Windows 10: Changing Administrator in laptop

Discus and support Changing Administrator in laptop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I gave my old laptop to my daughter when I received a new one for Christmas. She needs to be the Administrator of that machine as I have an account... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PamelaMaples, Feb 28, 2019.

1. Changing Administrator in laptop

I gave my old laptop to my daughter when I received a new one for Christmas. She needs to be the Administrator of that machine as I have an account with Microsoft on this machine. How can administrator be changed to her name on the old laptop?

:)

PamelaMaples, Feb 28, 2019
  2. Arun B J Win User

Changing administrator for new windows 10 laptop

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

To change the Account type follow the steps.

• Press Windows + X, click on User Accounts.

• Click on change your account type.

• Select standard account.

To delete the account follow the steps.

• Click on Manage other Account.

• Select the user account.

• Click on Delete the account.

To create the new user account follow the steps.

• Click on Manage other Account.

• Click on Add A new user in PC setting.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Feb 28, 2019
  3. changing administrator

Hi,

Share this information to assist you better.

• What are the steps you have tried to change the Admin rights?
    • How many accounts have you configured in your computer?
    Try the below steps if you have not tried:

• Open Control Panel (Move the cursor to the lower/left corner of the screen and
      Right Click, select Control Panel on the menu.
    • In Control Panel, select User Accounts.
    • Select Manage another account.

This will show all of the user accounts on the computer. If there is an Administrator account it will show that designation.

• Sign Out and log on with any Administrator Account.
    • Go back to Control Panel/User Accounts.
    • Select Manage another account and then select the Standard account you wish to change.
    • Select the Change Account Type option.
    • Select the Administrator option to change the account and click the
      Change Account Type button.
    If there are no other Administrator Accounts, let us know and we can try another recovery method.

Let us know what you find.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Feb 28, 2019
  4. Changing Administrator in laptop

how to change administrator on my computer

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

As I understand that your administrator account has been changed to another account as administrator. We will help you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the account settings as administrator and check if it helps.

1. In the search type as “user accounts”.

2. Click on “change your account types”.

3. All the user accounts will be listed there, under your account you can select as administrator.

4. The account will be changed to administrator.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Feb 28, 2019
Thema:

Changing Administrator in laptop

1. Changing Administrator in laptop - Similar Threads - Changing Administrator laptop

2. Changing Administrators on Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing Administrators on Laptop: I've read a number of articles on this and what my laptop says and what the articles say don't seem to match.I have two accounts on this laptop which is Windows 11 as well as a tablet and another laptop, both Windows 10. They all need to be changed.The email that I want to...
  3. Changing Administrators on Laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing Administrators on Laptop: I've read a number of articles on this and what my laptop says and what the articles say don't seem to match.I have two accounts on this laptop which is Windows 11 as well as a tablet and another laptop, both Windows 10. They all need to be changed.The email that I want to...
  4. Changing administrator on child's laptop

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Changing administrator on child's laptop: I am commandeering my child's laptop to add myself as an administrator and change her to a standard user-do I need to do a factory reset in order to accomplish this?...
  5. Laptop changed to administrator mode ?.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Laptop changed to administrator mode ?.: I had my laptop sent to Dell to fix my screen, it came back and it was in an administrator mode I think. Because of this, all my files are gone and I'm not sure how to get them back. I contacted support for this, but they didn't help me very much. I just want my files back as...
  6. Deceased husband - change the administrator on his laptop

Deceased husband - change the administrator on his laptop: My husband unexpectedly died in December. I have access to his laptop we were open with our passwords and have only just felt ready to switch his laptop on so I can transfer any photos etc. I want to keep it, always good to have a spare but I don't like seeing his name on...
  7. Changing the administrator on a laptop

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Changing the administrator on a laptop: My son has set himself up as the administrator on our new family laptop - how do I remove him? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-the-administrator-on-a-laptop/57c6a2aa-0d81-41bf-ba75-2a82ad32208c
  8. administrator is laptop & can't change it to microsoft account

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    administrator is laptop & can't change it to microsoft account: I have tried several "help" from Microsoft & HP - not helpful - just try to sell me Smartfriend or Azure. This computer is still under warranty so why do I have to pay for help when their help screwed it up?! I have refreshed, re-downloaded windows 10 several times, but...
  9. How do I change administrator on this laptop?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I change administrator on this laptop?: Split from this thread. how do I change administrator on this ProBook s series. administrator passed away gave this laptop to me but cannot change from owner guest to administrator?...
  10. changing administrator

changing administrator: how do I change administrators on windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-administrator/b1c0eadf-282e-4f98-813a-7ce024acf59f

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to change administrator name on toshiba satellite c55-a