Windows 10: Changing Audio Balance for Wireless Headphones

Discus and support Changing Audio Balance for Wireless Headphones in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I'm here asking for help again. I am hearing impaired, which means I can barely hear in my left. I have a set of Steelseries Arctis 7,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/raytracedwater, Apr 27, 2020.

1. Changing Audio Balance for Wireless Headphones

Hi everyone, I'm here asking for help again. I am hearing impaired, which means I can barely hear in my left. I have a set of Steelseries Arctis 7, which I am using wirelessly through a wireless hub that was included in my purchase. The problem is, it connects to my PC through a USB, and Windows 10 doesn't want to let me change my audio settings. I tried the Steelseries hub, but the only thing it wants me to adjust is the equalizer. Please help, I can't hear whatever is going on in games such as Siege and it has been really affecting my game time.

submitted by /u/raytracedwater
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/raytracedwater, Apr 27, 2020
  2. Mala_S Win User

Move audio to one side for speakers but not headphones

Hello J1mmyth3F1sh,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Is your headphones getting detected in the Playback settings?
    • Are you trying to play the audio on both Speakers and Headphones at the same time?

Ideally, if you have configured Sound settings to play on your left speakers, the same goes with the headphones. The sound starts playing only on the left side of your headphones according to the settings changed.

Meanwhile, we can try configuring the headphones and change the balance level in the sound settings and see if it works. Kindly check with the steps listed below and see if it helps.

Method : Run audio test for your headphones.

• Open Control Panel from the Start menu and click on
      Sound.
    • In the Sound window, click on your
      Headphones and select Configure option at the bottom left.
    • By running the test, check if both sides of your headphones are working fine.

If that doesn’t help, I would suggest you to check with the audio balance by following the steps listed below:

• Open Sound settings from
      Control Panel,
      and right click on the Headphones to open its
      Properties.
    • Click on Levels tab and select
      Balance
      button. In the Balance window, you can use the slider to balance both left and right headphones equally.

However, I commend and appreciate you for recognizing this behavior. This is a valuable suggestion as there may be other users with a similar requirement. Hence, I suggest you to leave a
    Feedback for this product so
    that our developer team can look into this and check if it can be implemented in the future updates.

Regards,

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Apr 27, 2020
  3. Suman_B Win User
    Audio Balance doesn't work for my Bluetooth headphones Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, we would need some information.

1. May I know the Make and the model of the computer?
    2. Are you aware of any changes made on your PC before this issue occurred?
    3. Have you tried updating to latest 1903 version and check?

Since you are able adjust the balance with other Bluetooth headphones on the same device, please
    try connecting the Skullcandy headphones on another Windows 10 device and check if the issue persist.

Meanwhile, I suggest you to try the following methods and check:

Method 1: Toggle the Mono settings.

1. Go to settings.
    2. Ease of access.
    3. On the left hand side, Click on Audio
    4. Toggle the Mono audio settings

Changing Audio Balance for Wireless Headphones 6fd20c65-5672-46ef-8150-dff9bf80c4e3?upload=true.jpg

Method 2. Uninstall Ghost drivers.

1. Select Start .
    2. In the search box on the taskbar, type device manager.
    3. Click on View and select click on Show hidden devices.
    4. Go to Sound devices and game controllers and expand it.
    5. Now uninstall all the greyed out devices.

However, you may want to check with the Skullcandy support,
    as some of the headphones might have hardware limitations for changing the audio balance.

Thanks,

Suman.B

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Suman_B, Apr 27, 2020
  4. Junaid_A Win User

Changing Audio Balance for Wireless Headphones

My left headphone randomly lowers it's volume.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forums.

• What is the make and model of the headphone?

This could be due to the change in Balance levels of the playback device. I suggest you to try the steps listed below and check if it works.

• Right click the sound icon on the taskbar and choose
      Sounds
    • Select your headphone, and click on Properties.
    • Click on Balance under Levels
      tab, adjust Left and Right to the same levels.
    • Save the changes and check if the issue persists.

For more troubleshooting tips on audio issues, refer Fix sound problems in Windows 10.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Apr 27, 2020
Thema:

Changing Audio Balance for Wireless Headphones

1. Changing Audio Balance for Wireless Headphones - Similar Threads - Changing Audio Balance

2. headphone balance

in Windows 10 Gaming
    headphone balance: my headphone left side is louder than the right i tried to control the balance from the control panel and the both is 100% i tried to update the audio driver and reinstall the audio driver i tried it in another device and it worked in both sides and when i test another...
  3. headphone balance

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    headphone balance: my headphone left side is louder than the right i tried to control the balance from the control panel and the both is 100% i tried to update the audio driver and reinstall the audio driver i tried it in another device and it worked in both sides and when i test another...
  4. headphone balance

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Xbox Wireless Headset: Audio Balance Feature

Xbox Wireless Headset: Audio Balance Feature: Hey i would like to ask if the audio balance feature is only for Xbox or can i somehow activate it on my Windows 10 Education? If it's possible to activate it on pc please tell me how. So far my left earcup does nothing. Things i tried: Soft reset of pc and headset Hard...
  6. headphones will randomly change audio balance of right speaker to 55

in Windows 10 Customization
    headphones will randomly change audio balance of right speaker to 55: I can't remember when I first noticed this issue but its been happening to me every few days for at least a year, and I can't understand why it happens. currently on build 18363 I'll occasionally start my PC and the balance for my headphones will have changed itself so that...
  7. Wireless Headphone Audio Balance (Left/Right) issue! Please Help!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wireless Headphone Audio Balance (Left/Right) issue! Please Help!: I have a mild hearing handicap where I can hear more in my right ear over my left ear. I recently bought Corsair Void Elite Wireless headphones after replacing a set of Corsair Void Pro USB headphones. Before buying these, I tried a set of Steelseries Arctis 7 Wireless...
  8. Audio balance issue in the headphone

Audio balance issue in the headphone: Salut Am luat pc ..mi-am luat licenta..casti bune..totul bine si frumos dar cand filmez pe pc se aude muzica de fundal in casti dar vocea doar in casca stanga...asa e si pe filmare...ce pot face? Moderator Edit: Translation: Hello I took the pc ..I got my license..good...
  9. Can’t change the balance on my headphones

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can’t change the balance on my headphones: I have a 3.5 to usb wired headset that I use daily on my computer and consoles, but the right cup sounds louder than the left. Now I had this issue before and I think it might be my hearing so I want to change the balance, thing is when I get to device properties where the...
  10. Audio Balance Bug - Balance changes when changing volume

in Windows 10 Customization
    Audio Balance Bug - Balance changes when changing volume: Hello forum, So I have a weird bug that I cannot find anything on the internet for. Like the title says, when changing the volume (either with the keyboard or mouse), the left-right channels change with it. It's really odd, and it's happened in the past, but I don't know...