Windows 10: Changing Brightness

Discus and support Changing Brightness in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a acer laptop windows 10, and I am unable to change the brightness. I have enabled it, I have everything updated and I've checked the action... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by CarlisleDamian, Dec 3, 2019.

1. Changing Brightness

I have a acer laptop windows 10, and I am unable to change the brightness. I have enabled it, I have everything updated and I've checked the action centre. Please help me!

:)

CarlisleDamian, Dec 3, 2019
  2. Swapna S Win User

Changing laptop brightness.

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing in adjusting/changing the screen brightness in Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might be related to Display adapter.

Before proceeding further, I would like to ask few questions:

1) How exactly you are trying to change the screen brightness?

2) Do you get any error message, when trying to change the brightness?

Please follow below mentioned steps to fix the issue:

Step 1: updating the display adapter and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows + R key on the keyboard.
    • Type devmgmt.msc and press enter.
    • Expand the Display adapter.
    • Right click on the driver and select
      Update driver software
    For more information, refer to the below link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...d4-a109-221bd8a32fca/change-screen-brightness

Please get back to us, if you are facing issue
    in adjusting/changing the screen brightness in Windows 10.

Thank you.

Swapna S, Dec 3, 2019
  3. screen brightness on windows 10

Hi,

Some computers can let Windows automatically adjust screen brightness based on the current lighting conditions.

To manually adjust the screen brightness, we suggest following these troubleshooting steps:

• Click Start, then select Settings.
    • Choose System, then select Display.
    • Under Brightness and color, move the Change brightness slider to adjust the brightness.

Feel free to post back if you have other concern.

Gerard Qui, Dec 3, 2019
  4. Changing Brightness

monitor brightness?

Hi Tom,

To change your Windows 10 monitor brightness, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Click the Windows logo; then, search for Control Panel.
    • Select Hardware and Sound.
    • Choose Power Options.
    • On the next screen you should see brightness slider at the bottom of the Control Panel window.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Dec 3, 2019
Thema:

Changing Brightness

1. Changing Brightness - Similar Threads - Changing Brightness

2. Laptop's screen instantly changes to max brightness, contrast at login

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Laptop's screen instantly changes to max brightness, contrast at login: Build 19037 Every time I boot up my Alienware laptop and then as soon as I enter my log in PIN the screen on my laptop's screen instantly changes to maximum brightness, maximum contrast and maximum sharpness....and there is NO WAY for me to adjust those settings back down!!...
  3. Laptop's screen instantly changes to max brightness, contrast at login

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop's screen instantly changes to max brightness, contrast at login: Build 19037 Every time I boot up my Alienware laptop and then as soon as I enter my log in PIN the screen on my laptop's screen instantly changes to maximum brightness, maximum contrast and maximum sharpness....and there is NO WAY for me to adjust those settings back down!!...
  4. can't change the brightness

in Windows 10 Customization
    can't change the brightness: Hello! I have a problem with the brightness of my Notebook's screen Since the last windows update I can't change the screen's brightness. Is there a solution? I can't find any option in the display settings. And in the Night lights settings there isn't any option for...
  5. Spacebar Changing Screen Brightness In Games With Adaptive Brightness Turned Off.

Spacebar Changing Screen Brightness In Games With Adaptive Brightness Turned Off.: My spacebar in games will change my screen brightness from like 50% to about 70% and I don't know why, I even have adaptive brightness turned off....
  6. Laptop randomly became super laggy and now can’t change brightness

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop randomly became super laggy and now can’t change brightness: I was on my laptop yesterday and everything was running fine. My laptop is normally slow and games can be a bit laggy, but still bearable. Randomly, it restarted and ever since that, games have been extremely laggy. It lags and glitches in the main menu. I cant even play...
  7. Display Brightness Automatically Changing.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Display Brightness Automatically Changing.: So, Posting here because I'm unsure as to whether this is Intel Software, Hardware, Mobo, Display, OS or Driver related. I've trawled Google and tried multiple fixes but I still have this strange issue. For no rhyme or reason my display has been automatically adjusting...
  8. Cannot change brightness after windows update

Cannot change brightness after windows update: I kept getting the popup to update windows so I update windows now I CANNOT change the brightness even with hotkeys everything was working fine before I did the update. I have tried everything literally. I know what you will probably reply. Enable Generic PnP Monitor, I've...
  9. I cannot change my screen/display brightness

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I cannot change my screen/display brightness: Dear readers, I recently updated my windows os to the latest update, and I cannot seem to change my brightness setting. I tried everything that I read online, from uninstalling and restarting my display drivers to trying to use 3rd party apps with no avail. I also tried to...
  10. Unable to change brightness in Windows 10, even after Windows 10 reinstall

Unable to change brightness in Windows 10, even after Windows 10 reinstall: So this is actually an update to my original problem post, for which I received very generous and extensive support: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-change-brightness-in-windows-10/471ab775-9c4f-4940-9315-d1045a154983 Essentially my laptop...