Windows 10: Changing app settings so it doesn't require admin password to run

Discus and support Changing app settings so it doesn't require admin password to run in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello all, I normally use a mac so am not proficient on Windows anymore. I have a PC in one of my classrooms running windows 10. I installed an app... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jonjonbear, Oct 30, 2018.

1. Changing app settings so it doesn't require admin password to run

Hello all,
    I normally use a mac so am not proficient on Windows anymore. I have a PC in one of my classrooms running windows 10. I installed an app while logged in as administrator. Another user logged on and wanted to use the app, but it asked for an admin password. How do I make it where the app will run for any user? Thanks. I did look around but didn't find the answer.

Cheers,

John

:)

jonjonbear, Oct 30, 2018
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Oct 30, 2018
  3. freeboy Win User
    admin password?

ok changed added admin password for d in safe mode!
    Ok, now this is weird: XP repair will not accept my new password! WTF?

freeboy, Oct 30, 2018
  4. Berton Win User

Changing app settings so it doesn't require admin password to run

NO Internet - Wlan password change not possible!

Are you seeing your Router in the Wireless Connection list when clicking on the icon in the Notification area? If so, clicking your Router's name in that list should give a choice to connect then enter the password you set in the Router. That routine works also in Linux and Mac OS X, not exactly OS/Operating System specific. The afore-mentioned list will usually show a number of Routers around you, most will have a very low strength and should be passworded or locked.

Berton, Oct 30, 2018
Thema:

Changing app settings so it doesn't require admin password to run

1. Changing app settings so it doesn't require admin password to run - Similar Threads - Changing app settings

2. Shift - M requires I run apps in admin mode.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shift - M requires I run apps in admin mode.: I've had issues with typing capital "m". For some reason, I cannot type "M" with apps that are not running in admin mode. I have to use caps lock. The problem is only for "m", all other keys work fine. I have updated my keyboard drivers. I have updated windows. I checked out...
  3. Shift - M requires I run apps in admin mode.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shift - M requires I run apps in admin mode.: I've had issues with typing capital "m". For some reason, I cannot type "M" with apps that are not running in admin mode. I have to use caps lock. The problem is only for "m", all other keys work fine. I have updated my keyboard drivers. I have updated windows. I checked out...
  4. Why is windows 11 requiring me as admin to run apps in admin mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is windows 11 requiring me as admin to run apps in admin mode: Every time i try to update file, or attempt to play certain games my system forces me to run said app in admin mode. I am the admin of my computer, and it is very annoying to have to do this every time i turn around. I have had even more problems with this since the last...
  5. Why is windows 11 requiring me as admin to run apps in admin mode

Why is windows 11 requiring me as admin to run apps in admin mode: Every time i try to update file, or attempt to play certain games my system forces me to run said app in admin mode. I am the admin of my computer, and it is very annoying to have to do this every time i turn around. I have had even more problems with this since the last...
  6. Mail App: "This device doesn't meet the security requirements set by your email admin."

Mail App: "This device doesn't meet the security requirements set by your email admin.": Hello, I just got a new laptop and have been trying to set up my organizations email. I have done so on my desktop, phone and old laptop.However, when I set try to set up the email according to my organization, as I've done before, I get the message, "This device doesn't meet...
  7. Mail App: "This device doesn't meet the security requirements set by your email admin."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mail App: "This device doesn't meet the security requirements set by your email admin.": Hello, I just got a new laptop and have been trying to set up my organizations email. I have done so on my desktop, phone and old laptop.However, when I set try to set up the email according to my organization, as I've done before, I get the message, "This device doesn't meet...
  8. change admin password?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    change admin password?: I am trying to download everything I need so I can begin to work from home on Monday. It will not allow me to proceed unless I have my admin password to approve the downloads. I very rarely use this computer, so I have no idea what it is. I tried my go to passwords but...
  9. Admin password required for sign-in password.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Admin password required for sign-in password.: Hey. Is there a way I can make windows to ask for my admin password to confirm when changing the sign-in password for windows? Just curious. 119339
  10. Error in changing password. Doesn't Password Policy Requirement

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Error in changing password. Doesn't Password Policy Requirement: Hi, I am having problems changing the password of the local administrator in Windows 10 Home. Before, I can use a simple password without any complexity. I noticed the changes the first time I used Microsoft Outlook and added my email in the company I am working with....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. requires admin password to run app