Windows 10: Changing administrator on child's laptop

Discus and support Changing administrator on child's laptop in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I am commandeering my child's laptop to add myself as an administrator and change her to a standard user-do I need to do a factory reset in order to... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by mikeroth1, Jan 17, 2021.

1. mikeroth1 Win User

Changing administrator on child's laptop

I am commandeering my child's laptop to add myself as an administrator and change her to a standard user-do I need to do a factory reset in order to accomplish this?

:)

mikeroth1, Jan 17, 2021

2. Child can not log in to windows 10 laptop anymore

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

I suggest you to check if check if you are able to login online using the Child account. I suggest you to change the password for the child account by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X and select Control Panel.
    • Click on Family Safety and select the child account.
    • On the left navigation pane, select Change Password.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts and check if the password is changed.
    • Login with the new password and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 17, 2021
  3. Jan123 Win User
    Child Account Get Greyed Out

Thanks for the suggestion, but I did the following instead.

I have another laptop, 2 weeks old, with Windows 10 Home on it.

On that one, I tried the same steps with the child account, and got the exact same results.

Jan123, Jan 17, 2021
  4. Changing administrator on child's laptop

Islamic Development Bank Funds One Laptop Per Child in Cameroon

The greater availability of more information to more people is a beautiful thing, it should be pretty obvious what an educated human can accomplish by now.

Could you suggest a list of books that contain all the information on the internet and where to buy them for the same cost per child as these laptops?

bear jesus, Jan 17, 2021
Thema:

Changing administrator on child's laptop

1. Changing administrator on child's laptop - Similar Threads - Changing administrator child's

2. Changing Administrators on Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing Administrators on Laptop: I've read a number of articles on this and what my laptop says and what the articles say don't seem to match.I have two accounts on this laptop which is Windows 11 as well as a tablet and another laptop, both Windows 10. They all need to be changed.The email that I want to...
  3. Changing Administrators on Laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing Administrators on Laptop: I've read a number of articles on this and what my laptop says and what the articles say don't seem to match.I have two accounts on this laptop which is Windows 11 as well as a tablet and another laptop, both Windows 10. They all need to be changed.The email that I want to...
  4. Administrator for Child Accounts?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Administrator for Child Accounts?: What I am trying to do is make a child account have administrator permissions, with full control of windows, but still lets the parent account monitor its activity and get notifications of logins. Is there any way I can do this within Microsoft Family Safety or is there a...
  5. Administrator for Child Accounts?

Administrator for Child Accounts?: What I am trying to do is make a child account have administrator permissions, with full control of windows, but still lets the parent account monitor its activity and get notifications of logins. Is there any way I can do this within Microsoft Family Safety or is there a...
  6. Changing the administrator to adult account rather than child

Changing the administrator to adult account rather than child: Hi,When I set up my new laptop, it is assuming that my son is the administrator as my email is assigned to his Microsoft account. I also have a Microsoft account. How do I change the administrator from my son to myself?Thank you....
  7. Changing the administrator on a laptop

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Changing the administrator on a laptop: My son has set himself up as the administrator on our new family laptop - how do I remove him? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-the-administrator-on-a-laptop/57c6a2aa-0d81-41bf-ba75-2a82ad32208c
  8. Changing Administrator in laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing Administrator in laptop: I gave my old laptop to my daughter when I received a new one for Christmas. She needs to be the Administrator of that machine as I have an account with Microsoft on this machine. How can administrator be changed to her name on the old laptop?...
  9. Change child administrator to adult

Change child administrator to adult: We made my son the administrator on his pc, however because of his birthday (he's 9) it will not allow him to do much. He can't watch youtube at all, and whenever we try to install a program, for instance, I bought Adobe Animate for him and tried to install it, but it...
  10. Administrator involuntarily changed into child account?

Administrator involuntarily changed into child account?: What is wrong with this feature? I added a child account some time ago, and everything was alright, but I deleted it some time after. I removed it, and its data completely from the windows and made sure there was no trace of it. My account was administrator and the head of...