Windows 10: Changing back my signin option to a password on windows 10

Discus and support Changing back my signin option to a password on windows 10 in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; So basically I had read the reply you had given to someone when they asked the same question but you had given them the option to remove the PIN which... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Igihozo, Sep 19, 2019.

1. Igihozo Win User

Changing back my signin option to a password on windows 10

So basically I had read the reply you had given to someone when they asked the same question but you had given them the option to remove the PIN which I do not have. Is there any other way I can change back to that without removing the PIN?

:)

Igihozo, Sep 19, 2019

2. windows 10 signin with a password

I do not want to use a password to signin to windows 10, but when I installed it, it put my microsoft account password in for me. How do I change this

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

PaulDrahushuk, Sep 19, 2019
  3. cannot cick into signin option

I wanted to change password to pin in security settings.but I cannot click into the signin option once I click it gets stuck.i have restarted my system many times but still I cant enter into signin options.

Sambenhursha, Sep 19, 2019
  4. mike3124 Win User

Windows 10 Password change

I am trying to change the password of my standalone Windows 10 PC.

If I use the change account settings / signin options/ Password I get a message saying:

"Something went wrong"

Great

If I try the Ctrl Alt Del option the password change option is not displayed

mike3124, Sep 19, 2019
Thema:

1. Changing back my signin option to a password on windows 10 - Similar Threads - Changing signin option

2. No option to change password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    No option to change password: Recently my PC had an update and I don't know the password as before the update it was a pin number which I knew and now since I've updated my PC, I don't know the password. There are no options to reset password, I have restarted the PC multiple of times and there are still...
  3. No option to change password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No option to change password: Recently my PC had an update and I don't know the password as before the update it was a pin number which I knew and now since I've updated my PC, I don't know the password. There are no options to reset password, I have restarted the PC multiple of times and there are still...
  4. No option to change password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Accounts - Signin Option Greyed Out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Accounts - Signin Option Greyed Out: I just got a new computer with Windows 11 and the option to turn off "For improved security, only allow Windows Hello sign-in for Microsoft accounts on this device." is greyed out.How do I fix this?...
  6. Change password back to an old password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Change password back to an old password: Hi thereI know how to change password.. but i have been asked too many times now to change my password, that i can't remember the new ones anymore, and want to go back to an old reliable passwordAny idea how to do that?Everytime i try it just says "You have used an old...
  7. Login changed from PIN to password, No option to change back to PIN

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Login changed from PIN to password, No option to change back to PIN: A Window update today has locked me out of Windows 10. Was using a PIN to log in. Now it wants a password. Anything I try comes back as incorrect. On the 6th attempt at the password it appears as if it is going to work. Then after 30-60 seconds it comes backs as incorrect...
  8. No password option or PIN change option

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    No password option or PIN change option: I just got a new Windows 10 PC, and I don't think my Microsoft account is working correctly on it. My profile picture is not there, whereas on my old PC it is there. Also, my sign-in options screen does not have a password option see picture and pressing the other sign-in...
  9. Login changed from PIN to password, No option to change back to PIN

in Windows 10 Support
    Login changed from PIN to password, No option to change back to PIN: A Window update today has locked me out of Windows 10. Was using a PIN to log in. Now it wants a password. Anything I try comes back as incorrect. On the 6th attempt at the password it appears as if it is going to work. Then after 30-60 seconds it comes backs as incorrect...
  10. Unable to access signin options

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unable to access signin options: When ever I try to go to the useraccount etc tab in settings the box opens and just closes I get no error message or anything. I have tried going to settings from all the places you can and it makes no difference. Anyone else had this and if so is it fixable without a...