locked

Hi Greg,

My local admin account is locked then how I will install the application it needs admin rights to install.

please suggest something else.

Thanks

Pandit.

PANDIT G., Sep 29, 2020
  4. PANDIT G. Win User

Admin account locked

My admin account is locked don,t know how to unlock but have a standard user to login please suggest can I do something from normal user to unlock the admin account.

PANDIT G., Sep 29, 2020
Thema:

1. changing admin while the admin account is locked - Similar Threads - changing admin while

2. PC admin account change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC admin account change: When I purchased my pc they set up the Adminstrator email account using the email I placed the order under, a gmail account. Is there a simple method of changing this admin email accoun on my pc without losing my the connection to my MS account and Windows 11 installation....
  3. PC admin account change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC admin account change: When I purchased my pc they set up the Adminstrator email account using the email I placed the order under, a gmail account. Is there a simple method of changing this admin email accoun on my pc without losing my the connection to my MS account and Windows 11 installation....
  4. Can't Change Account to Admin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Change Account to Admin: I just bought my computer 2 weeks ago and it came with Windows 11 already installed. My wife was the first one to log in and I guess she became the Administrator account. I got annoyed of having to use her Gmail password to sign in so I found a way to log in without using a...
  5. Change admin account email

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change admin account email: I just miss wrote email address in admin account.How can I change that email address. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-admin-account-email/598b6da2-30a0-42c7-b2b2-f2625d11c634
  6. Change admin account email

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change admin account email: I just miss wrote email address in admin account.How can I change that email address. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-admin-account-email/598b6da2-30a0-42c7-b2b2-f2625d11c634
  7. Admin account is locked or corrupt

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Admin account is locked or corrupt: I currently do not have access to my admin account because it is corrupt or locked. I tried the last password and PIN used but no lock. I would like to access the hidden admin account. I am sending this request for help from a new profile on the same computer. Please help...
  8. Change Microsoft Admin Account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Change Microsoft Admin Account: I am the admin on my family's laptop, and want to switch it to my mother. My microsoft account was compromised awhile ago, so I changed the email and password on my Microsoft account and the previous email is no longer usable. The problem is that I am not able to sign in to...
  9. Change admin account password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Change admin account password: I am running WIN10 build 18362. I have the admin PW (not my MS account PW) so can login. I wish to change the admin PW. There are no other accounts on the machine. How can I make the change?...
  10. Locked Out of Admin Account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Locked Out of Admin Account: I have become locked out of my admin account because my password seems to have changed. I haven't used this account in a couple of years as I have a second account which I use regularly. Both accounts have the same password. I just noticed that my clock did not adjust for DST...