Windows 10: Changing administrative password and keyboard number keypad activation:

Discus and support Changing administrative password and keyboard number keypad activation: in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Suddenly and for no apparent reason, whenever signing on to my Lenova laptop, Windows 10 quit accepting keystrokes from my keyboard. I've had to use... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by PhilipRoberson, Aug 2, 2020.

1. Changing administrative password and keyboard number keypad activation:

Suddenly and for no apparent reason, whenever signing on to my Lenova laptop, Windows 10 quit accepting keystrokes from my keyboard. I've had to use "ease of access" function on screen keyboard to sign into my computer. I've changed not one thing, including a password and need to know why the number pad and keyboard has stopped working. Scary to think Microsoft would lock me out of my on computer! But to the effect I have no blinking cursor and cannot type anything into the password content area, that has been the case. Please advise!

:)

PhilipRoberson, Aug 2, 2020

2. enable Number Keypad in Windows 10

Hello Clinton,

We regret the inconvenience. Let me assist you.

To be able to understand the issue better, let us know a few more details on the below questions.

• Are you using any external keyboard?
    • Did you check if the number keypad becomes active or got enabled if you press the the
      num lock key?
    • Does the following suggestion help?

Control Panel > Ease Of Access Center > Make the keyboard easier to use > untick 'Turn On Mouse Keys'

Write to us with the updated status and the required information related to number keypad, for us to be able to assist you further.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Aug 2, 2020
  3. brent Win User
    Numbers Keypad opens apps as well as typing numbers

I'm talking about the keypad at the right end of the keyboard.
    When I press some number keys, apps open; if I use the numbers at the top of the keyboard, they work as usual.
    I can't find this specific issue anywhere online.

Changing administrative password and keyboard number keypad activation: [​IMG]

1 opens Google Chrome
    4 opens the volume level
    7 opens the calculator
    2, 3, 5, 6, 8, 9 work normally
    Nothing is turned on in "Ease of access center"
    I checked Google Chrome, and the 1 key is not set up as a shortcut

Changing administrative password and keyboard number keypad activation: [​IMG]

How do I stop the numbers keypad from doing this?

brent, Aug 2, 2020
  4. Wolffie Win User

Changing administrative password and keyboard number keypad activation:

Setting up Keypad

How do I set up my keyboard so my keypad is activated on startup?
    Every time I punch in a password, I get it wrong because I keep forgetting that the keypad isn't activated *Eek
    TIA

Wolffie, Aug 2, 2020
Thema:

Changing administrative password and keyboard number keypad activation:

1. Changing administrative password and keyboard number keypad activation: - Similar Threads - Changing administrative password

2. Lenovo keypad number keys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lenovo keypad number keys: I am failing to use my number keys except for 5 and 6? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lenovo-keypad-number-keys/4e5fe632-5e2b-4b83-a7ca-ed31ad4bbf7f
  3. Lenovo keypad number keys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Lenovo keypad number keys: I am failing to use my number keys except for 5 and 6? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lenovo-keypad-number-keys/4e5fe632-5e2b-4b83-a7ca-ed31ad4bbf7f
  4. Lenovo keypad number keys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Changing Administrator password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Changing Administrator password: I want to change the bios to uefi but cannot access the command prompt during boot up, it requires a password and my Windows password does not work. Anyone have an answer?...
  6. Changing Administrator password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing Administrator password: I want to change the bios to uefi but cannot access the command prompt during boot up, it requires a password and my Windows password does not work. Anyone have an answer?...
  7. Changing Administrator password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. microsoft natural keyboard numeric keypad number 1,4,7 malfunction

microsoft natural keyboard numeric keypad number 1,4,7 malfunction: Microsoft natural keyboard PS2 plug numeric keypad malfunction The numeric keypad number 1, 4, and 7 malfunction. Once pressed, they generate a tone instead. This happened suddenly this morning.Tried to remove and reinstall the device but still can't fix the issue.Pls advise...
  9. Number Keypad Unlock

Number Keypad Unlock: After my PC goes to sleep I can type in my PIN number with the number keypad to get access. The next time I use it I have to press the Num Lock button to type numbers. I can't find the setting to keep the Num Lock off. I have a wireless mouse which I understand may have...
  10. Number keypad in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Number keypad in Windows 10: How can I get the number keypad to work? This computer ignores the "NL" key. Help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/number-keypad-in-windows-10/b20abe64-7cff-4bde-89a9-ef78ca73e06c