Windows 10: Changing boot device to USB port to load new Widows 10

Discus and support Changing boot device to USB port to load new Widows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; How do I change the boot device to USB port to load new Windows 10 on desk top?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TuckerTownJT, May 5, 2019.

1. Changing boot device to USB port to load new Widows 10

How do I change the boot device to USB port to load new Windows 10 on desk top?

:)

TuckerTownJT, May 5, 2019
  2. spapakons Win User

USB Port Oddities

Ok, let's see it with pictures step-by-step. First right-click on the USB device and select Update driver software:

Changing boot device to USB port to load new Widows 10 [​IMG]

Then select Browse my computer for driver software (LAST option) :

The select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer (LAST option) :

Then select the standard driver from the list and click next:

Click next/OK as required to complete installation. Repeat the steps for all Intel USB devices. Finally click on each USB root device and press DEL to delete it, reply YES when asked. After deleting all USB root devices restart the computer.

I hope this is detailed enough...

spapakons, May 5, 2019
  3. Mark Ole Win User
    USB ports

Hi Frank,

Inserting and removing a USB device repeatedly may cause the USB port to stop responding. When the port is in this state, it no longer recognizes any USB device, and the USB device will not work.

Here are few things that you can do to resolve the issue:

Use Device Manager to scan for hardware changes. After your computer scans for hardware changes, it might recognize the USB device that is connected to the USB port so that you can use the device.

To scan for hardware changes, follow these steps:

• Click Start, and then click Run.

Note If you are running Windows Vista, click Start, and then use the Start Search box.
    • Type devmgmt.msc, and then click OK. Device Manager opens.
    • In Device Manager, click your computer so that it is highlighted.
    • Click Action, and then click Scan for hardware changes.
    • Check the USB device to see whether it is working.

Turn off Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.

• In the Device Manager dialog box, expand Universal Serial Bus controllers, right-click USB Root Hub, and then click Properties.
    • In the USB Root Hub Properties dialog box, click the Power Management tab. Uncheck the
      Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power
      box.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested troubleshooting steps.

Mark Ole, May 5, 2019
  4. Naresh_K Win User

Changing boot device to USB port to load new Widows 10

Changing the Port settings for Serial-USB.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

If you want to change the port settings, please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Open Device manager (right click on start button
      and then on Device manager).
    2. Then expand port (COMS & LPT).
    3. Then right click on Prolific USB-to Serial Comm Port and then on properties.
    4. Go to port settings and click on Advanced.
    5. You will be able to make the changes on this screen.

Hope this helps.

Naresh_K, May 5, 2019
Thema:

Changing boot device to USB port to load new Widows 10

1. Changing boot device to USB port to load new Widows 10 - Similar Threads - Changing boot device

2. Cannot boot new PC with USB drive to install widows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot boot new PC with USB drive to install widows 11: Hello,I recently bought a new PC, and don't manage to install widows 11 with the USB drive I got fresh from the windows 11 family's box.Every part in the PC is new.I can boot in the BIOS where all components are detected, even the USB drive, however it is not recognized as a...
  3. Cannot boot new PC with USB drive to install widows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot boot new PC with USB drive to install widows 11: Hello,I recently bought a new PC, and don't manage to install widows 11 with the USB drive I got fresh from the windows 11 family's box.Every part in the PC is new.I can boot in the BIOS where all components are detected, even the USB drive, however it is not recognized as a...
  4. will not load widows 10

will not load widows 10: windows 10 will not install due to missing drivers, I have run several scans and I am not missing any drivers. Gets stuck at 40% install. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-not-load-widows-10/400b2a83-e19d-4818-a3b4-a57dabbbeaa0
  5. will not load widows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    will not load widows 10: windows 10 will not install due to missing drivers, I have run several scans and I am not missing any drivers. Gets stuck at 40% install. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-not-load-widows-10/400b2a83-e19d-4818-a3b4-a57dabbbeaa0
  6. will not load widows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. comm ports in widows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    comm ports in widows 10: I have installed com1 on my win10 laptop, has the correct irq and memory resources but tells me that the device can't find enough resources that it can use. I need to disable one of the other devices on the system.Dell Latitude E5440com1 IRQ 4 resources 3F8-3FFWindows 10...
  8. comm ports in widows 10

comm ports in widows 10: I have installed com1 on my win10 laptop, has the correct irq and memory resources but tells me that the device can't find enough resources that it can use. I need to disable one of the other devices on the system.Dell Latitude E5440com1 IRQ 4 resources 3F8-3FFWindows 10...
  9. comm ports in widows 10

10. Windows USB port not detecting new inserted devices.

Windows USB port not detecting new inserted devices.: This issue is happening on windows (7 & 10) on a HP computer. The USB devices will not be recognized even after updating the USB drivers. The USB Devices will however become recognized after disabling, then enabling said drivers. The USB Device will not be recognized as being...