Windows 10: Changing boot sequence to usb stick so I can use recovery program

Discus and support Changing boot sequence to usb stick so I can use recovery program in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Could someone please walk me through the last steps in changing the bootsequence of a ASUS GL552 laptop. I am replacing an M2 SSD (serving as a C... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by provlima, Jul 16, 2019.

1. provlima Win User

Changing boot sequence to usb stick so I can use recovery program

Could someone please walk me through the last steps in changing the bootsequence of a ASUS GL552 laptop.

I am replacing an M2 SSD (serving as a C Drive) and want to restore the mirror image from the old SSD drive

I would like to boot from a USB thumb drive that has a rescue program saved to it. I was able to get into the laptop's bios but cannot see any option to change the boot sequence. See the second image. What do i have to do to boot from the USB thumb drive?

See the following two screens of the bios boot tab selections.

Changing boot sequence to usb stick so I can use recovery program [​IMG]

:)

provlima, Jul 16, 2019

2. changing boot sequence (to USB) on Win10 OS

Hi,

I have a samsung laptop with Win10 OS. I'm trying to change the boot sequence to boot from USB drive but unable to do so. I have tried advanced start-up options but doesn't take me to the BIOS / boot sequence option.

Please help... thank you.

Srini (Goosie), Jul 16, 2019
  3. thraxed Win User
    Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Jul 16, 2019
  4. NavyLCDR Win User

USB stick previously used as a boot stick for Killdisk not recognized

Try method 2 under Windows 7 8 10 here:
    Free to Remove Readonly Attribute in Windows

Method 2: Clear readonly status with Diskpart

In Windows 10, 8, 7 OS, you are also able to run Diskpart in Command Prompt to clear read-only attribute on any partition on your computer. You can follow the tutorial below:

Step 1. Open Command Line and type Diskpart
    Step 2. Type list disk
    Step 3. Type select disk (disk number)
    Step 4. Type attributes disk clear readonly

Then try Clean

NavyLCDR, Jul 16, 2019
Thema:

1. Changing boot sequence to usb stick so I can use recovery program - Similar Threads - Changing boot sequence

2. When I have a USB stick loaded on my PC how do I change the program on the USB so I can...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    When I have a USB stick loaded on my PC how do I change the program on the USB so I can...: When I have a USB stick loaded on my PC how do I change the program on the USB so that I can read it. Right now the program on the USB is Notepad and when I open the USB all the writing is gibberish and what program should I have on the USB to be able to read it in English....
  3. When I have a USB stick loaded on my PC how do I change the program on the USB so I can...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I have a USB stick loaded on my PC how do I change the program on the USB so I can...: When I have a USB stick loaded on my PC how do I change the program on the USB so that I can read it. Right now the program on the USB is Notepad and when I open the USB all the writing is gibberish and what program should I have on the USB to be able to read it in English....
  4. When I have a USB stick loaded on my PC how do I change the program on the USB so I can...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can I still use my USB stick?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can I still use my USB stick?: I have just turned my USB stick (128GB) into a recovery drive, can I still save my personal data on it? And it just got formatted to 32GB?! What happens to my 128GB? Kann ich meinen USB Stick noch benutzen?
  6. how to boot into recovery mode using usb created by hp usb recovery so

in Windows 10 Support
    how to boot into recovery mode using usb created by hp usb recovery so: I created a Windows 10 recovery USB using HP recovery Software following screenshots. [img] [img] [img] verification of setup by HP software [img] [img] [img] The USB after final setup and verification seems blank I do not know why. [img] I have following...
  7. Change boot sequence

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Change boot sequence: When my computer boots up I do not get a message "Press f* to enter BIOS" although the facility must be there somewhere, I've been able to find a way in to change some of the settings but not the boot sequence. Unfortunately it's so long since I needed to do this I've...
  8. USB stick previously used as a boot stick for Killdisk not recognized

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB stick previously used as a boot stick for Killdisk not recognized: I created a USB bootable USB stick for use with Killdisk to erase my failed netbook. I now what to be able to use this USB stick for other things. My Windows 10 PC does not recognize it as being plugged in within file explorer. Attached is a picture of the screen from disk...
  9. How to change the boot sequence

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to change the boot sequence: How do I change the boot sequence on W10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-the-boot-sequence/b7db8bbf-4914-4af3-8331-e26314d38669"
  10. USB stick in use.

in Windows 10 Support
    USB stick in use.: Have a problem I can't fix for a while now. Whenever I try to format it, make boot disk etc. I get a message that it's in use (by something) no idea what. It can be empty, not formatted, formatted etc. but same thing happens. Otherwise they work fine, I can write to them,...