Windows 10: Changing Boot Order

Discus and support Changing Boot Order in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Having found my way into the BIOS to change the boot order I am faced with 4 options. Which one do I select? I want the PC to call first on a USB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by clayto, Nov 19, 2018.

1. clayto Win User

Changing Boot Order

Having found my way into the BIOS to change the boot order I am faced with 4 options. Which one do I select? I want the PC to call first on a USB Recovery Drive, created with Macrium Reflect. Should I go back to BIOS to make a note of the options and list them here, as I guess they may be different for different machines?

:)

clayto, Nov 19, 2018

2. Can't Change Boot Order

Cloned original C:\ drive to an SSD drive then followed the windows procedure to get to BIOS to change the boot order:

• Settings
    • Update and Security
    • Recovery - Restart Now
    • Troubleshoot
    • Advanced Options
    • UEFI Firmware Settings
    • Restart
    The last restart does not take me to BIOS. I just get a blank screen. Esc key gets me back to Windows, but I don't want to format the original C:\ drive for other use until I am able to change the boot order. How do I do that?

GregCowling, Nov 19, 2018
  3. Right boot order but doesnt boot right. But works on manual boot.

Hello Kyle,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing in your computer regarding the bootup of the device. We will help you.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• What is the exact make and model of your PC?
    • As mentioned, "But if i load it in first time boot, and then select the po or something(the first in my boot order) it works", can you explain us what exact issue are you facing?
    • Was there any recent hardware changes done prior to the issue?
    • Did you check in BIOS if the Boot menu order is changed?
    Please post to us with the information above to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Nov 19, 2018
  4. Brink Win User

Changing Boot Order

Change Wireless Network Connection Priority Order in Windows 10

Hello Denis, Changing Boot Order :)

The command in step 2 of Option Two should show your wireless networks listed in priority order. Top of the list is higher.

Brink, Nov 19, 2018
Thema:

Changing Boot Order

1. Changing Boot Order - Similar Threads - Changing Boot Order

2. Boot order changes after a while

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Boot order changes after a while: I'm currently dual booting on my laptop Windows 10 and Linux, each one on a separate disk. My default boot order is Linux first then Windows, however, if I boot windows multiple times, it will automatically change my boot order so that Windows is the default. I have changed...
  3. Boot order changes after a while

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Boot order changes after a while: I'm currently dual booting on my laptop Windows 10 and Linux, each one on a separate disk. My default boot order is Linux first then Windows, however, if I boot windows multiple times, it will automatically change my boot order so that Windows is the default. I have changed...
  4. Boot order changes after a while

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Changing service order at boot network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing service order at boot network: Hello,I have a little problem on windows 11. My PC boot fast, really fast. The problem is that network starts too late. Must wait a few second after boot for the network card to get the IP. It is a problem for some software that wants to update at start, but they start before...
  6. Changing service order at boot network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing service order at boot network: Hello,I have a little problem on windows 11. My PC boot fast, really fast. The problem is that network starts too late. Must wait a few second after boot for the network card to get the IP. It is a problem for some software that wants to update at start, but they start before...
  7. how to change boot order

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to change boot order: Hi, I currently have 2 bootable windows 10 hdds, 1 on C drive, 1 on E drive, currently when i restart the comp it boots into E: with C: as a secondary, however i want it to be the other way around boot to C: with E: as secondary. I tried swicthing the sata cables but it still...
  8. MSCONFIG Boot Tab..change order

in Windows 10 Support
    MSCONFIG Boot Tab..change order: In MSCONFIG Boot Tab is possible, change the order of the boot selection that appear when the system turns on ? Thank Hispa 168983
  9. Boot order

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Boot order: Hello, BIOS (legacy type) is supposedly is able to edit the [I]boot order[I] but mine refused to do it, nothing happens. I'd like to put the CD drive in the first place, so my machine would be able to boot from it. I need it because the created rescue discs configured so....
  10. Boot Order?

in Windows 10 Support
    Boot Order?: Hello If the pc BIOS is set such that the very first device to boot from is a usb stick, what happens if there is no usb stick ? Will it “automatically” go to the second device (presumably a normal boot) ? Thanks, Bob 99882