Windows 10: Changing brightness on desktop monitors

Discus and support Changing brightness on desktop monitors in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Why is there no brightness slider for external monitors..? Instead of using the buttons maybe windows could be able to create a black colour covering... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by nicholasvotyakov, May 15, 2020.

1. Changing brightness on desktop monitors

Why is there no brightness slider for external monitors..?

Instead of using the buttons maybe windows could be able to create a black colour covering the whole screen, the brightness could be changed depending the what opactity the black mask is. The back light will be the same strenght but its better than no software option..

another thought, you should be able to adjust the nightlight colour when it puts a yellow tint on the screen at night to a black or something? this would be amazing.

hopefully this is readable lol

:)

nicholasvotyakov, May 15, 2020

2. monitor brightness?

Hi Tom,

To change your Windows 10 monitor brightness, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Click the Windows logo; then, search for Control Panel.
    • Select Hardware and Sound.
    • Choose Power Options.
    • On the next screen you should see brightness slider at the bottom of the Control Panel window.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, May 15, 2020
  3. changing monitor brightness

FredHapgood, May 15, 2020
  4. Changing brightness on desktop monitors

How do I change my brightness on Windows 10?

Hi Tyler,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing. Let me help you in answering the question.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons.

• Incorrect settings.
    • Corrupt or outdated display driver.
    I suggest you to uninstall and re-install latest display driver from the computer manufacturer website and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall display driver.

• Right-click on the Start Button and click on
      Device manager.
    • Double-click on Display Adapters to expand.
    • Right-click on the display adapter driver that is listed and select properties.
    • In the window opened, click on drivers tab.
    • In the drivers tab, Click on Uninstall option.
    Step 2: Now re-install display driver from the manufacturer website.

Get the best display on your monitor

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows-8/get-best-display-monitor

You can change the brightness of the monitor by changing the Display settings
    according to your preference on Windows 10. Please refer the help article below for steps to adjust the brightness on your desktop.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/change-screen-brightness

Write to us with the status of the issues experienced on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Nachappa C K, May 15, 2020
Thema:

Changing brightness on desktop monitors

1. Changing brightness on desktop monitors - Similar Threads - Changing brightness desktop

2. Why brightness of monitor can't be changed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why brightness of monitor can't be changed: Hi there ! i am struggling to find a way how to adjust brightness of a screen of a laptop, it was working before, i dont know after which action it stopped working, i updated driver of intel graphics, of nvidia drivers, windows updates and almost had coition with a voodoo...
  3. Why brightness of monitor can't be changed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why brightness of monitor can't be changed: Hi there ! i am struggling to find a way how to adjust brightness of a screen of a laptop, it was working before, i dont know after which action it stopped working, i updated driver of intel graphics, of nvidia drivers, windows updates and almost had coition with a voodoo...
  4. Change the monitor display from bright to dark.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change the monitor display from bright to dark.: The original display of the monitor was dark and the functions seen in File Explorer are in bright. How do I go back to this setting? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-the-monitor-display-from-bright-to-dark/989312e5-78d2-41b6-80f1-ba76ffe52c6c
  5. Monitor Brightness

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor Brightness: Back in win7 from which I updated to wint 10 I could change the brightness of my external monitor with no issue in-system. For whatever reason, that option is now gone in Win 10....
  6. Desktop Monitor Brightness Control Software

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop Monitor Brightness Control Software: Im currently using this monitor and its been great for my photo editing. However, I find the brightness i need to use once color calibrated is too much once leaving my editing software. I can obviously change the brightness control utilizing the joystick like control button...
  7. Changing to another desktop with multiple monitors changes desktops on both monitors. Is...

Changing to another desktop with multiple monitors changes desktops on both monitors. Is...: I have a Macbook for work, and I use multiple desktops all the time on it while also having an external monitor plugged in. Mac's default behavior when transitioning to another desktop is to only change the desktop on one of the monitors. I virtually never want to change...
  8. How to change brightness of monitor with keyboard?

How to change brightness of monitor with keyboard?: I have the Microsoft Surface Keyboard and I am trying to change the brightness with the keyboard on my monitor but only the brightness slide comes up but no change in brightness. Any way to fix this? submitted by /u/GoldGlove2720 [link] [comments]...
  9. monitor brightness

in Windows 10 Customization
    monitor brightness: How do you change the brightness for a monitor attached to your windows 10 computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/monitor-brightness/2c64d719-1ce0-4442-b380-feae6696280e
  10. How to change brightness on a desktop computer?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to change brightness on a desktop computer?: Hi, I was wondering, if anyone knows, how to change brightness on a desktop computer? My monitor is connected via DVI and it does not allow it, it is locked at 50%, but it looks like 100%. I can change color modes via monitor, text is like 25%. but it has to be possible...