Windows 10: Changing app recommendation settings

Discus and support Changing app recommendation settings in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I keep trying to open the Zoom app on my Lenovo, but I keep receiving a pop-up stating that it isn't a Microsoft-verified app and to change my app... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Mike B.1, Jun 10, 2023.

1. Mike B.1 Win User

Changing app recommendation settings

I keep trying to open the Zoom app on my Lenovo, but I keep receiving a pop-up stating that it isn't a Microsoft-verified app and to change my app recommendation settings. I cannot seem to find where to change that setting. Please help.

:)

Mike B.1, Jun 10, 2023
  2. PetVS Win User

Change app recommendation settings

When I try to download an app to my Windows 10 PC, I get the message, This app is not a microsoft verified app. Change your app recommendation settings. I've tried and failed. I go to settings, app, apps and features and there is no option there. The
    only options are Optional features and App execution aliases. My PC is running Windows 10 Home 1909. How can I change this?

PetVS, Jun 10, 2023
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jun 10, 2023
  4. Changing app recommendation settings

Unverified app, change your app recommendation settings

It seems the App Recommendations menu is missing:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/445859...

https://www.intowindows.com/turn-off-the-app-yo...

I find no other reported cases of this being missing, so let's check over the System to find and fix problems that might be causing this:

First try re-registering the Settings app from Option 2 here:
    http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3175-apps-re...

Next go over this checklist to make sure the install is set up correctly, optimized for best performance, and any needed repairs get done:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wiki...

Start with Step 4 to turn off Startup freeloaders which can conflict and cause issues, then Step 7 to check for infection the most thorough way, then step 10 to check for damaged System Files, and also Step 16 to test a new Local Admin account. Then continue
    with the other steps to go over your install most thoroughly.

If nothing else works then do a Repair Install, by installing Media Creation Tool, open tool and choose to Upgrade Now. This reinstalls Windows while keeping files, programs and most settings in place, and is also the most stable method to advance to the latest
    version.
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/m...

I hope this helps. Feel free to ask back any questions and keep me posted. If you will wait to choose if I resolved your problem, I will keep working with you until it's resolved.

Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly
    research any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP 2010-20, Jun 10, 2023
Thema:

Changing app recommendation settings

1. Changing app recommendation settings - Similar Threads - Changing app recommendation

2. Changing app recommendation settings to 'anywhere'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing app recommendation settings to 'anywhere': I am trying to install programs on my new laptop and am unable to adjust the Windows app setting to allow apps from sources other than the Microsoft Store. I followed the instructions in this article: Change your app recommendation settings in Windows - Microsoft...
  3. Changing app recommendation settings to 'anywhere'

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing app recommendation settings to 'anywhere': I am trying to install programs on my new laptop and am unable to adjust the Windows app setting to allow apps from sources other than the Microsoft Store. I followed the instructions in this article: Change your app recommendation settings in Windows - Microsoft...
  4. I cannot change my app recommendation settings

I cannot change my app recommendation settings: I don't have an option to change my app recommendation settings. Customer support hotline is absolutely terrible. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-change-my-app-recommendation-settings/2eb3964e-b523-4598-b5c1-ef8698b7f447
  5. Changing app recommendation settings

Changing app recommendation settings: I keep trying to open the Zoom app on my Lenovo, but I keep receiving a pop-up stating that it isn't a Microsoft-verified app and to change my app recommendation settings. I cannot seem to find where to change that setting. Please help....
  6. Changing app recommendation settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing app recommendation settings: I keep trying to open the Zoom app on my Lenovo, but I keep receiving a pop-up stating that it isn't a Microsoft-verified app and to change my app recommendation settings. I cannot seem to find where to change that setting. Please help....
  7. How to "change app recommendation settings"?

How to "change app recommendation settings"?: I don't use any MS Store apps and have long since used the usual file association methods to define other applications as default (e.g. foobar2000 for music and VLC for video). However, when I try to open a bunch of music files, Windows 10 only offers to open them in WMP....
  8. Change app recommendation settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change app recommendation settings: When I try to doqwnload an app to my Windows 10 PC, I get the message, This app is not a microsoft verified app. Change your app recommendation settings. I've tried and failed. I go to settings, app, apps and features and there is no option there. The only options are...
  9. Unverified app, change your app recommendation settings

Unverified app, change your app recommendation settings: I am downloading something and it's telling me to change my app recommendation settings, but the option isn't available anwhere I look. I've looked at other similar questions, and I can't find the setting still. I'm using Windows 10 ver 1903, and the setting isn't where it...
  10. "Unverified App: Change Your App Recommendation Settings"

"Unverified App: Change Your App Recommendation Settings": Hey i need some help, i'm trying my best to change my app recommendation settings and it isn't their and i've went to see if i'm in S mode and i'm not? Im completely updated and not in S mode but the option to change the settings isn't their at all. Does any body gave an idea...